5 replies to this topic

#1 Cloudy

Cloudy

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 01:41 pm

Hi All - in the process of getting my rear wheel refurbed after catching it on a curb (bad day) but the company Im using has discovered that the TMPS sensor and valve is damaged and needs replacing (gggrrr).

Ive looked online (Tpmscentre.co.uk) and I can get a TPMS sensor and valve from them for £40. However there are two options, one is 370zs between October 2008 and June 2014. The second is for 370zs between June 2014 and March 2016.

My V1 was registered in September 2014, so Im assuming I should go for the latter... any thoughts?

Obviously my other choice is to phone my dealer... does anyone know the part number?

Any help is appreciated, as always.

#2 Neutreus

Neutreus

Events Organiser

• Committee Member (10)
  • 2,854 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 February 2020 - 07:43 pm

I don't know the difference between the two Cloudy but your logic seems sound.

I've had a look on Amayama (our usual go to site for this sort of query) but can't find any TPMS info. I have come across this site here which seems to list the part - the top one - but worth double checking I would suggest.

2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

#3 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Moderators (10)
  • 11,471 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 February 2020 - 04:11 am

The Nismo V1 is considered to be a 2013 car.  The 2014 Car is the V2.  There were no changes to the V1 in 2013-14 and the odd car which was sold in 2015.  I am not sure why there is such a age division.  Unless they changes the TPMS technology in some way.  I have looked at the site and both are listed as 433Mhz.

I would probably phone them as if they ship the wrong product they might agree to swap it.  But technically its a 2013 car. Strange though they don't list anything for recent cars making me think the database they have needs to be updated.

This company seems to list them as two variants as well (but doesn't separate between Coupe and Roadster)

https://tpmswarehous...ssan-370z-tpms/

Does the place you are using have the kit to do the reprogramming of the TPMS? 

Current - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button. GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System. Custom Blank Button Delete Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

#4 Cloudy

Cloudy

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 09:42 am

Neutreus/Lesmo - thanks for your help.

Ive just ordered a new sensor from Nissan at £82 (seems a bit steep), although theyre not sure whether it comes with the valve.

I think Ill also give TPMS warehouse a call and see what they say and if need be order one through them as well. I will report back on what happens.

Regarding reprogramming TPMS, the little company Im using dont have the kit to do it. Ive searched online and discovered how to do it using a paper clip, although half tempted to get my own OBD reader.
  • LESmo and Neutreus like this

#5 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Moderators (10)
  • 11,471 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 February 2020 - 05:02 pm

I have watched the video online this morning.  I think it was a Altima - but I wasn't sure about it.  I am not sure that re-learns the actual address of the sensor or not.  (To be honest I was being lazy and trying to find out without watching it).

I started to watch the various video's most seem to imply its done from the ODBII Port as you say.

Current - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button. GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System. Custom Blank Button Delete Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

#6 blobbish

blobbish

Club IT

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 February 2020 - 06:29 am

Most tyre fitters can install a cloned TPMS sensor for around £60.

I had 2 put on the gtr last year from a leaking corroded collar.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Current - 2009 GTR Premium, Stage 2
Current - 2010 370z Black Edition, DeCat, Milltek Exhaust, EcuTek, Custom Horsham Developments SC air 2 air, Reversing Camera, 20mm Eibach Spacers, Braded SS Brake Lines. Plus many more mods. Currently running 551/400
Black Skoda Fabia, too many mods to mention 290BHP now with the son.