#1 The Dreamer

The Dreamer

Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 01:43 pm

Hi everyone!

Will be picking up my new (to me) 2011 370Z convertible, next Tuesday. A belated mid-life crisis, and birthday present to myself.

I've never had a properly fast car before - a couple of 'quick' cars in my youth, but nothing as potent as this (Renault 5 GT Turbo, and Dutton Phaeton), so looking forward to it. I couldn't stop grinning like a little kid during the test-drive! That right pedal is addictive!  :D

It'll be my daily driver - though I don't do many miles - school run, and back and forth to the airport once a week, and that's about it - though we do live among some pretty nice driving roads!

I can already see me needing to fit a reversing camera, and will probably fit reversing sensors too - just to cover myself - in the hope of taking better care of this than my last ride (an 08 Saab Aero TTID convertible - my 3rd Saab in a row).

Will post pics next week...

Cheers,

Phil

Edited by The Dreamer, 09 October 2019 - 01:55 pm.

• Chilli Red, ChasGFL and Cray Z like this

#2 Cray Z

Cray Z

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 02:28 pm

Hi Phil,

Welcome to the club and congrats on your new purchase! What colour did you get it in? You will have to stick up a few pics when you get it. What's the weight diff on a convertible?

This is a great club with great people. Have a look at the membership section, there are some great perks to being a member as I found out myself only recently.

Where abouts are you based?

Dan.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
  • Gasitup likes this

#3 The Dreamer

The Dreamer

Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 02:41 pm

Hi Phil,

Welcome to the club and congrats on your new purchase! What colour did you get it in? You will have to stick up a few pics when you get it. What's the weight diff on a convertible?

This is a great club with great people. Have a look at the membership section, there are some great perks to being a member as I found out myself only recently.

Where abouts are you based?

Dan.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Thanks Dan,

It's a silver/grey metallic, GT spec with SatNav, heated/cooled seats etc. - it must have been someone's weekend toy, as it has less than 20,000 on the clock! I'll have to look up the weight difference, as I don't know - but I've only ever had 3 'non-convertible' cars - can't beat open topped around a good country road!

I'll take a look at membership - sounds intriguing.

We're around the Hexham area of Northumberland - just on the Northern edge of the North Pennines.

Phil

#4 Chilli Red

Chilli Red

Club Secretary

• Committee Member (10)
  • 23,012 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 October 2019 - 04:19 pm

:hello: hello again :)

Soooooo exciting :yahoo:

Have a good look round and anything you can’t find, shout, someone will help I am sure

Sarah :)
  • The Dreamer likes this

07765 406665
Infiniti FX 30d  premium - loved it but now gone
QX70d S Design and owner and lovin' it - Alas, she has now gone too
Check out our - 2014 & 2015 Annual Club Newsletter Round-ups - Here
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube

#5 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Members (10)
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 05:09 pm

Hello and welcome, Phil. :welcometonissansportz:

What do you mean "belated mid-life crisis", surely you mean "early . . ." as it will hopefully give you a lot longer to enjoy it. ;) :lol:

Michael :)

• The Dreamer likes this

#6 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Moderators (10)
  • 11,417 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 October 2019 - 05:31 pm

Welcome Phil and congrats.  2011 I guess is one of the later models before they ceased production.  Pretty rare - Chas has one and can give you tips and tricks.  Mine is a daily as well.  Its the best thing about the end of a working day :cloud9:

• The Dreamer likes this

Current - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button. GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System. Custom Blank Button Delete Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

#7 The Dreamer

The Dreamer

Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 05:56 pm

Thanks Sarah, Michael, and Les,

Yes, its frustrating to see our colonial cousins can still buy roadsters, and yet theyre not available here anymore.

Am really excited to take delivery - just have to go to work for a few days first - and then its playtime.

My lad has a Z too, so well be a 2 Z family - only his is a CR-Z, not a 350 or 370 - but give him a chance, hes been driving less than a year!

Hes just performed a de-Cat on his car to make it slightly louder - its so quiet, hes worried that people cant hear him coming!

Of course, I now have the perfect excuse to make the 370 a touch louder - I cant be beaten by my own son! :D

PS Is it just me? Or is there an issue with the forum when posting from an iPad? None of my apostrophes are appearing, which kind of makes my post difficult to read - and the only emojis I can add are by using the code for them..... just wondering....

Edited by The Dreamer, 09 October 2019 - 06:02 pm.

• LESmo, Chilli Red and A Pair Of Flabby Wings like this

#8 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Moderators (10)
  • 11,417 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 October 2019 - 06:02 pm

Has the new Zed got a stock or custom exhaust?  It tends to be a very popular mod to Zeds - especially 370's which are as stock quieter than a 350z. 

Is it Auto or Manual?

I liked the CR-Z Very nearly bought one.

Current - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button. GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System. Custom Blank Button Delete Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

#9 The Dreamer

The Dreamer

Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 06:03 pm

Has the new Zed got a stock or custom exhaust?  It tends to be a very popular mod to Zeds - especially 370's which are as stock quieter than a 350z. 

Is it Auto or Manual?

I liked the CR-Z Very nearly bought one.

As far as I’m aware, it’s stock - but I haven’t looked under it yet. And it’s a manual - I keep telling myself I should get an auto in my advancing years, but just haven’t been able to bring myself to do it! :D

#10 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Moderators (10)
  • 11,417 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 October 2019 - 06:07 pm

I haven't ever driven a Auto Zed so can't really compare it against a manual.  I think the box is pretty good.  The manual feels like you are moving mechanical parts together.  Its very rewarding when you get it right. 

