RJN Motorsport

The Annual Insurance Cup Derby

Welcome to the Insurance Cup sponsored (paid for) by Andy.J.

All the horses are in the starting gate and they're off.

Taking an early lead, trained by Confused.com is Privilege with an impressive £646.60 annual premium. The price from this horse is very low, but with £700 excess and lack of options when it comes to modifications, the question is, does it have the legs to make it to the end of the race?

Coming in second also trained by Confused.com is Sainsbury's. At £691.12, I really doubt this nags potential to reach the finishing line and the bookies are not giving favourable odds at this time.

And last years winner SKY Insurance is coming into the race. It's a really shaky start from this runner with an initial quote way off the mark, but after the jokey put some work in, a decent quote of £700 with an excess down at 400 and future modification ability put this horse in the lead by a nose.

A late entry from the nissansportz.com trader, Adrian Flux, has now pulled up along side SKY, and gone on to take the lead! with an initial quote of £620 for the same benefits as SKY with a £350 excess (£90 excess on windscreen, courtesy car, use of other cars, 60 days European cover and Protected NCB), this horse looks a dead cert. The only doubt being a low milage allowance of 5k per year. a quick recalculation based on 10k however showed no difference in cost and Adrian Flux has stormed this field to take a comfortable win.

Credit must be given to SKY Insurance based on their customer service. After I informed them I would not be taking their quote the sales guy, (who I was in contact with via email while on the phone to Adrian Flux to see if they could beet the offer), was kind enough to pass on my request to get the NCB proof sent out to me. I have nothing but good things to say about SKY based on last years performance, but this years winner with a great race is Adrian Flux. (I also took out their key cover as I know 370z keys aren't cheap to replace. I'm not typically prone to loosing keys, but for £15 a year, it seemed like a 'safe bet'.)

Thanks for watching.

Until next year!

• Like 3

Sig.gif

2010 Twilight Grey 370z - My First Z! - Here is how I made it mine

Well done mate :lol:

I'll do a similar post (but not as clever or funny I'm sure!) when I get my quotes in :horse:

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Z* with a plethora of minor bespoke mods'

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

Very good :clap:

07765 406665
Infiniti FX 30d premium - loved it but now gone
QX70d S Design and owner and lovin' it - Alas, she has now gone too

350Z Chilli Red 2006, with full Do-Luck Kit and still looks as good as new!
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube

I didnt ask specifically, just from previous experience main insurers like Privilege/Direct Line etc won't allow anything really. I expect Adrian Flux will insure anything, at a cost. When I am in a position to buy the mods I will call them and ask the question.

Sig.gif

I'm (currently) with Admiral and every time I make a mod I just call them, they charge me an extra £20-£50 and all is well. I'm probably not getting the best deal now as I will soon find out but they are very easy with the process.

I am with a company through Sky and Sky do the same £25 for the pleasure :(

07765 406665

Just had my renewal with Admiral, they wanted £544 car on drive, told them I could get it cheaper garaged and they knocked it down to £482 garaged so worth a haggle.

Not sure of everyone's ages, but Saga are giving really low quotes for 370s at the minute..low 200s !!!

Roll on 50.

I'm (currently) with Admiral and every time I make a mod I just call them, they charge me an extra £20-£50 and all is well. I'm probably not getting the best deal now as I will soon find out but they are very easy with the process.

Oh, perhaps they were just not happy with a 22 year old modifying a car? That'll teach me for making assumptions...

Sig.gif

Just had my renewal with Admiral, they wanted £544 car on drive, told them I could get it cheaper garaged and they knocked it down to £482 garaged so worth a haggle

Not sure of everyone's ages, but Saga are giving really low quotes for 370s at the minute..low 200s !!!

Roll on 50.

I have been with admiral for years, more for the convenience of insuring 3 cars, and because they were very cheap when I was a young driver with a 350z. Every year I get my renewal through, go online and get a quote (as if I was a new customer), and then ring up asking for a price match. This year they wanted £1300 for my 370z, Mk2 Golf GTI and the wife's Note, but got it for £1000 (£517 for the zed). Strangely it is cheaper to insure the car on the driveway than garaged with Admiral.

