4 replies to this topic

#1 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 11,422 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 January 2020 - 02:24 pm

I was given one of these for Christmas and understand it's role in securing my half a dozen sets of car keys. Details are at: https://www.amazon.c...y/dp/B07W48SWLK

What I don't understand is why one might want to use it for my smartphone, wallet or credit cards. I've never thought of these as being vulnerable to interference....

Thoughts please?

• Gasitup likes this

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - Muttley
(its the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - Dumbo

Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R
MY11 with Recaros - The General
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - Dastardly

[Volkswagen Up! GTi, 5-door, White]

#2 milanored

milanored

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 02:28 pm

Place your phone in it to stop getting calls etc whilst driving

Cards stop them being cloned or stealing the information from them i have a card wallet RF I think to stop this

Just couple of things i heard about, and of course for the female a good place to stash your false lashes and lippy  :rolleyes:

• Gasitup likes this

#3 Neutreus

Neutreus

Events Organiser

• Committee Member (10)
  • 2,813 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 January 2020 - 08:13 am

It's to do with the RFID emittance (Radio Frequency ID). Essentially, early contactless cards could be read with a scanning device but modern cards have now developed better tech that means they can't be. But if you have early contactless cards in your wallet/purse, best to be safe although depending on what reports you read, some say that this was blown our of all proportion - good for marketing RFID protecting stuff that of course.

Definitely worth having for your car keys at the least though!

• Gasitup likes this
2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

#4 vjordon

vjordon

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 01:26 pm

I have one of the key pouches, also a purse for my cards .... definately works for the keys as I too could not work out why the car would not unlock when pushing the handle button …. Doh !!

Vicky x 

• Neutreus and Gasitup like this

#5 blobbish

blobbish

Club IT

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,037 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 January 2020 - 08:27 pm

I have all of my keys in a metal biscuit tin works just as well. Plus the key is usless for tehe GTR unless you know the code.

Current - 2009 GTR Premium, Stage 2
Current - 2010 370z Black Edition, DeCat, Milltek Exhaust, EcuTek, Custom Horsham Developments SC air 2 air, Reversing Camera, 20mm Eibach Spacers, Braded SS Brake Lines. Plus many more mods. Currently running 551/400
Black Skoda Fabia, too many mods to mention 290BHP now with the son.