6 replies to this topic

#1 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Moderators (10)
  • 11,747 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 October 2020 - 11:34 am

Anyone with Admiral if you have the app and let them track journeys you can get additional discounts based on driving style, they say it is only used if you reduce the premium and not as a black box. I managed to get silver over 1000 assesses miles which is an extra 2 to 6 % off renewal next year.

3da0f6827b9264c0189e883fc18a4efe.jpg
It resets at renewal and you can do it again for the following year. A good 95% was in the Juke - I suspect its a lot harder in a Zed or GTR  :lol: 

Current - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button. GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System. Custom Blank Button Delete Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Current - 2020 (20) Juke Tekna Plus, Gun Metal Grey/Red Contrast, DCT Gearbox, Clever Little Commuter Car

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

#2 Neutreus

Neutreus

Events Organiser

• Committee Member (10)
  • 3,048 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 October 2020 - 05:32 pm

Yeahhhhhhh. Don't think I'll be adding that for the GTR  :lol:

• LESmo, Paul_S and Chilli Red like this
2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads, Flat bottomed steering wheel
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

#3 milanored

milanored

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 06:11 pm

they say it is only used if you reduce the premium and not as a black box.

Ehm LESmo I am not so sure that if they saw you as a increased risk that they would just ignore it or maybe I just don't trust insurance companies

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
  • LESmo likes this

#4 Neutreus

Neutreus

Events Organiser

• Committee Member (10)
  • 3,048 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 October 2020 - 06:25 pm

I'd like to know how the 'score' is calculated. eg. x points for driving at or under the speed limit. What else is likely to be included?

• LESmo likes this
2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads, Flat bottomed steering wheel
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

#5 milanored

milanored

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 06:28 pm

I wonder if your insurance premium increases by 10% but being as you are such a careful driver we will give you a 2% discount. Any new customer 15% straight discount

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
  • LESmo, Chilli Red and Neutreus like this

#6 Chilli Red

Chilli Red

Club Secretary

• Administrators (10)
  • 23,400 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 October 2020 - 05:48 am

I sadly think you may be right but its a good way to try and get people to drive carefully.

My son has the black box sometimes (3 out of the 4 years hes been driving) and I have to say it does make him think, plus its nice for me to know, he knows, he being watch :lol:
  • LESmo and Neutreus like this

07765 406665
Infiniti FX 30d  premium - loved it but now gone
QX70d S Design and owner and lovin' it - Alas, she has now gone too

350Z Chilli Red 2006, with full Do-Luck Kit and still looks as good as new!
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube

#7 Paul_S

Paul_S

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 35,585 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 October 2020 - 06:33 pm

I'm not sure I like the idea of that.  I don't think I'll be loading it.

One thing that interests me - how do they know you're driving and not just a passenger in someone else's car?

Also, if your phone falls off it's mount and lands in the footwell do they think you've crashed?! :lol:

• Neutreus likes this

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY