Posted Image

Photo

350Z Clutch Replacement Woes (will not start)

Clutch

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 cbm

cbm

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 06:13 pm

Hi gang

Its been a while , hope everyone is well !

My 09 plate 350Z manual went into a local independent to fix the clutch (slave and master needed to be replaced) as part of this we decided to replace the clutch and flywheel (Nissan parts) as it was not a huge amount more to do this work once than go in again in a year when these components would have worn out.

The garage replaced the clutch and flywheel and now cannot get the car to start, there are no fault codes they tell me, I read on US forums that if the flywheel is not correctly aligned the car will not start, I cross checked to flywheel part number they got from the US and it seems correct. 1231OJK20C , as its an 09 it has the VQ35HR V6 engine. The garage say they have tried rotating the flywheel into different positions as there does not seem to be an alignment mark?

Does anyone know what the garage needs to do to correctly align the flywheel ?

I looked in the Service docs for 09 and there is not a lot of guidance ? The garage say they are getting a signal from the crankshaft sensor (picked up from the flywheel) so think the sensor is working.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Lester
Universal Silver 350 Z GT Roadster, 09 Plate, Rays, Rear Parking Sensors, HUGE Grin and extra noise !

#2 PaulW

PaulW

Committee Member

• Administrators (10)
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 07:05 pm

My guess is theyve knocked the crank sensor while doing the job, apparently its an easy thing to do and they are very fickle little buggars. I think if you disconnect it it should fire off the cam sensor. If that doesnt work the flywheel needs realigning, there is a hole on the crank and a hole in the flywheel, they are easy to spot as they are the only holes that dont have bolts in.
  • LESmo likes this

gallery_245_423_13930.png

#3 cbm

cbm

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 07:32 pm

Hi Paul

Thanks will pass it on, fingers crossed , they have had the car for two months ,
Universal Silver 350 Z GT Roadster, 09 Plate, Rays, Rear Parking Sensors, HUGE Grin and extra noise !

#4 cbm

cbm

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 01:03 pm

So it looks like the garage finally got the alignment correct - still does not start but now they have a fault code - C1130 Engine 1 Fuel cut system fault 

If this saying that there is a system fault and the fuel has been cut to prevent the car starting ? Or that there is a fault in the Fuel cut off system ? 

What I read is that C1130 means the ABS system and ECM may not be able to talk to each other so maybe while working they have disturbed something ? They did have to replace the Clutch Master Cylinder ?

#5 PaulW

PaulW

Committee Member

• Administrators (10)
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 05:43 pm

C1130 is not an engine ecu code, it is as you said a abs control unit code. Why are they checking the codes on the abs unit? This wont cut the fuel and wont stop the car from starting.
  • Paul_S likes this

gallery_245_423_13930.png

#6 cbm

cbm

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 06:04 pm

Paul, I get the feeling they are sadly totally out of their depth, after providing them with detailed photos of how to align the flywheel they say that is now done, the car still will not start. They did fix the clutch issue I had but somehow did something that has stopped the car starting.

Pretty soon I will have to request the car back and go elsewhere, does anyone know a good diagnostic garage who knows 350z’s in SW London they could recommend if I have to go down this route as a last resort?

#7 blobbish

blobbish

Club IT

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 31 October 2019 - 07:45 am

Abbey Motorsport is just outside the M25 in Oxted and know these cars inside out. I would be heading in that direction if it were me.

Paul, I get the feeling they are sadly totally out of their depth, after providing them with detailed photos of how to align the flywheel they say that is now done, the car still will not start. They did fix the clutch issue I had but somehow did something that has stopped the car starting.

Pretty soon I will have to request the car back and go elsewhere, does anyone know a good diagnostic garage who knows 350z’s in SW London they could recommend if I have to go down this route as a last resort?

Current - 2009 GTR Premium, Stage 2
Current - 2010 370z Black Edition, DeCat, Milltek Exhaust, EcuTek, Custom Horsham Developments SC air 2 air, Reversing Camera, 20mm Eibach Spacers, Braded SS Brake Lines. Plus many more mods. Currently running 551/400
Black Skoda Fabia, too many mods to mention 290BHP now with the son.

#8 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 11,753 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 31 October 2019 - 09:55 am

Another vote for Abbey. They might even be able to collect it for you.

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - Muttley
(its the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - Dumbo

Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R
MY11 with Recaros - The General
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - Dastardly

[Volkswagen Up! GTi, 5-door, White]

#9 cbm

cbm

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 08:08 am

Thanks , will get in touch next week if it’s not fixed today.
  • Paul_S likes this

#10 milanored

milanored

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 01:11 pm

IMHO i would have no confidence in what you will get back if they manage to get it started, i would remove your car from there and give it to someone who is capable of doing the job properly, easy to say but difficult to do but in the long run you might just be better of to walk away with paying as little as you can and get the car fixed properly.

• Paul_S likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Clutch