Jeff-W

Club Chairman

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,289 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 14 March 2020 - 08:15 pm

To all nissansportz members and followers,

We are all only too aware of the current Coronavirus endemic/pandemic in UK and worldwide. From the perspective of a club which thrives on events and displays, we must be realistic as to how this might affect us.

As we approach the beginning of our season, and considering the speed at which national developments are taking place with respect to COVID 19, I think it reasonable to say that we should remain exceptionally open minded about what may happen and what will not. If the mathematical models hold true wrt the virus then we are, as WSC said "Not at the beginning of the end, but possibly at the end of the beginning". But in this case it is almost certainly going to get significantly worse before it gets any better.

For ourselves, that is to say Club endorsed events and meetings, we must be prepared to take the news as things get cancelled, and possibly pick up whichever pieces we can. Our own/your own personal safety is always the priority, and must remain so throughout the year. As always, for third-party events, it's your call.

There may well be financial losses at a personal level for tickets booked when events get cancelled; this, I'm afraid, is unavoidable as pandemics are not predictable.

I have asked Neutreus, as Club Events, to keep us up to date as the events situation unfolds; our Event Organisers will no doubt let us know as event teams country-wide make their calls.

As you can appreciate, things are developing so rapidly wrt to public gatherings, and indeed your own appetite for going to them, that we must be prepared to take things as they unfold.

Please stay safe.

Jeff-W

Chair

• dj370zNismo, Chilli Red, Dave G and 3 others like this
Fred I - 350Z 2007 Gunmetal. 6 CD changer, full leather, reverse sensors. SOLD.
Fred II - 370Z GT 2011 Gunmetal. Premium connect. GT spec. Seriously un-modified. See-through windows, and a wheel at each corner. Sold 13 July 14. Gone.
Fred III - 2014 facelift 370GT. Magma red. Reversing sensors. Invidia Gemini CBE. Sold 2 April 2016.
Fred IV - 2016 Daytona Blue 370Z GT. Reversing sensors. K & N panel filters. Invidia Gemini CBE. Full front wrap - Ventureshield II.