RJN Motorsport

The infamous tyre thread

Jbrougham

I know this has been mentioned before but most posts are old'ish. I want to replace the rubber on my13 Nismo and need your help? Just a normal quickish driver, no track days and not a lot of winter driving in the zed.

Some posts say have the fronts different as they do most of the removal of rain soaked roads others say all 4 the same

Some say Pilot Super Sports others Hankook.

Just need the forums long term advise as to not make a massive and expensive mistake.

At home fitting near Bristol or go to a tyre fitting depot. Bit nervy to allow an unknown to play with the rays and whilst researching there can be £100 per tyre price difference

Jim

• Like 1

Not sure if the Nismo requirements are any different to the ordinary 370 Jim. Someone will be along soon with their latest experience of a full boot change and prices. I'm sure all of the previously posted advice still stands, except I believe MPSS may have been withdrawn in the last 6 months.

Jeff.

• Like 1

Fred I - 350Z 2007 Gunmetal. 6 CD changer, full leather, reverse sensors. SOLD.
Fred II - 370Z GT 2011 Gunmetal. Premium connect. GT spec. Seriously un-modified. See-through windows, and a wheel at each corner. Sold 13 July 14. Gone.
Fred III - 2014 facelift 370GT. Magma red. Reversing sensors. Invidia Gemini CBE. Sold 2 April 2016.
Fred IV - 2016 Daytona Blue 370Z GT. Reversing sensors. K & N panel filters. Invidia Gemini CBE. Full front wrap - Ventureshield II.

I think if you want to Spend the money Conti's or Michelin. I have Hankook and they are fine. Bridgestone's were the original tyre. Personally if I had the money I would have Conti's - others swear by Michelin. Stay away from Avon - or anything you have never heard of :lol:

• Like 1

Current - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button. GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System. Custom Blank Button Delete Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Current - 2020 (20) Juke Tekna Plus, Gun Metal Grey/Red Contrast, DCT Gearbox, Clever Little Commuter Car

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

You can still get mpss and to be honest I wouldn't have anything else. I track my car and they are by far the best tyres I've had on the car.

Drip in both wet and dry are great and they wear well. I have done donington x2, Anglesey, nürburgring, 3000miles round Europe and still managed to last the year.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Current - 2009 GTR Premium, Stage 2
Current - 2010 370z Black Edition, DeCat, Milltek Exhaust, EcuTek, Custom Horsham Developments SC air 2 air, Reversing Camera, 20mm Eibach Spacers, Braded SS Brake Lines. Plus many more mods. Currently running 551/400
Black Skoda Fabia, too many mods to mention 290BHP now with the son.

• 3 weeks later...