#1 Zazur

Zazur

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 October 2020 - 08:10 am

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if the UK headlights on the Z have a flat level beam with no kick up when put on the mot light tester or is it the same as the USA headlight and has a flat level beam with no kick up?

Thanks

#2 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 11,917 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 October 2020 - 10:38 am

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if the UK headlights on the Z have a flat level beam with no kick up when put on the mot light tester or is it the same as the USA headlight and has a flat level beam with no kick up?

Thanks

Hi and welcome to nissansportz. Your question is a bit confusing as both choices appear the same, "flat level beam with no kick up" !

I'm fairly certain we have a flat beam with a left-hand kick up... and just in case are you asking 350 or 370?

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - Muttley
(its the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - Dumbo

Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R
MY11 with Recaros - The General
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - Dastardly

[Volkswagen Up! GTi, 5-door, White]

#3 Zazur

Zazur

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 October 2020 - 04:11 pm

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

350Z

US headlights have no kick up at all just a flat beam but wasn't sure if all 350 Z lights had a kick up or maybe the HID lights had a flat non kick up beam.

Reason for asking is I am trying to put my US Spec LHD Z on Spainish plates and am having trouble with 1 of my lights which is doing something strange with the light pattern and no one can explain why, so the conclusion is something has gone wrong inside the light causing the beam to be faulty.

So I was wandering if I could use some UK spec lights instead of trying to get some send from USA

Thanks

#4 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 11,917 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 October 2020 - 04:48 pm

UK spec headlights would have any kick up on the wrong side for Spain (and other EU countries). You'd need a LHD headlight as we in the UK are one of the few countries still driving on the correct side of the road (hope you have a sense of humour!!).
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress

#5 Zazur

Zazur

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 October 2020 - 07:03 am

Hi JohnFK,

I am only being forced to drive on the wrong side of the road  :D due to Brexit

Thanks for that, I wasn't sure if all Z lights had a kick as you would be surprised how many head lights from the UK are being specifically advertised on sites abroad.

I first joined your forum in 2009 but was not able to log in this time so had to re register.

Thanks again

#6 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 11,917 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 October 2020 - 08:39 am

I still can definitely say whether they have a kick or not. I've used my 350 numerous times on drives to Germany and never recall getting flashed while on dip so maybe they dont. Anyone?

#7 Zazur

Zazur

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 October 2020 - 05:22 pm

Found this on a site today

Some vehicles might not need adjusting at all. Some OEM (Factory Fitted) Xenon headlights are completely flat and will not cause any hazard to oncoming traffic no matter what country you are in. You would have to check your vehicle hand book to confirm this or contact your dealership directly.

#8 Paul_S

Paul_S

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 35,581 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 October 2020 - 06:00 am

Hi and welcome :)

If someone with a 350Z should be able to park close to a wall at night with their lights on and be able to tell you.  I know the US and UK headlights are different so I assume it will be an issue using UK lights on LHD roads but don't know for sure.

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#9 Zazur

Zazur

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 October 2020 - 10:34 am

I guess no one can. 

#10 350doc

350doc

The Snowman

• Moderators (10)
  • 2,794 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 06:13 pm

I guess no one can. 

I had previously secured some bi-xenon lights; they turned out to be LHD and they failed MOT (so I had to return them); they couldn't be adjusted to pass. I understand that some aftermarket LHD 350Z lights have a flat beam and can be adjusted to pass MOT.

• Paul_S likes this
RAYS, parking sensors, Tonneau Cover (StuartB), security glass, Alpine DVD satnav, Alpine digital television, DBA discs and Ferrodo pads, spare RAYS for winter, Michelin Pilot Sports for summer, Vredstein Wintrac Extremes for winter, Spill's Grounding Kit, LED rear brake lights, Carbon Fibre switch panel covers (Richard Chen), JL Audio 2 channel amp, Infinity Kappa 6.1 Perfect Speakers, Alpine reverse camera, Sony Ericsson Bluetooth phonekit with audio integration, CAT Driver Training, Nismo Exhaust. KW Variant 3.

#11 Zazur

Zazur

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 07:11 am

Hi 350doc,

Thanks for that.

I believe in America the lights have a completely flat beam so I am going to try and get some from the US as these would be OK for the ITV (mot) test in Spain.