There are lots of different options if it is stock and you will get a lot of views and advice on that.  You may find the stock is just fine for you.  I had stock for about 4 years before I changed.  But I will be honest I don't regret it.  Other members have changed their exhaust the moment they drove it out of the dealership. 

• The Dreamer likes this

#11 Chilli Red

Chilli Red

Club Secretary

• Committee Member (10)
  • 23,012 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 October 2019 - 06:10 pm

I cant post pictures from my iPad or iPhone. Havent been able to since the upgrade. MYbe another issue? Dont know. Think they are sorting it though.

Sarah :)

07765 406665
Infiniti FX 30d  premium - loved it but now gone
QX70d S Design and owner and lovin' it - Alas, she has now gone too
Check out our - 2014 & 2015 Annual Club Newsletter Round-ups - Here
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube

#12 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Moderators (10)
  • 11,417 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 October 2019 - 06:14 pm

PS Is it just me? Or is there an issue with the forum when posting from an iPad? None of my apostrophes are appearing, which kind of makes my post difficult to read - and the only emojis I can add are by using the code for them..... just wondering....

I tend to use the TapTalk app on my phone - I know cazza uses it as well - you should find it in the apps store.

#13 The Dreamer

The Dreamer

Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 06:17 pm

I found the box, on the little test drive I did, quite acceptable - it’s not like my lads CRZ, but a lot slicker than my Saab ever was.

My only real concern is having not driven rear wheel drive for nearly 30 years, and I often work long stints through the night - just how tail happy she may be with all this power and me in a zombie-fied state. While I always try to take it easy on my way home, I have been known to plant my foot inappropriately every now and then - which in a FWD car doesn’t do a lot, but in this.....:/

...we shall see....
  • Chilli Red likes this

#14 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Moderators (10)
  • 11,417 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 October 2019 - 06:24 pm

I am on call 24/7 every third week and get called in at 2am every so often.  I appreciate down south the weather tends to be slightly milder.  But there is only once I have decided not to drive it in the winter,  the Traction Control I think looks after me more than I would ever know.  Don't be tempted to switch of the systems unless you are on a empty car park.  As I found at a CAT driver training day, then it is quick to bite.  But to be honest It is what you are.  Loud on the Pedal and things happen very quickly.  The power is very progressive.

• The Dreamer likes this

#15 The Dreamer

The Dreamer

Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 07:39 pm

Nice to know the systems work as advertised.

Yes, I looked at those CAT days - but boy are they expensive! I did look at trying to source some driver training up here, that my lad and I could do together, but Croft has been castrated in what it can offer, due to neighbours noise complaints and litigation! :(

I’m going to keep looking though.

#16 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Moderators (10)
  • 11,417 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 October 2019 - 07:49 pm

I have to say I learned things at CAT i use every day such a long time since we did it as a club we must think about doing it again

I remember Croft on a Sunday morning..  :lol:  with a TVR trying to pass noise testing....

• The Dreamer likes this

#17 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 35,081 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 October 2019 - 08:00 pm

Hi Phil and welcome to the Owners Club :)

It's a great time of year to buy a roadster (from a financial point of view) and those heated & cooled seats will serve you well all year round.

When Nissan UK stopped selling the 370Z soft top they sold less in one year than you could count on one hand - and that's if you are a cartoon character!

tumblr_pdw8s3pswc1r973yt_500.jpg

It's a great car, and a very rare car - roll on Tuesday! :bounce:

• The Dreamer likes this

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#18 The Dreamer

The Dreamer

Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 08:30 pm

I have to say I learned things at CAT i use every day such a long time since we did it as a club we must think about doing it again

I remember Croft on a Sunday morning..  :lol:  with a TVR trying to pass noise testing....

Now that's something I'd be interested in!  :thumbs:

#19 The Dreamer

The Dreamer

Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 08:33 pm

Hi Phil and welcome to the Owners Club :)

It's a great time of year to buy a roadster (from a financial point of view) and those heated & cooled seats will serve you well all year round.

When Nissan UK stopped selling the 370Z soft top they sold less in one year than you could count on one hand - and that's if you are a cartoon character!

tumblr_pdw8s3pswc1r973yt_500.jpg

It's a great car, and a very rare car - roll on Tuesday! :bounce:

Wow! I would never have thought that sales would be that low! When you consider just how many rag-tops of different marques are out there - to only sell a handful is a crying shame.

(While I have your attention - I did post over in the 370 section re ordering a reversing camera - are you still doing these?)  :)

#20 Dave G

Dave G

Zedlet

• Members (10)
  • 506 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 11:57 am

Welcome to the club and of course Zed ownership.  I had a 350 many years ago but recently came back to the fold with a 370.  My wife says it is my midlife crisis but to be honest the 350 got under my skin so much that as soon as I was able to get another Zed, I jumped at it (8 years after selling my 350!).  I'm sure you will find the same too.  Enjoy your new toy when you get it and go easy on the loud pedal until you've got used to it.

On the exhaust front, as Les has mentioned, many people change theirs to make it sound like it should (me included) so plenty of advice on here if you need to know anything.  Just ask! :)

Dave

• Cray Z and The Dreamer like this