#21 jack_t

jack_t

Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 09:14 am

Hi Phil,

Welcome to the club and welcome to the wonderful world of Zed ownership.

I (like many others) have changed the stock exhaust for the Invidia Gemini Cat Back system. You can find my write up/review of it linked below.

http://forums.nissan...-exhaust-review

I also want to add that this forum has been an excellent resource for me. It has not only helped in making shopping decisions (:lol:) it has also helped me understand my car better. The people here are extremely knowledgeable and helpful so you have definitely come to the right place.

Jack

#22 ChasGFL

ChasGFL

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 October 2019 - 10:02 am

Welcome Phil and congrats on your forthcoming purchase,

Great to be having another soft top 370 in the fold, although on the downside I won't feel quite a special now!

Exhausts?? Pah, just dead weight and space - get rid - although it does help if you're partially deaf from too many years of loud music, especially in a soft top! And yes nothing better than some country roads with the top down. I envy you northerners, at least another months worth of top down driving before you deem it too cold, the cold/hot seats are fantastic though and have certainly extended my top down 'season' - and you live around some great driving roads? I'm on my way...

• LESmo and The Dreamer like this

#23 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Moderators (10)
  • 11,310 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 October 2019 - 04:53 pm

Its best not to explain Chas's exhaust setup its best to hear it... Several miles away...   :lol:   I followed it around the entire lap of Silverstone  :wub:

• ChasGFL, Cray Z and The Dreamer like this

Current - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button. GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System. Custom Blank Button Delete Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

#24 The Dreamer

The Dreamer

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 07:56 am

Thanks guys.....

Getting quite excited now, only a couple more days before Im back home and can pick the car up....

Already thinking about a pair of short-tails, having seen the AAM offerings, I came across the Malian brand - theyre just about cheap enough to try out, and if I dont like them, get something else - without breaking the bank (about 6 months worth of road tax)!

Anyone have an opinion on them?

This chap seems to like them....

https://youtu.be/zEne22pibBU

Edit: Should have used the search function first! Ive just seen that it was Cray Z that posted that YT clip, and has good things to say about them on this forum!.... if I could attach a slaphead emoji from the iPad, I would! :rolleyes: :D

Edited by The Dreamer, 12 October 2019 - 08:01 am.

• Cray Z likes this

#25 Cray Z

Cray Z

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 09:29 am

Thanks guys.....

Getting quite excited now, only a couple more days before Im back home and can pick the car up....

Already thinking about a pair of short-tails, having seen the AAM offerings, I came across the Malian brand - theyre just about cheap enough to try out, and if I dont like them, get something else - without breaking the bank (about 6 months worth of road tax)!

Anyone have an opinion on them?

This chap seems to like them....

https://youtu.be/zEne22pibBU

Edit: Should have used the search function first! Ive just seen that it was Cray Z that posted that YT clip, and has good things to say about them on this forum!.... if I could attach a slaphead emoji from the iPad, I would! :rolleyes: :D

They are great pipes! Been a few months now and I have no issues.

They only thing was that I lost half an inch in diameter. I think for a Nismo you want 5 inch or more. But they really dont look all that much smaller, and sound awesome!

For the price they are much better than other brands out there in my opinion. The sound is just right and they are a doddle to fit :)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
  • The Dreamer likes this

#26 The Dreamer

The Dreamer

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 09:43 am

They are great pipes! Been a few months now and I have no issues.

They only thing was that I lost half an inch in diameter. I think for a Nismo you want 5 inch or more. But they really dont look all that much smaller, and sound awesome!

For the price they are much better than other brands out there in my opinion. The sound is just right and they are a doddle to fit :)

Thanks for that! Part of me wants to order them now, and have them waiting for me - but my sensible head is saying I should wait and see what’s already on the car. I’m pretty sure it’s stock, but best check first.

Cheers,

Phil
  • Cray Z likes this

#27 Cray Z

Cray Z

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 10:05 am

Thanks for that! Part of me wants to order them now, and have them waiting for me - but my sensible head is saying I should wait and see what’s already on the car. I’m pretty sure it’s stock, but best check first.

Cheers,

Phil

For the price you cant really go wrong, so I totally see where you are coming from. Make sure you order directly from Malians site. That's the best and cheapest.

I would get the car first, drive it a few weeks then get the short tails on. It will make you appreciate them that much more ;)

• LESmo, Paul_S, Dave G and 1 other like this

#28 The Dreamer

The Dreamer

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:10 pm

Back home now...... just one more sleep! :D

#29 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Moderators (10)
  • 11,310 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 minutes ago

Is today the day :kicking:

Current - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button. GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System. Custom Blank Button Delete Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,