Adrian Flux

nissansportz Road Trip!?

Hello all,

Thought I would post this here as it is my local section, but obviously will include other areas of the country after getting a feeling for how many would be up for it!!

I am thinking of doing a little road trip at some point this year and thought it maybe good if we could do a little road trip over the water with a few Zeds. I know Mark(3FIDDYZ) was thinking of a day trip over to Calias, so maybe this could be incorporated into that somehow if at the right time, but I was thinking of going to somewhere for a bit of a homage, or to experience some world class roads in a Top Gear style convoy.

Options so far would be either Nurburg obviously or maybe the Millau bridge in the south of France, with a planned route of amazing roads if possible. Any other options would be welcomed though.

I am thinking of doing it maybe in the summer or late spring, after I have got my new wheels and ideally my suspension, brakes and exhaust fitted, so maybe in the next 4 months or so. Cant gop to somewhere like the Nurburgring and not have your car set up for optimal pleasure!!

Let me know what you guys think and if you would be interested and depending on how much interest there is I will see if it is something we could maybe do as a club endorsed event, rather than just a coupld of us on a run into Europe.

Cheers

Glenn

IMG_1623-1.jpg

Im in if im off my shift!

<p class="bbc_center">newsigpic-1.jpg</p>

<p class="bbc_center"><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong><a class='bbc_url' href='http://forums.nissansportz.com/index.php?showtopic=23775&hl='>THE MILLENIUM FALCON BUILD</a></strong></span></p>

<p class="bbc_center"> </p>

<p class="bbc_center"><a class='bbc_url' href='

RUN</a></p>

<p class="bbc_center"> </p>

<p class="bbc_center"><a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.youtube.com/user/djtimodj?feature=mhee'>My You<span style="color:#FF0000;">Tube</span> Channel</a>

Im in if im off my shift!

Suggested this last year so I am still in. There was talk of a joint effort with the gt-r and Renault sport chaps to get the numbers up.

Also suggested was to try and meet with our french counterparts.

Need to work out distances and stopping places, lots of motorway hotels for about 50 euro per night.

Google maps looks like the best planning tool as you can arrange the trip from a starting point in the UK all the way to the bridge.

Mark

FOOTER3-1.jpg

Uprev FTMFW!

Chargespeed - Ings - Nismo - Recaro - Volk - Gallery - K&N - Cusco - Endless - 5zigen - RS-R

Kinetix - Clearcorners.com - Tommy Kaira - Kenwood - RSW - Varis - Ingallis - Pithon

Chilli Red Performance Parts JC Auto Refinishing Abbey Motorsport

well seems the "faces" that I thought would be interested are, thats good news!!

I am open to suggestions and obviously dates will be worked around all of us so that everyone is happy, I am looking to do it in a few months or so, so everyone will have good notice.

I am happy with the Bridge, but just as happy to do the Ring, maybe a vote would be the best idea and go from there?

Mark - I remembered that you had suggested this before for the meet up in France, maybe that could be our first stop and then on from there, either south or east!!

What months do people think this would be good for them?

Glenn1981

wizard

Smoky

djtimodj

3FIDDYZ

IMG_1623-1.jpg
Maybe when the weathers nice? :)

Hmmm yes, was thinking May\June time myself

Guessing 2\3 days off work, go on either Wednesday\Thursday and be back by Sunday, but open to suggestions, could be shorter I suppose.

Hot enough for you? :D

IMG_1623-1.jpg

Its only about another 100 miles to the beach from Millau!

Will be about ~£400 in fuel, ~£200 in food and lodgings andd 1200 miles on your zed...

post-3947-1204560625_thumb.jpg

FOOTER3-1.jpg

Uprev FTMFW!

Chargespeed - Ings - Nismo - Recaro - Volk - Gallery - K&N - Cusco - Endless - 5zigen - RS-R

Kinetix - Clearcorners.com - Tommy Kaira - Kenwood - RSW - Varis - Ingallis - Pithon

Went to the ring 3 years in a row but missed last year, could be tempted to go back. Stoped in Koblenz last time out and that was good for a bit of nightlife and was'nt to far from the ring.

