72 replies to this topic

#61 Smoky

Smoky

Zedling

• User
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,510 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:00 PM

all done FOC. and sorted a test drive out in the GT-R for march time. hurray!

am feeling Zedrelief now as the dealer (Marshall Cambridge) done a good job and kept the car clean and scratch free :clap:

Dave and the Marshall guys do good :nono: Have fun in the GT-R :hunter:
Posted Image

#62 samsniss350z

samsniss350z

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:50 PM

Really good entry chubbs, i;ve found a few of the hiccups you;ve mentioned ans am hoping my warranty will cover these. Thanks again, work well done :rtfm:

#63 JohnFK

JohnFK

nissansportz Chairman

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,110 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:43 PM

I seem to be suffering (or my 350Z is) from corrosion of the aluminium bonnet with bubbles under the paintwork. No idea whether this is a respray fix or something that may require a replacement bonnet....

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - Muttley
(its the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - Dumbo

Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R
MY11 with Recaros - The General
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - Dastardly

#64 Greg Warnes

Greg Warnes

Committee Member

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:56 PM

I seem to be suffering (or my 350Z is) from corrosion of the aluminium bonnet with bubbles under the paintwork. No idea whether this is a respray fix or something that may require a replacement bonnet....

I would opt for a new bonnet, if the garage 'repair' it the corrosion will come back

If you cant explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.

#65 Lob4star

Lob4star

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 03:58 PM

Hi everyone,
My name is Luke and although technically shouldn't be here I'm currently looking to make the move over from my rx8 to a 350z sometime in the next month or two.
Just wanted to introduce myself say hi and ask if there is anything that I need to keep an eye out for when buying a 350z, have been looking at the newer 313bhp 2007+ versions.
I haven't had a full search of the forums yet so I'm sure most of what I'm thinking/wanted to know has been asked and answered before.
  • Paul_S and Chilli Red like this

#66 Chilli Red

Chilli Red

Committee Secretary

• Committee Member (10)
  • 22,614 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 January 2016 - 04:13 PM

Hi Like and welcome. Someone will be around with advice soon.

Sarah :)

07765 406665
Infiniti FX 30d  premium - loved it but now gone
QX70d S Design and owner and lovin' it

Check out our - 2014 & 2015 Annual Club Newsletter Round-ups - Here
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube

#67 JohnFK

JohnFK

nissansportz Chairman

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,110 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 January 2016 - 04:13 PM

Hi. :welcometonissansportz:

You don't have to own a Z to come along and browse the forum, so fire away and we'll do our best to answer. Never having bought a used one I cant think of anything off the top of my head, so specific questions would help us answer.....

Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress

#68 Paul_S

Paul_S

Committee Member and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 31,361 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 January 2016 - 04:38 PM

Hi Luke :)

Some of the early Rev Up engines suffered from high oil usage.  If it's a very early one then it would be worth asking the owner if they are aware of it, and if they ever need to top up between services.

Other than that, they're pretty bullet proof.  Just check for the normal - that all the panels fit and check for even tyre wear.

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

Posted Image

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

#69 Shenley

Shenley

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 January 2016 - 04:21 AM

The HR engine has started to suffer from low oil pressure. This is due to poorly designed internal oil gallery gaskets. There is one on each bank of cylinders. Not expensive to buy........ but the front of the engine has to come off.
Only noticeable when warm as the oil pressure gauge on the dash shows only 3psi (ish) at idle, instead of 30psi.
Also effected early 370s too, but these cars don't have a pressure gauge - it's an oil temp gauge instead.
Has only become prevalent in the last year or so as the cars hit high milage/age.
You will notice a loss of oil on the dipstick, but no visible signs, as it's an internal leak.
This does not effect the early DE engine derivative.
Came to notice over in the States, as there are many V6 engined Nissan vehicles out there.
  • Chubbs likes this

Sent from my Commodore 64

Just growing old disgracefully......

#70 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Members (10)
  • 15,386 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 January 2016 - 08:40 AM

The HR engine has started to suffer from low oil pressure. This is due to poorly designed internal oil gallery gaskets. There is one on each bank of cylinders. Not expensive to buy........ but the front of the engine has to come off.
Only noticeable when warm as the oil pressure gauge on the dash shows only 3psi (ish) at idle, instead of 30psi.
Also effected early 370s too, but these cars don't have a pressure gauge - it's an oil temp gauge instead.
Has only become prevalent in the last year or so as the cars hit high milage/age.
You will notice a loss of oil on the dipstick, but no visible signs, as it's an internal leak.
Came to notice over in the States, as there are many V6 engined Nissan vehicles out there.

Very useful bit of knowledge here. Thanks.

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

How to post pics on this forum CLICK HERE

Prospective buyer's/new owners' guide to second-hand 350Zs (includes MY06 & MY07 improvements) - CLICK HERE

All assistance I attempt to give comes with the Murray Walker health warning, "Unless I'm very much mistaken ...I AM very much mistaken!"

'53 plate Gunmetal Grey 350z >>> '56 plate Ebisu Black 350z >>> '10 plate Universal Silver 370z >>> '14 plate Mineral Grey BMW M235i >>> '65 plate Gunmetal 370z

Tokyo Motor Show, October 2017???

#71 JohnFK

JohnFK

nissansportz Chairman

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,110 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:39 AM

Wow. Thanks for that info. As I understand it the "UpRev" engine (2005+) is a derivative of the DE. Does this mean the above does not apply to that either? (Mine's getting a little more oil thirsty!).

#72 Shenley

Shenley

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 January 2016 - 10:23 AM

No it's just the HR (313) block - VQ35HR. And the 370 models too - VQ37VHR, up until 2012.
I have yet to find the engine number from the upgrade point.
It DOES NOT effect the DE or DE up-rev - VQ35DE.

Sent from my Commodore 64

Just growing old disgracefully......

#73 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Members (10)
  • 15,386 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:09 AM

It DOES NOT effect the DE or DE up-rev - VQ35DE.

The up-rev has discovered other ways of making oil disappear :)

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

How to post pics on this forum CLICK HERE

Prospective buyer's/new owners' guide to second-hand 350Zs (includes MY06 & MY07 improvements) - CLICK HERE

All assistance I attempt to give comes with the Murray Walker health warning, "Unless I'm very much mistaken ...I AM very much mistaken!"

'53 plate Gunmetal Grey 350z >>> '56 plate Ebisu Black 350z >>> '10 plate Universal Silver 370z >>> '14 plate Mineral Grey BMW M235i >>> '65 plate Gunmetal 370z

Tokyo Motor Show, October 2017???