Abbey Motorsport

2009 - 2010 370Z Reverse Camera UK Solution (non Connect Premium Factory Nav Cars)

As I've always said though, the reverse camera is just another tool in your armory. You shouldn't use the rear window and mirrors any less. Never use the camera alone.

I am extremely guilty of this. Since I got the Murano I have really started relying on the camera maybe a little too much. I really need to remember to use the other tools at my disposal.

Although I did wonder why they dont fit a camera to the front and replace the windscreen with a giant display. That way you could turn on infrared/night mode. You could also include a bunch of head up displays on the screen. It could be a little dangerous if it broke down on a motorway I agree lol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Paul,   I am about to purchase my first 370z a GT Ultimate edition, first Q. is do you know if this is the same easy mod on that model. (2009 i suspect is the same, but never hurts to ask!!) se

I've just had a play with my prototype for a reverse camera kit for those with a 2009 370Z which has the factory (not Connect Premium) Nav.     Good news! It works!   The control box works just lik

Hey all,   Im based in the NW near Chester.. short hop to the northwales twisties, so really looking forward to it! its 2009 13k and 1 previous, with all sevices etc. so im hoping it will be as swe

Just a quick update for you...

Sorry for the delay in progress but it's been an unexpectedly crazy start to the year :rolleyes:

I am expecting the video converters to arrive any day now. I have a set of cameras which are fine in the day but poor in low light. I'm not sure what to do with these. They are easily swapped out so I might end up pretty much giving them away with the kit and they can be upgraded later if you choose to do so.

As for cost, the kit is going to work out as £195 for Users and £185 for full Members. If you choose to have the not-so-good camera then take a tenner off that price.

I will need to buy some more decent cameras and if they arrive in time for Mod day then that's great - you will then have the choice :)

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Z* with a plethora of minor bespoke mods'

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

Hi Paul,

Sounds like we are close, really looking forward to getting one of these from you, do you have any pictures as above showing what the picture looks like in daylight and at night? Or is one of the earlier pictures these cameras?

Cheers Kev,

I'll take some pics in the next couple of days and post them up :)

OK, maybe I was being a bit harsh on the cameras I currently have. I took this shot earlier, the car was about 5' from the fence:

gallery_245_426_46119.jpg

At that distance the reverse lights (standard bulbs) are doing their job.

As you can see it's not the clearest picture with some noise (speckles), but you can make everything out OK.

That looks about as good as the official Nissan one in my Murano. When you said poor quality I was expecting a lot worse then that lol.

Id probably still pay the extra for a better quality one if that is an option but this one doesnt look too bad at all.

Yeah, I'm probably comparing it to Sarah's Juke which works really well in the dark.

Like I say, it's more grainy than a better quality camera but you can still see what you need to. The replacements are on order so fingers crossed they arrive in time for Mod day...

• 3 weeks later...

The cameras have arrived and I've made up some of these kits now. I'm concentrating on the ones I'm bringing to Mod Day but I will be in contact with everyone else soon :)

In the mean time, here is a draft of the fitting instructions: 2009 370Z Reversing Camera Installation Instructions V1.pdf

Fitting them on Mod Day will help fill in a few gaps :)

Hi Paul,

Sounds great, looked through your how to and i think even I might be able to do this!!! And it looks a prime oportunity to do the sound proofing as well.....I have seen some matting stuff in homebase and it claims a 20db noise reduction, it is a type of underlay, but I am thinking just lat this down over everything and job done.....

Also I know you have been looking into a forward camera as well, is there any options for a forward camera at the moment? the second input with maybe a wireless camera would be perfect..

cheers Kev.

Or come to a mod day and you'll get a hand fitting it :)

07765 406665
Infiniti FX 30d premium - loved it but now gone
QX70d S Design and owner and lovin' it - Alas, she has now gone too

350Z Chilli Red 2006, with full Do-Luck Kit and still looks as good as new!
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube

Hi Paul,

Sounds great, looked through your how to and i think even I might be able to do this!!! And it looks a prime oportunity to do the sound proofing as well.....I have seen some matting stuff in homebase and it claims a 20db noise reduction, it is a type of underlay, but I am thinking just lat this down over everything and job done.....

Also I know you have been looking into a forward camera as well, is there any options for a forward camera at the moment? the second input with maybe a wireless camera would be perfect..

cheers Kev.

Yes, fitting it should be nice and simple :)

I am interested to know how that sound proofing works out. Don't forget you'll be better off not putting it directly under the carpet because you'll insulate the bass speaker! You'll need to line the metal floor of the boot.

I've not really pushed the forward facing cameras just yet. But as you say, the 2nd video input would be perfect for it. Feel free to try something out and I'll help all I can :)

Hi Paul i can't make the Mod this time ( previous engagement ) so if you could let me know when one of the rear camera kits comes available for posting i will be very grateful.

Rgds

Kevan

That's no problem at all mate. Shame you can't make it but I plan to start posting kits soon after the weekend :)

OK, so we fitted one of these kits to widget370Z's yellow 370Z at the Mod Day today and it worked like a charm :)

I'll update the fitting instructions soon and start an official 'for sale' thread when I have done so.

OK folks, I have put up an official For Sale thread here.

For those of you who have already PM'd me about a kit - I have your kit in stock now and I will PM you soon for payment and postage details.

For anyone else who is interested in the kit, please either PM me or post an interest here. I currently only have enough video converters for those who PM'd me previous to this post so there will be a small delay in me building your order.

Folks, my current stock of video converters is exhausted. So those who have asked me for one by PM will be fine, but there will be a short wait for anyone new wanting one.

If you are thinking of buying one of these kits in the next few months please let me know so I have an idea how many to order :)

If someone with this kit could take a photo of the Nav screen showing the reverse camera image I would appreciate it :)

• 10 months later...

Thanks Jim. I'm glad you're pleased with the kit :)

• 1 year later...

Hi Paul,

Fitted the camera kit to my 2009 model at the weekend and all is well. The scorching weather meant everything came apart easily (no broken clips) - even the connector on the back of the nav unit came out easily without the need for removing the unit.

This upgrade works brilliantly, after 5 years I can finally reverse the car without guessing the distance I have left. Money well spent!

Thanks

Shane

• Like 2

Thanks Shane. I'm really pleased you're happy with the kit :)

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Sorry, these are unavailable at the moment.

I will update this thread if and when I can find replacement components to make new kits up --> http://forums.nissansportz.com/topic/35757-currently-unavailable-for-sale-2009-370z-reversing-camera-kit-for-non-connect-premium-cars/

• 1 month later...