Adrian Flux

Help - Neighbours will kill me if I can't find out how to disable alarm on my Z

For reason's which are completely unknown, the alarm on my 10 plate 370Z roadster has started going off at random times.

First time was about 2:00 this morning, then roughly on the hour. Checked the obvious - doors, windows, boot, but nothing wrong that I could see. Filled the car with Fly spray in case there were any big flies/spiders triggering a motion detector, but still going off.

I live in a very small and very quiet village, the car is parked in the village square and I swear, if the same thing happens tonight, there'll be a lynch squad banging on my door.

The really odd thing is that the alarm is still going off, even when the doors are unlocked????? I got so fed up this morning after the 8th time of turning it off, I just stuck my head out the bathroom window, pointed the key fob at the car and just unlocked it. Sure enough, 20 minutes later the bloody thing went off again, even with the doors unlocked.

Can someone please advise if there's a way of deactivating the alarm? I

PS - I am the muppet who can't find the manual. It's not lost, just in the house in a specific geographic location that escapes me at the moment :-(

Thanks in advance people.

Martin

Hi Martin

I had that happen in my 350z, the alarm kept on going off for a few days in the summer, it turned out that a large green bug had got into the car and it was flying around at night time setting off the alarm.

I found it sitting on the passenger seat one morning and turfed it out and the alarm never sounded again.

HTH

Lester

Universal Silver 350 Z GT Roadster, 09 Plate, Rays, Rear Parking Sensors, HUGE Grin and extra noise !

The alarm probably went off again after you pointed the fob and unlocked it, because unless you actually open a door it re-arms its self and locks and alarms back up again. Security measure ;) you would need to unlock it and open a door and re-close it, then just walk away.

07765 406665
Infiniti FX 30d premium - loved it but now gone
QX70d S Design and owner and lovin' it - Alas, she has now gone too

350Z Chilli Red 2006, with full Do-Luck Kit and still looks as good as new!
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube

One of the GTR boys had a problem with his alarm going off in the middle of the night.

After about a year it was traced to a wireless central heating thermostat in his house. They work at a similar frequency.

2016 GT-R Recaro Black. Stage 1 engine and gearbox remap epic!

No 1 GT-R Black Black from Marshalls. Helmet signed by Mizuno...

Paul_S Reversing Camera - Sold.

Sept 01 2004 Z GT gunmetal Alezan gone but not forgotten

The interior sensor switch is behind the seat - if it's due to something in the car setting the alarm sensor off, that will do the trick. But if it's due to something else..... you are going to be disliked....! ;-)

Hope it goes better tonight.

Does that switch disable the interior sensors? I have to admit I've not read up on it but I thought it was just the tilt sensors. I could very easily be wrong...

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Z* with a plethora of minor bespoke mods'

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

It cancels both the tilt and interior sensors.

Cool - I didn't realise that. Good info :thumbs:

I've not yet got round to using this switch, but need to as my alarm keeps going off and that's what I've been asked to do to eliminate sensors etc.

Surprised that the alarm doesn't contain an events log that the dealers can access to determine what set it off?

Good point mate. I've not heard that it does but it makes perfect sense.

I guess it must sound worse with a ragtop as it's one of those alarms designed to make the car thieves ears bleed rather than annoy the neighbours.

Phew. The advice to turn this off was from KAP where Paul S and I get ours looked after, nothing but good experience with them so be surprised if they got it wrong and there is a log. Also told me that there's no way of adjusting the sensitivity of the sensors, again found this strange. Let us know how ou get on Friday.