CongratulationZ

Squeak

andy.j

I hate squeaks...

This one is coming from the driver seatbelt. The part that rotates (pointed in the pic). When ever I move even slightly in the seat, I get a "squeak". It wouldnt be so annoying if it wasn't right next to my ear.

Has anyone else had this problem? It's frustrating so I HAVE to do something about it. Any ideas? Can/should I take it back to the dealer for a squeak?

Cheers,

http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss180/abjackson/photo-4.jpg

Sig.gif

2010 Twilight Grey 370z - My First Z! - Here is how I made it mine

I don't believe it :teeth: My 350z does this too - you would think they would have sorted it on the new model. Mine comes and goes so i've never had to do anything about it, but maybe some oil or wd40 would sort the squeek if it's happening all the time ??

Pete.

2004 Azure GT

Mods: Antera 343 19x8.5 [f] & 19x9.5 [r] wrapped in Falken 245/35/19 [f] & Falken 275/35/19 [r] - Eibach 30mm Suspension - Stubby Aerial - Nismo Buddy Club cat back exhaust - Berk Technology High flow sports cats - Nismo Oil & Radiator caps - Kenwood DNX7200 SN HU - "Z" Tax Disc holders - 350Z floor mats - Nismo Black Aluminium gear knob - 2006 Spec OEM LED Brake lights & a big smile

I don't believe it :teeth: My 350z does this too - you would think they would have sorted it on the new model. Mine comes and go so i've never had to do anything about it, but maybe some oil or wd40 would sort the squeek if doing it all the time ??

Pete.

Thought about that. but don't really want to replace the new car smell with dw-40 smell?

Sig.gif

Solid furniture polish fed on a cotton bud or tooth pick as far between the two parts as you can should give some "slip" ! Dont blame me if it doesnt work :teeth:

I was going to suggest something along those lines - winding some waxy black thread around the joint.

Or - just tell your dealer about it for the next service.

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Z* with a plethora of minor bespoke mods'

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

Has anyone had much luck with dealers actually fixing squeaks because I know I haven't!

I can raise your one squeak to two squeaks, drivers front seat height adjuster, quick twiddle of the knob and my squeak stops. Also steering column squeak when going over harsh bumps worse when it's cold. Coming from around the steering boss.

I'm with the furniture polish idea, should be nice and slippy and smell good.

Hope you get it fixed.

Andy you need ear wax that will stop it and it doesn't smell. What bug is that your seat belt looks twisted or is it supposed to look like that

and has the bonus that I can clean my ears out at the same time?

I'm pretty sure that its supposed to be like that. when you get in and put the belt on, the bit which is circled turns anti-clockwise, removing the twist.

I'm going to have to try something... it's bugging the hell out of me now. Can't wait till its first service!

Sig.gif