Ok - time to bite the bullet & order up some new tyres for my 370. Pretty sure I am going to go for Vredestein's front and back based on peoples experience on here.

Just wondered if anyone has a good place to buy them currently? I'm based near Reading / Swindon / Oxford if that helps...

Cheers all!

Simon

Thanks both - my local Bosche service centre will fit tyres for £14 plus VAT each, so think I'll order online & ship to them. Seems there's no way around the fact that tyres are gonna be expensive.... But then I knew that when I bought it ;-)

I am a few mm over the legal limit at the moment and things are getting pretty slippy on the Bridgestones - makes for some entertaining driving though!

Black Circles are supposed to be excellent for online buys

07765 406665
Infiniti FX 30d premium - loved it but now gone
QX70d S Design and owner and lovin' it - Alas, she has now gone too

350Z Chilli Red 2006, with full Do-Luck Kit and still looks as good as new!
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube

£930 including the postage & fitting for four vreds. Looking forwards to getting them on the car now. I used mytyres.co.uk - found them slightly cheaper than Black Circles & have used them before and they were quick to send the tyres out. We'll see if that's the same situation with the apparently hard-to-come-by vreds.

EDIT: Black Circles were not listing the vreds, just the Hankooks & Toyo options

Simon

• 3 weeks later...

Got them fitted at last this morning - first impressions: the reduction in road noise is very noticeable. Increase in traction? Not sure - am comparing new boots with ones that were just legal - so prob not fair! But (and yes it is a little sad) the tred pattern on the Vreds looks very cool. Hope it also reduces / eliminates the scrubbing you get from the Bridgestones.

• Like 1

We have had members who can identify tyres by the tracks left :lol:

07765 406665
Infiniti FX 30d premium - loved it but now gone
QX70d S Design and owner and lovin' it - Alas, she has now gone too

350Z Chilli Red 2006, with full Do-Luck Kit and still looks as good as new!
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube

Taking a look at the new ratings:

Bridestones - Fuel Eff.: F Wet Grip: C NoiseClass: 2 Noise: 72dB

Vredesteins - Fuel Eff.: E Wet Grip: C NoiseClass: 1 Noise: 67dB

Out of interest, my Hankooks which are a lot less pretty but a lot cheaper score:

Hankooks - Fuel Eff.: C Wet Grip: B NoiseClass: 2 Noise: 72dB

However, the Hankooks are definitely quieter than Bridgestones in real life so I am not 100% sure how these figures are worked out. Also they have no ratings for durability. The Bridgestones will win that one hands down as they are made of plastic and last forever :lol:

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Z* with a plethora of minor bespoke mods'

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

Do I remember mention of Dunlops being fitted to new 370Z's a while back? Of course it could just me having another senior moment :D

Previous 2010 370Z Coupe GT Premium Connect Vibrant Red. My introduction to the world of Zed.

Previous 2014 370Z Nismo v2 Vibrant Red. Sold.

Current Range Rover Evoque Autobiography 2 litre petrol turbo 290bhp.

You do. There was an official Nissan picture of the GT Edition before it was officially released here. In that pic I spotted the Dunlops and posted up hoping they would be standard fitment. When I asked Nissan they said that it was a press or test car and just needed new tyres in a hurry!

Dunlops:

Fuel Eff.: F Wet Grip: A NoiseClass: 1 Noise: 69dB

Easily the best in the wet so far!

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Z* with a plethora of minor bespoke mods'

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

I can sleep easily now :closedeyes:

Previous 2010 370Z Coupe GT Premium Connect Vibrant Red. My introduction to the world of Zed.

Previous 2014 370Z Nismo v2 Vibrant Red. Sold.

Current Range Rover Evoque Autobiography 2 litre petrol turbo 290bhp.

• 2 weeks later...

Also might want to consider Bridgestone RE11's or Michelin Pilot Super Sport....these two are what most are running in the US. They are not cheap...could break the bank. RE11's are summer competion tires and Michelin's are great all around tire. Not sure what runs well in the UK with different types of roads and weather, just throwing these out there for some opinions if any memners have ran with these or not.