CAT Driver Training

Aberdeen Meet 26th April

stew

Anyone up for a meet on 26th April?

Would probably consist of a meet and chat, drive, food and more driving!

Maybe an ice cream to top it off somewhere nice. :bounce:

The route would consist of some cracking roads roads with the usual lovely scenery . Expect a few extras chucked in though..... and don't expect an accurate milage or time estimation from me......

ALL welcome!

The list so far.....

1. Stew

2. JT1703

3. AB350Z

4. Vasser

we need more Zeds!

This will be a friendly meet with a nice relaxed pace of driving. It's not a race and won't be treated as such. It's passenger friendly too!

'04 Azure 350Z GT with a few toys!

I won't however I'll see nearer the time if there is a seat free George. If not just tag along. It'd be a shame for an old school owner like yourself to miss out!

Unfortunately I have a football match from about 12:30 (Come on the Clover Leaf!) so will not be around until 16:00. Also I have the pager with work so should be within 30 mins of the office in town :)

Whats the plan? Are you heading out towards Braemar or something? I would like to meet up at some point if possible....

Chris

Unfortunately I have a football match from about 12:30 (Come on the Clover Leaf!) so will not be around until 16:00. Also I have the pager with work so should be within 30 mins of the office in town :clap:

Whats the plan? Are you heading out towards Braemar or something? I would like to meet up at some point if possible....

Chris

Tell me more about the Leaf and in particular Jim Bell :bangin:

gallery_2_163_13820.jpg

Ha Ha! Didn't know you were familiar with Aberdeen! Can't say I'm a regular to the Leaf but they do fund the football team I play for!!! There's enough space in the car park for some donuts when it's quiet though!!!

Don;t know Jim Bell? Is he the owner or something?

Ha Ha! Didn't know you were familiar with Aberdeen! Can't say I'm a regular to the Leaf but they do fund the football team I play for!!! There's enough space in the car park for some donuts when it's quiet though!!!

Don;t know Jim Bell? Is he the owner or something?

Yeah Jim Bell is the owner.

So you will know Hislop and all his cronies then :bangin:

It is the Beacon isn't it. :clap: .

gallery_2_163_13820.jpg

Yeah Jim Bell is the owner.

So you will know Hislop and all his cronies then :bangin:

It is the Beacon isn't it. :clap: .

Ha ha!

I wondered if the subject of Mr Bell would be raised by you Alex.....

Yeah the lucky sod is in Florida at the moment.

It's alright for some!

Surely more takers for this?

Will you mangae Alex or are you at KH that day? It's not like we have anywhere better to go like Hampden..... :bangin:

It's alright for some!

Surely more takers for this?

Will you mangae Alex or are you at KH that day? It's not like we have anywhere better to go like Hampden..... :bangin:

Yeah Stew I will be there providing I get my car running properly, almost there, just got to sort out the drop in fuel pressure at prolonged running of 1.2 bar boost and source a suitable true dual zorst and then a final map, but I am not holding my breath as the meet is only 3 weeks away.

I was trying to forget about the trip to the city of the great unwashed.

gallery_2_163_13820.jpg

Yeah Stew I will be there providing I get my car running properly, almost there, just got to sort out the drop in fuel pressure at prolonged running of 1.2 bar boost and source a suitable true dual zorst and then a final map, but I am not holding my breath as the meet is only 3 weeks away.

I shall never mention it again.....

Hope you can make it up! Take the jeep! :bangin:

Ok folks,

I have the route. It's good. In fact it's GREAT!

Not exactly as planned but should offer a good driving experience.

Now is the time for the local Zeds to make themselves known! You don't want to miss out on a good drive.

For the douters of my road picking skills..... I'm a biker. Enough said. They are good!

As I said before, it's not a race, just a nicely paced (60 is the limit....) run to meet some local owners and enjoy the local scenery. Family friendly so bring a partner / buddy / kiddie with you. What else you going to be doing on a Sunday Afternoon?

I will be there providing I get my car running properly,

If your car's running, could I jump in with you Alex?

City of the unwashed?

Does that start with Scum and end in Dee!?? :bounce:

Edited by g_torphins

"Never ever bloody anything ever! I've lived my life by that rule"

If your car's running, could I jump in with you Alex?

City of the unwashed?

Does that start with Scum and end in Dee!?? :)

That could be a plan George :bounce: :) but I am having difficulty sourcing a suitable 3" Turbo back true dual exhaust. :mad:

Try about 100 miles west of Scumdee, you know, the real soap dodgers :) :lol: :lol:

gallery_2_163_13820.jpg

You know the place George.... Where they they rake in the bucket for something to eat.... where they find a dead rat and they think it's a treat.......

All the roads are in here......

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q228/stewart-83/Aberdeenshiremap.jpg

So that's the coast road out and Cairn O Mount (which will be covered at a later meet...)

It's a mix up of a few 'routes' and I promise it'll be good!

I am having difficulty sourcing a suitable 3" Turbo back true dual exhaust. :mad:

Is the problem because you're looking for turbo back rather than cat-or where your cats were-back?

APS one?

100 miles..........Oh! Ah yes I know the place. urrgggghhhhh. George looks for uneasy shiver smiley.

You know the place George.... Where they they rake in the bucket for something to eat.... where they find a dead rat and they think it's a treat.......

I've had the "pleasure" of working with some of that city's loveliest people for 6months a few years back :bounce:

Route looks fit fine Stew :)

Cairn o'mount and surrounding area is defo a must later in the year.

Is the problem because you're looking for turbo back rather than cat-or where your cats were-back?

APS one?

Yes George, the problem is sourcing 3" test pipes, looks like another fabrication job.

APS do 3.5" monster test pipes but they will only marry up to the APS Turbos.

AAM do a cool 3" set of test pipes but they are designed for the Greddy Turbos as they have open dumps.

My HKS 2530 turbos run internal wastegates so the AAM pipes wont work.

An APS or AAM 3" true dual system will work for me providing I can get similar test pipes to fit to the HKS Turbos. (Stock Flange at Turbo end)

gallery_2_163_13820.jpg