29 replies to this topic

#21 vjordon

vjordon

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 02:02 pm

Hello napp .... and a welcome from me too.

Some nice machinery there, you have had some very nice looking cars.

That's 2 members in the area, and Paul knowing the area too ….sounds like a run to outing when this virus is sorted as I too have relatives not too far away in Cheltenham (near to the air balloon pub) .

Have fun and stay safe.

Vicky x

#22 napp

napp

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 07:51 pm

Thanks Vicky.

it would be good to have a run out when things get sorted. Nice view from up by the air balloon , dont know what the food is like there as never stoped there.

#23 vjordon

vjordon

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:59 pm

Hi ..

Yes the view is stunning, the food at the air balloon used to be very good indeed .... but to be honest i have not been there for ages.

Let us all hope this global situation is sorted soon so we can all get out again.

Take care

Vicky x 

#24 Dave G

Dave G

Zedlet

• Members (10)
  • 551 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 11:52 am

Welcome and lovely history of cars :)

Let's hope we can all get out again soon and enjoy the warm weather...

#25 Paul_S

Paul_S

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 35,172 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 March 2020 - 01:35 pm

I've driven past the Air Balloon so many times but never actually stopped.  It does look like a good place for a meet, when they're back on.

• vjordon likes this

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#26 vjordon

vjordon

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 01:54 pm

I've driven past the Air Balloon so many times but never actually stopped.  It does look like a good place for a meet, when they're back on.

Sounds like a plan Paul ...

I am supposed to meeting up with a friend near to Oxford, not sure when yet …. but I could make a weekend of it ;) 

If you do go that way be careful of the M40 corridor as the last time I went the police were out in blue scoobies !!! and i think they have them on the M5.

Vicky x

• Paul_S likes this

#27 napp

napp

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 08:38 pm

lets just hope things move along quick and get sorted out , TBH I think this is not going to blow over that quick. insurance runs out on the Z next month and I don't think it will be much less even though none of us will be able to clock up many miles ,

#28 Neutreus

Neutreus

Events Organiser

• Committee Member (10)
  • 2,908 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 27 March 2020 - 06:36 pm

That's 2 members in the area, and Paul knowing the area too ….sounds like a run to outing when this virus is sorted as I too have relatives not too far away in Cheltenham (near to the air balloon pub) .

Yep, I've been in the AIr Balloon several times. Food's always been OK. Sadly it is due to be demolished to make way for the improvements on the A417. To be fair, they are needed way more than the pub as traffic up there in the morning and afternoon is horrendous.

2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

#29 napp

napp

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 07:57 pm

True i used to work in Redding a good few years back and getting back to Hereford was a real pain , as was allways long tail backs there.

#30 vjordon

vjordon

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 02:41 pm

Yep, I've been in the AIr Balloon several times. Food's always been OK. Sadly it is due to be demolished to make way for the improvements on the A417. To be fair, they are needed way more than the pub as traffic up there in the morning and afternoon is horrendous.

Yes a very busy road indeed, it always has been .... so i suppose it will be a god send.

Anyway i will be that was at some point as i have a cousin who lives at the bottom of the hill in Charlton Kings near to the Clock and one has a farm at Driffield.

See you soon.

Vicky x