#1 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Moderators (10)
  • 11,744 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 October 2020 - 02:20 pm

https://www.bristolp...cSRn7QJCdi-kEOo

Think that's possibly had its last ride.

Current - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button. GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System. Custom Blank Button Delete Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Current - 2020 (20) Juke Tekna Plus, Gun Metal Grey/Red Contrast, DCT Gearbox, Clever Little Commuter Car

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

#2 Paul_S

Paul_S

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 35,581 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 October 2020 - 05:00 pm

It's always sad to see a broken Z.  I don't see that one being repaired :(

It looks like the driver learnt the hard way that wide tyres (and RWD) aren't a good combination when there's a lot of standing water.  Tread depth has a lot to play too - just because the tyres are legal doesn't mean they're going to be any good at displacing a lot of water in a short time when they're getting worn down.

I think it's a timely reminder that in very wet weather you should probably one of the slowest cars on the road and not one of the fastest.

• Neutreus likes this

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#3 headphones

headphones

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 07:24 pm

Considering how hard it is to simply run and stop on wet roads and pavements without slipping, it's amazing how tyres keep us on the roads safely at speeds of 70mph.
Hopefully the owner gets back on the road with another nice Nissan.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk
<a class="bbc_url" href="https://flic.kr/p/2g...r/p/2gUrNPT</a>