Posted Image

Photo

A New Year's Message from the incoming Chairman.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 Jeff-W

Jeff-W

Club Chairman

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,220 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 January 2020 - 06:45 pm

POPULAR

Firstly, may I wish all associated with nissansportz OC a Happy (and Healthy) New Year. My NY's resolution as the new Club Chair is to continue the good work of my predecessors, aiming to make the OC a rewarding place to be, and, in conjunction with the other Ctte members, to provide a healthy place for discussion of our shared passion in cars and a platform for getting together at various meets throughout the season.

Today sees the 2020 Committee formally take office - my personal thanks to Paul_S as outgoing Chair for his 2 years in charge, not forgetting the many years he gave unstinting service to the OC in the guise of IT guru, a largely-unseen and mainly thankless task which consumed a great deal of his time which, as with all Ctte members, he gave for free. A sincere thank-you, Mr S!

We welcome back on to Ctte; Chilli Red, who becomes the Club Secretary, Neutreus, who takes over Events from myself, and Greg Warnes, who has the unenviable task of filling LESmo's shoes as Editor of the OC Newsletter. Our stalwart Treasurer, Paul-W, remains in office; Blobbish takes over the IT role from Paul_S; and Chas GFL and Milanored stay on-board for this next year.

So much for who's doing what - the question for the Chair to answer is "What's going to happen this year?". Well, the most important aspect of an internet-based OC is communication - and the platform used most is this forum. In August last year we successfully moved to a new server; this year (hopefully by March) there will be an interface upgrade which we very much hope will go without too much drama. We will continue to promote ourselves on other social media, where we are slowly establishing a presence.

I am pleased to say that we will be able to offer some new Events this year - some established favourites remain, such as Leeds Castle and the Mod Days, but we have also organised a members' day at CAT Driver Trg in April (the thread is here) and the chance for members to display their cars at the RAF Brize Norton Families' Day in September. We hope there is something for all tastes - the 2020 Events Diary (still a work-in-progress at this time) can be viewed here. May I thank those who have already stepped forward as Event Organisers.

The Ctte of nissansportz will always be "Doors-Open" to members, guests and users alike - please do not hesitate to send a PM to us if anything is bothering you that you think needs our attention - if you don't know who to send it to, Chilli Red and myself should be your first ports-of-call.

Wishing you all a safe and prosperous 2020, and very much looking forward to seeing you at Events throughout the year

Jeff-W

Club Chair

• LESmo, Paul_S, Chilli Red and 8 others like this
Fred I - 350Z 2007 Gunmetal. 6 CD changer, full leather, reverse sensors. SOLD.
Fred II - 370Z GT 2011 Gunmetal. Premium connect. GT spec. Seriously un-modified. See-through windows, and a wheel at each corner. Sold 13 July 14. Gone.
Fred III - 2014 facelift 370GT. Magma red. Reversing sensors. Invidia Gemini CBE. Sold 2 April 2016.
Fred IV - 2016 Daytona Blue 370Z GT. Reversing sensors. K & N panel filters. Invidia Gemini CBE. Full front wrap - Ventureshield II.