72 replies to this topic

#41 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Members (10)
  • 15,386 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 January 2008 - 06:27 PM

Haha, cheers for that. Is it also right that the redline increased to 7,500 ?

;) ;) ;) Snap - I'd just remembered that one and have already added it to the list!!

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

How to post pics on this forum CLICK HERE

Prospective buyer's/new owners' guide to second-hand 350Zs (includes MY06 & MY07 improvements) - CLICK HERE

All assistance I attempt to give comes with the Murray Walker health warning, "Unless I'm very much mistaken ...I AM very much mistaken!"

'53 plate Gunmetal Grey 350z >>> '56 plate Ebisu Black 350z >>> '10 plate Universal Silver 370z >>> '14 plate Mineral Grey BMW M235i >>> '65 plate Gunmetal 370z

Tokyo Motor Show, October 2017???

#42 tris88

tris88

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 06:40 PM

Ahh touché. Nicely done, cheers!

Edited by tris88, 21 January 2008 - 06:41 PM.

#43 MrUnderground

MrUnderground

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 06:26 PM

I have found another difference on the '06 over the '04. The rubber seal around the boot is hard rubber rather than spongy!

How anal am I!!! :bleh:

#44 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Members (10)
  • 15,386 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 March 2008 - 06:49 PM

I have found another difference on the '06 over the '04. The rubber seal around the boot is hard rubber rather than spongy!

How anal am I!!! :bleh:

Cheers! I'll add it!

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

Prospective buyer's/new owners' guide to second-hand 350Zs (includes MY06 & MY07 improvements) - CLICK HERE

All assistance I attempt to give comes with the Murray Walker health warning, "Unless I'm very much mistaken ...I AM very much mistaken!"

'53 plate Gunmetal Grey 350z >>> '56 plate Ebisu Black 350z >>> '10 plate Universal Silver 370z >>> '14 plate Mineral Grey BMW M235i >>> '65 plate Gunmetal 370z

#45 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Members (10)
  • 15,386 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 March 2008 - 06:59 PM

Just added a new issue to the 'PERSONAL ISSUES' section...

8. Zedrage - That feeling you get when you return home from having had your car repaired/serviced by the Main Dealer, you inspect it and you find that the Brembo calipers have been chipped, it's got a new dent/scratch in the bodywork, there are dirty greasy marks inside, the alloys are marked, it's got an extra 35 miles on the clock ...and the problem it went in for is still there :bleh:

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

#46 Damo

Damo

Zedling

• User
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 09:52 PM

Just added a new issue to the 'PERSONAL ISSUES' section...

8. Zedrage - That feeling you get when you return home from having had your car repaired/serviced by the Main Dealer, you inspect it and you find that the Brembo calipers have been chipped, it's got a new dent/scratch in the bodywork, there are dirty greasy marks inside, the alloys are marked, it's got an extra 35 miles on the clock ...and the problem it went in for is still there :bleh:

That's not good. :) Name and shame please :)
Thinking about "modding" your car? Don't forget the driver! - CAT Driver Training - click for Members discounts

Need to know how to do a job on your Zed? Check out the "How to's" section - click here

The definitive Tyre Choice Poll click here to vote and see the results

Posted Image

Send me your "How to's" - howto@nissansportz.com

#47 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Members (10)
  • 15,386 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 March 2008 - 12:58 PM

That's not good. :bleh: Name and shame please :)

Nobody in particular Damo - it's just my take on the numerous complaints posted here over the past few years!

Thankfully none of the above have happened to me yet.

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

#48 NismoGiZmo

NismoGiZmo

Zedlet

• User (10)
  • 469 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 05:26 PM

Another one - defective return valve on the rear window washer. Symptom is a few trickles of water from it for a few minutes after washing front or rear window. Sad to report that this is still an issue on '08 cars. ;)
Black Rose GT Edition 370Z (replaced Night Blue 350Z Nismo coupé (replaced Azure 350Z Roadster (replaced order #402, Sunset coupé)))
Member number 068.
SimRacing.org.uk Director General

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

#49 danskis

danskis

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 08:22 PM

Hey guys. Did any one else get a letter from Nissan recently asking them to bring back in their new/fairly new Z's for some clutch and alarm work? Something to do with the concentric slave cylinder leaking so the clutch wouldn't disengage...? That and the software for the alarm containing errors so there were many false alarms. Nissan did offer to fix these free of charge, I was just wondering if anyone else had heard of or posted about these?

Took mine in and had it done and got the interior back full of scratches and dents - so not happy about this (but they are promising to fix it for me but what a freakin inconvenience).

But I totally understand about the zedicide and the zedrage - they gave me an x-trail with soooo much body roll.

#50 Paul_S

Paul_S

Committee Member and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 31,361 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 May 2008 - 08:32 PM

Hi there :ninja:

Have a look at this thread for info on the recall.

Why not introduce yourself in the 'New Around Here?' section and post up some pics too?!

Paul

Edited by Paul_S, 22 May 2008 - 08:33 PM.