Kevin

zedsig.jpg

UK Distributor for C-West, Endless, Rays, Racing Hart, Varis, RS-R, 5Zigen, Stillen, Top Secret, JWT, Motordyne, Shine Auto, HKS, Power Enterprise & more!

Its only about another 100 miles to the beach from Millau!

Will be about ~£400 in fuel, ~£200 in food and lodgings andd 1200 miles on your zed...

We don't all live in London you know.

£1000 + in fuel and 2200 miles on my Zed.

Might be up for this in June/July/August.

Alex.

gallery_2_163_13820.jpg

Thanks for the research Mark, looks like a good route and maybe the beach would be good, going all that way, we might aswell.

Would you be up for the ring instead Mark? Maybe into France for the meet then across to the ring, or have you got your heart set on that amazing bridge?

Kev I am very much up for the ring at somepoint this year, even if we do go to Millau, I will be looking to do the ring too, I guess we will just put it to the vote and see what is best.

IMG_1623-1.jpg

providing the time off work , budget etc is right ....im in.

2939036099_589c166a38_o.jpg

JWT popcharger, Motordyne 5/16 plenum spacer, Nismo S-Tune suspension, DS ferrodo 2500 pads, spill's grounding kit and Collinite!!!

Night be up for this in June/July/August.

Alex.

Hey Alex, well open to suggestions as I said, so if you have an idea that may suit all parties then feel free to put it forward.

IMG_1623-1.jpg

Night be up for this in June/July/August.

Alex.

Should have made a note to that effect, just though it may have been an appropriate meeting point for those from the north and south...

I think some others were talking about a ring trip and Le Mans. Anyone know when Le Mans is this year?

How about doing a vote thing with the various options. Not sure if you can do a dual one with locations and dates?

At least if you go to the ring / Le Mans you have something to do when there, if you go to Millau then even though its a sight to behold its just a bridge...

Another option may be joining in the britball run...

FOOTER3-1.jpg

Uprev FTMFW!

Should have made a note to that effect, just though it may have been an appropriate meeting point for those from the north and south...

I think some others were talking about a ring trip and Le Mans. Anyone know when Le Mans is this year?

How about doing a vote thing with the various options. Not sure if you can do a dual one with locations and dates?

At least if you go to the ring / Le Mans you have something to do when there, if you go to Millau then even though its a sight to behold its just a bridge...

Another option may be joining in the britball run...

I am liking the sound of all of those Mark, the main thing for me is that I just want to go for a good few days run in Europe with a group of other lovely Zeds, good company, like minded people who love their cars and love a good drive on some great roads, and a nice drink up in the evening. The ring would be good as the scenery can be breathtaking and we have a reason to go there other than sites, plus we get to really test out our cars and any modifications. But I am just as happy to drive to the south of France for the weather and drive equally!!

Choices I can think of so far:

Nurburgring

Millau Bridge then on to the coast of Southern France and maybe some camping

Monaco

Le Mans

Hockenheim

IMG_1623-1.jpg
I am liking the sound of all of those Mark, the main thing for me is that I just want to go for a good few days run in Europe with a group of other lovely Zeds, good company, like minded people who love their cars and love a good drive on some great roads, and a nice drink up in the evening. The ring would be good as the scenery can be breathtaking and we have a reason to go there other than sites, plus we get to really test out our cars and any modifications. But I am just as happy to drive to the south of France for the weather and drive equally!!

Choices I can think of so far:

Nurburgring

Millau Bridge then on to the coast of Southern France and maybe some camping

Monaco

Le Mans

Hockenheim

damn looks like i need a damn expensive top up for my weekly pass to make this one!!!!!

2939036099_589c166a38_o.jpg

JWT popcharger, Motordyne 5/16 plenum spacer, Nismo S-Tune suspension, DS ferrodo 2500 pads, spill's grounding kit and Collinite!!!

Another option I am considering is a trip to Gatebill, its meant to be Europes largest performance car meet. It got good coverage from the magazines last year and the night life is supposed to be good not to mention all the fit Scandinavian models. Gatebill website

Would be a bit of road trip but would certainly be fun!

Thanks

Kevin

zedsig.jpg

UK Distributor for C-West, Endless, Rays, Racing Hart, Varis, RS-R, 5Zigen, Stillen, Top Secret, JWT, Motordyne, Shine Auto, HKS, Power Enterprise & more!