Advertise Here

London & Home Counties Meet - With Added Karting

Chubbs

Anyone fancy a bit of karting?

I thought it might be good to combine the inaugural meet of the London & Home Counties Chapter with an indoor kart race.

THIS IS OPEN TO ALL MEMBERS - EVERYONE IS WELCOME - EVEN IRISH PEOPLE

So what do you think of this?.....

http://www.klubkartracing.com - They're in Aylesbury, so it's convenient for lots of members. It's an indoor track, so no weather worries. I've spoken to them on the phone and they seem like a decent bunch. The karts have 200cc Honda engines and are capable of 45-50mph top speed (though this may not be achievable on their track). The track is a tight, split-level circuit, with one 75m straight and one 50m straight (see website for the track layout).

We could opt for a 'Grand Prix' type event, with heats, semi's and a final (total time about 2.5 hours), or a 'team endurance' type event, which probably gives everyone a little more track time (except me and the runner up of the Grand Prix, of course!).

Cost - See website, but the Grand Prix would be £35 if we had 16 drivers, £42 for 14 drivers and £45 for 10 drivers. I asked about discount and it seems we would need 20+ people to start getting reductions (I am waiting for a phone call from the boss, to see if I can wangle a club discount from them). Spectators are free.

If you fancy the idea, sign up in the London & Home Counties section, here - http://forums.nissansportz.com/index.p...st=0#entry13897

I think it would only be a runner if we get more than 10 - THE MORE THE MERRIER

Geoff

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

Date dependant, I'd be up for this...

Seb

sebsig.jpg

The Zed has gone! After 7 years of 350Z Ownership including having owned 2 of them, I've now got a Vauxhall VXR8 Bathurst S Jaguar

(A French Racing Blue XFR-S with 550bhp :) - no string back driving gloves in sight!)

The Zed will be missed though - superb car, never missed a beat!

Night Blue 350Z GT with Nismo LM GT4 19s

Invidia GT300 Y-Pipe Back Exhaust System

East Shore Racing Y-Pipe

Brembo Drilled Front Discs and Pads

Stillen Dual Air Intakes

Spill Grounding Kit

I'm in; date dependent.

RAYS, parking sensors, Tonneau Cover (StuartB), security glass, Alpine DVD satnav, Alpine digital television, DBA discs and Ferrodo pads, spare RAYS for winter, Michelin Pilot Sports for summer, Vredstein Wintrac Extremes for winter, Spill's Grounding Kit, LED rear brake lights, Carbon Fibre switch panel covers (Richard Chen), JL Audio 2 channel amp, Infinity Kappa 6.1 Perfect Speakers, Alpine reverse camera, Sony Ericsson Bluetooth phonekit with audio integration, CAT Driver Training, Nismo Exhaust. KW Variant 3.

Count me in :lol:

Count me in :lol:

The User formally known as SimonD\NismoD.

Temper Orange Nismo GT, Nismo LMGT4's, StuartB Tonneau cover, Z mats (front and rear), Z tax disc, stubby antenna and Garmin Nuvi 660T, Stillen Dual Intakes and Stillen True Dual Exhaust arrived and fitted.

Gone but not forgotten :(

I'm in too please; date dependent.

Aylesbury isn't too far from me :lol:

Thinking about "modding" your car? Don't forget the driver! - CAT Driver Training - click for Members discounts

Need to know how to do a job on your Zed? Check out the "How to's" section - click here

The definitive Tyre Choice Poll click here to vote and see the results

damo%20sig3.jpg

Send me your "How to's" - howto@nissansportz.com

Yes put me down for this and maybe the mrs...

Have been there a few times and can definately recommend it :lol:

Got the silver once and im 17 stone!!

Paul

2016 GT-R Recaro Black. Stage 1 engine and gearbox remap epic!

No 1 GT-R Black Black from Marshalls. Helmet signed by Mizuno...

Paul_S Reversing Camera - Sold.

Sept 01 2004 Z GT gunmetal Alezan gone but not forgotten

• 3 weeks later...

q

Dude - after mucho karting in the past, it doesn't always work for you, being of a more "space efficient" body size. :( It's really hard to get the power down coming out of corners without the back end stepping out, and even through the fast sweeping corners you tend to drift through them with a bit of opposite lock on!! Not ideal for optimum speed!! :cry:

On the straights though, it's a different matter. :) at 11 stones I tended to leave most people trailing... :P They just made it up through the corners. Bah! :) On a short, twisty track, I reckon I could be at a disadvantage to be honest... BAH!

I'm definitely on for this. Weekend would certainly be preferable (surprisingly) and date dependant, it sounds like a winner!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

--- Loved you like a fat kid loved his cake ---

No more Zed... :(