#1 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Moderators (10)
  • 11,527 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 March 2020 - 10:14 am

dvsa-banner.png?1424435622
New rules on MOT testing for light vehicles Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency sent this bulletin at 25-03-2020 09:30 AM GMT
dvsa-logo-digital_crop.png

mot-resized-man-under-car-in-mot-bay_ori

New rules on MOT testing for light vehicles

Due to the unfolding COVID-19 situation, cars and vans and motorcycles due their MOT from 30 March 2020 will have their MOT extended by 6 months.

This will continue until confirmed otherwise.

This will allow vehicle owners to continue to be able to get to work where this absolutely cannot be done from home or do essential shopping.

Vehicles must be kept in a roadworthy condition and drivers can be prosecuted if they drive an unsafe vehicle.

We have published guidance for garages.

We've also published 2 guides for the public:

Guidance for MOT garages

The government has extended the requirement for certain businesses to close, but garages are allowed to stay open.

This is to make sure that essential vehicle maintenance and repair to keep vehicles, goods and key workers moving and safe can continue.

Current - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button. GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System. Custom Blank Button Delete Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Current - 2020 (20) Juke Tekna Plus, Gun Metal Grey/Red Contrast, DCT Gearbox, Clever Little Commuter Car

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

#2 napp

napp

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:02 pm

nice but MOT stations i dont think are very happy with it ?

this was the only work coming in as people were cancelling the service on there cars ? a few garages i know have sent staff home and just left one chap to do the MOT ? its getting bad in the motor trade this week, quite a few have shut the doors and a few more by the end of the week.

But if it helps its a good thing.

#3 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Moderators (10)
  • 11,527 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 March 2020 - 04:45 am

Completely mate, I was in the dealer on Tuesday and apart from hand overs they are just handling Key worker cars - no parts, sales (although they are switching to Telephone and they plan to do drop offs of demo cars for people).

Someone I worked with had to dash an hour to get their Motorbike back from a dealer who was going out of business that afternoon and wanted their bike not to end up in the mess.

The landscape is going to look very different at the end of all this.

Current - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button. GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System. Custom Blank Button Delete Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Current - 2020 (20) Juke Tekna Plus, Gun Metal Grey/Red Contrast, DCT Gearbox, Clever Little Commuter Car

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

#4 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 11,532 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 March 2020 - 11:18 am

And there's always the opportunists out there... a friend of mine said his dealership was clearing their forecourt and putting all stock inside (luckily they have space). They are located aomongst a number of car dealers and other traders on a main road with a service road for access. He also said there seemed to be an endless stream of "pikies" (his words!) in pickup trucks, etc "patrolling" up and down the service road...

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - Muttley
(its the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - Dumbo

Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R
MY11 with Recaros - The General
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - Dastardly

[Volkswagen Up! GTi, 5-door, White]

#5 napp

napp

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 08:49 pm

that's the cats gone then ?

I work in car parts and it is very bad out there, show rooms closed , and garages are sending parts back as customers are cancelling there car being serviced. Not so bad if you work from home or have your own unit , but if you rent you have no chance and I can see a good few going under. lets give it 3 weeks and see but I am not very hopeful . :(