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

Posted Image

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

#51 Zedfanatic

Zedfanatic

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:09 PM

Great thread, I've suffered from a number of these ailments including tyre wear, Bose left speaker going, boot struts tempermental.....

However I have a new and frustrating problem the engine light keeps coming on and sensor errors in cam shaft and some other one I can't remember. Anyway I've had them all changed and it still seems to want to come on....I'm running an APS twin turbo set up so I'd be interested if other FI users have had similar problems

Thanks
ZedF

#52 steve3000

steve3000

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:47 PM

Surprised to see the tapping fuel damper isn't on the list of problems, makes the car sound like a diesel at idle and seems to happen randomly on low and high mileage Zs.

Known fault with the engine 03-05 (don't know about later?) and Nissan fix without question under warranty.

Just started happening on my 2003 Z, no warranty, so guess I'll be paying up. Grrr...
Steve

#53 jackhavana

jackhavana

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 08:59 AM

Re; the subject of an MOT possibly naffing up the Limited Slip Rear Diff, can anyone give me their thoughts on the following experience:

I put my 350Z in for its (second) MOT last week, and it needed two new rear tyres. They were replaced with the same tyres as were already on it.

On the way home from the garage, on a 45 degree right hander bend in the road that I previously took in fourth at 50 mph, the ESP kicked in. This has continued to be the case whenever I attempt to take even the mildest kink in the road at anything over 50 mph. I thought there might be something wrong with the tyres, and spoke to the Goodyear technical department. He suggested I try driving with the ESP switched off. This I have done - with a certain amount of trepidation - and there has been no problem. Hence, it appears not to be a problem with the tyres. Could the MOT have cocked up my ESP, making it kick in when it's not necessary?

Thanks,
Jack.

An excellent thread Geoff :bounce:

I thought it might be worth mentioning about the "don't let the MOT tester put your Zed on the brake rollers, as it will naff up your Limited Slip Rear Diff" as some of us are nearing the dreaded 1st MOT :#1:

you can delete this if it's not applicable here :)

#54 davros

davros

Zedlet

• User (10)
  • 989 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 09:29 AM

Re; the subject of an MOT possibly naffing up the Limited Slip Rear Diff, can anyone give me their thoughts on the following experience:

I put my 350Z in for its (second) MOT last week, and it needed two new rear tyres. They were replaced with the same tyres as were already on it.

On the way home from the garage, on a 45 degree right hander bend in the road that I previously took in fourth at 50 mph, the ESP kicked in. This has continued to be the case whenever I attempt to take even the mildest kink in the road at anything over 50 mph. I thought there might be something wrong with the tyres, and spoke to the Goodyear technical department. He suggested I try driving with the ESP switched off. This I have done - with a certain amount of trepidation - and there has been no problem. Hence, it appears not to be a problem with the tyres. Could the MOT have cocked up my ESP, making it kick in when it's not necessary?

Thanks,
Jack.

The tyres probably just need scrubbing in - they'll have less grip when they're brand new so you probably need to put some miles on them.

#55 fiercedonkey

fiercedonkey

Zedlet

• User (10)
  • 395 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 10:05 AM

Absolutely - new tyres always give less traction initially.
Also the Z runs a fair amount of camber and I would have thought that a new tyre will have a smaller contact patch that a worn one, which will sit flatter on the tarmac due to the slightly increased wear that it will have on the inside shoulder - maybe :bounce:
Posted Image

#56 Crisis

Crisis

Founding OC Chairman

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,306 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 08:39 PM

Agreed - all new tyres have a release agent from manufacture - the first few miles of useage should be taken easy to scrub the tyres of this before getting full grip.

NEW TYRES ARE COATED WITH A MOULD RELEASE AGENT TYRE MANUFACTURE RECOMMEND A BREAK IN PERIOD OF 100 TO 150 MILES BEFORE USING AT MAXIMUM SPEED OR POWER
Giles

Posted Image

#57 jackhavana

jackhavana

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 01:38 PM

Appreciate the replies above but, whilst admittedly I understand the mechanics of cars as much as I am familiar with 18th century philately, is it really a tyre issue if I am encountering no problems with the ESP switched off?

Agreed - all new tyres have a release agent from manufacture - the first few miles of useage should be taken easy to scrub the tyres of this before getting full grip.

NEW TYRES ARE COATED WITH A MOULD RELEASE AGENT TYRE MANUFACTURE RECOMMEND A BREAK IN PERIOD OF 100 TO 150 MILES BEFORE USING AT MAXIMUM SPEED OR POWER

#58 Steve7

Steve7

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 03:55 PM

Good info there thanks.

#59 matto2k

matto2k

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 11:48 AM

Is the hand break problem a warrenty issue? as mines just gone after only buying the car 2 months ago!!

#60 Mark I

Mark I

Zedlet

• User (10)
  • 961 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 03:58 PM

Is the hand break problem a warrenty issue? as mines just gone after only buying the car 2 months ago!!

Should be a normal sevice item to adjust - if yours is only 2 months old & not holding I'd get the dealer to adjust it FOC.
04 GT Gun Metal with Baby Poo Seats & Rays. Plus a few other bits and bobs.