Pedro

Snap! I just renewed with Admiral today.

For my car and Sarah's Juke they sent through a renewal of nearly £1,150. When I went onto confused.com they came up cheapest for the Zed (a heck of a lot less than my quote) and 5th cheapest for the Juke (again, a lot cheaper than the postal quote). I got the reference number from the web and called them up.

In the end, it cost approx. £750 for both cars protected fully comp, all the Zed mods declared, with a few extras like personal insurance and hire cars.

Well worth a phone call...

Snap! I just renewed with Admiral today.

For my car and Sarah's Juke they sent through a renewal of nearly £1,150. When I went onto confused.com they came up cheapest for the Zed (a heck of a lot less than my quote) and 5th cheapest for the Juke (again, a lot cheaper than the postal quote). I got the reference number from the web and called them up.

In the end, it cost approx. £750 for both cars protected fully comp, all the Zed mods declared, with a few extras like personal insurance and hire cars.

Well worth a phone call...

Looks like we both got a deal in the end but it shows you how much they try to take the piss hoping you don't contest the renewal price!

Pedro

.. and for the record... Saga's first year can be quite competitive but after that they seriously take the p*ss. Even challenged them one year on their " we'll beat any quote" promotion and the rep just laughed and said the policies will be different in the detail so they wont even match the other one!!!

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - "Muttley" (it was the only Z in the village ....)
Storm White R35 GT-R MY21 Track Edition… “Fully Loaded”

Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - "The Expensive Mistress"
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - "Dumbo"
Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R MY11 with Recaros - "The General"
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - "Dastardly"
[Volkswagen Up! GTi, 5-door, White]

• 2 weeks later...
:bounce: for Fred99

07765 406665

• 3 weeks later...

I know I'm old (I prefer "senior"), but I thought I would let the collective know that Admiral and Saga came in fairly evenly for 370 insurance; both about £242 for moderate excess and garaged (no mods). Saga got the deal as they gave me £20 off just for getting a quote on my house insurance, which isn't due for 11 months. Total £222. Job done. This even includes business use for me.

Fred99. :hypocrite:

• Like 1

Fred I - 350Z 2007 Gunmetal. 6 CD changer, full leather, reverse sensors. SOLD.
Fred II - 370Z GT 2011 Gunmetal. Premium connect. GT spec. Seriously un-modified. See-through windows, and a wheel at each corner. Sold 13 July 14. Gone.
Fred III - 2014 facelift 370GT. Magma red. Reversing sensors. Invidia Gemini CBE. Sold 2 April 2016.
Fred IV - 2016 Daytona Blue 370Z GT. Reversing sensors. K & N panel filters. Invidia Gemini CBE. Full front wrap - Ventureshield II.

• 1 year later...

Insurance is once again renewed with Adrian Flux. After receiving an email offering me my new renewal at £150 more than the previous year, they were able to get it down to £40 less than the previous year. with 8 years NCB, I have maxed out the discount, but I'm still a lot higher than most of you guys!

Renewal of £660 this year, all mods declared. Interesting new product this year is the ability to upgrade the 'other cars 3rd party insurance' to fully comp up to the value of £20k for 24.99 a year. I added this on, so now if you let me drive your car at mod day, I am full comp! (except for you people with new ones or GT-Rs!)

• Like 1

Sig.gif

Admiral are a nightmare with changes. A NISMO is great as its factory. But you should try owning a BMW and being insured. Given virtually nothing isn't an optional extra. I was actually told I could not add anything else and had to take something off... what would you like me to take off - the Brakes.... :evil2:

Sounds like a good quote. Of course when you get really old.... oh how little we pay. :bleh:

• Like 1

Current - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button. GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System. Custom Blank Button Delete Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Current - 2020 (20) Juke Tekna Plus, Gun Metal Grey/Red Contrast, DCT Gearbox, Clever Little Commuter Car

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Andy is getting on now must be at least ........26? :D

07765 406665

28 Sarah! I have to admit. By insurance is definitely a lot cheaper now then when I bought the car at 24 years old! 4 more years of age :), 4 more years no claims :), still no points :), and a car which is now only worth half as much :( all seem to contribute!

• Like 1

Sig.gif