Abbey Motorsport

tyres

wausau51

I personally really like Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta tyres. They look cool, grip is brilliant (especially in the wet), they wear pretty well and they are not that expensive.

The only word of warning I'd give you is to be careful of mixing different makes of front and rear tyres. I once put some falkens on the back when I had bridgestones on the front and it was dangerous. What happens is, when you go around a corner, the sidewalls of certain tyres compress more than the other set of tyres you have. As they compress, the circumference of the tyre reduces and so the wheel must rotate faster to keep up with the less compressed wheel. Traction control then sees that one wheel has started to rotate faster than the other and assumes its a skid, so traction control comes on, and you get the brakes pulsing on and off quickly. Not nice when you are going 70mph round a sharpish bend on a motorway!

So if I was you, if you fancy a change of tyre, get all 4 changed at once, or at very least ask about what tyres are compatible with each other. You should be able to get a full set of Vredesteins for about £500 plus fitting.

Edited by Kano

Peugeot 205 XS : 1995 to 2002

Toyota Celica: 2002 to 2007

Nissan 350z : 2007 to 2017

Ford Ka : 2017 - 2019

Nissan 370z : 2017 -

I've just replaced the Kuhmo's on mine, was gonna go for the pilot SS's but drive the car pretty conservatively and got the rear Kuhmo's for £250 fitted. And 25,000 is a lot of miles. Mine is on 31k and its on its 3rd set of rears.

are they the Khumo Ku39 that you are using ?

IMAG05707.jpg

my old 350z above, need to update with my le mans 370z

Think they're KU31. There were a set on it when I bought the car and apart from two occasions when i've put the boot down on a corner when its wet they've held the road well! The fronts still have over 3mm on them and didn't want to have different tyres front and rear so just replaced the rears like for like.

I personally really like Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta tyres. They look cool, grip is brilliant (especially in the wet), they wear pretty well and they are not that expensive.

The only word of warning I'd give you is to be careful of mixing different makes of front and rear tyres. I once put some falkens on the back when I had bridgestones on the front and it was dangerous. What happens is, when you go around a corner, the sidewalls of certain tyres compress more than the other set of tyres you have. As they compress, the circumference of the tyre reduces and so the wheel must rotate faster to keep up with the less compressed wheel. Traction control then sees that one wheel has started to rotate faster than the other and assumes its a skid, so traction control comes on, and you get the brakes pulsing on and off quickly. Not nice when you are going 70mph round a sharpish bend on a motorway!

So if I was you, if you fancy a change of tyre, get all 4 changed at once, or at very least ask about what tyres are compatible with each other. You should be able to get a full set of Vredesteins for about £500 plus fitting.

Vreds! Where are you getting the full set for that price?

Sig.gif

2010 Twilight Grey 370z - My First Z! - Here is how I made it mine

Vreds! Where are you getting the full set for that price?

Camskill.

Rears are £117.29 each plus £3 delivery. Fronts are probably a bit cheaper, but out of stock at the moment. LoveTyres do two fronts for £230 delivered.

Fitting is about £15 per tyre.

• Like 1

Wow! Tyre prices have fallen drastically since I last bought a set. Think mine were about 850!

Don't forget the 350Z runs 18s and we are on 19s Andy. The price jump between the two sizes can be a little eye-watering!

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Z* with a plethora of minor bespoke mods'

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

Don't forget the 350Z runs 18s and we are on 19s Andy. The price jump between the two sizes can be a little eye-watering!

Yes.. Those prices are for two lots of 245/45/18 and 225/45/18..

Guys, what do you make of this:

http://www.vredestein.co.uk/car-tyres/search/model/nissan/350%20z%20coupe/350%20z%20coupe/221620

Vredestein reckon front pressure should be 2.7 bar and rear pressure 2.9 bar. That's 39 and 42 psi respectively! Seems VERY high..