Adrian Flux

Start Button - Ok I had to do it.

LESmo

Ok its nearly 3 years and I finally had to do it. I am brave enough I think to do this or keep it until I come to an event when someone can help.

I have bought this:

https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/370z/body-styling/interior/3885-370z-nismo-oem-start-button-assembly-pack-25151-jf00a48474-6ga0d.html

From one of our traders. I like the idea of changing the surround as well as the button.

Will post up pictures after its installed.

• Like 3

Current - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button. GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System. Custom Blank Button Delete Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Current - 2020 (20) Juke Tekna Plus, Gun Metal Grey/Red Contrast, DCT Gearbox, Clever Little Commuter Car

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Finally Les! :lol:

It's a simple but really nice mod. You'll see the difference in quality of the buttons when the new one arrives. You'll appreciate the red one every day :)

If you're not feeling brave then I'll happily help fit it, but I'm sure you'll be fine.

I've not seen the red ring before. I think it would suit your car, but I probably wouldn't put it on mine.

• Like 1

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Z* with a plethora of minor bespoke mods'

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

Cheers Guys - I think I have some tools from fitting the Nismo Carbon Side Entry Guards. I will go and take a look. I must admit the Red surround was a bonus.

If I start and don't feel like it I will stop - but I did the LED Light modules and from the excellent instructions on here - I think its just unplug and plug back together again. But if I chicken out I will keep it for a event. Likely Leeds Castle... :wiggle:

• Like 1

Current - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button. GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System. Custom Blank Button Delete Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Current - 2020 (20) Juke Tekna Plus, Gun Metal Grey/Red Contrast, DCT Gearbox, Clever Little Commuter Car

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Don't worry, I've a few spares if it all goes horribly wrong!

post-245-148076008816_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

That looks a million times better. Should have had it in the first place.

• Like 1

I'll show you my button too, just because :lol:

gallery_245_77_48456.jpg

The two side by side:

gallery_245_77_18489.jpg

:)

Everyone needs a little bit of GT-R in their life!

• Like 1

Must be good for 10+bhp.

I lie and quote it as 12 more ;)

• Like 1

To start use a plastic screwdriver to pop the whole button out like this. You will hear a click dont worry.

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b550/kevantulip/DSCF2091_zps6e67ff19.jpg
( this is the tool i used to remove the original button )

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b550/kevantulip/DSCF2088_zps09c4605b.jpg

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b550/kevantulip/DSCF2090_zps1604799f.jpg

After you pop it out, disconnect the plug.

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b550/kevantulip/DSCF2089_zps134778ce.jpg

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b550/kevantulip/DSCF2092_zpse5b808f1.jpg

Lastly just push the side of the button and push it upward to take the original start button out. Than reinsert the RED GTR BUTTON!

FINALLY simply reconnect the plug and push the buttons back in place and ohhhh yeahhhh http://www.the370z.com/images/smilies/ughdance.gif there you go the red button!
  • Like 2

Cheers Kev T great instructions. I do have one of those plastic tools from when I did the Carbon Door Guards, Even I must be able to do this. Its my Christmas Present from my wife so I will have to wait until Christmas to fit it.

How come? I don't like all mods either but if it gives pleasure to the person who's done it then no harms done :)

• Like 1

Wins most pointless mod ever award??

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Nah. I've done plenty more pointless mods than this one. Bought a small metal Z pin off ebay once, sawed the pin off it and glued the Z to the gear surround on my 350z, just above the stick. Looked lovely.

Even worse than that - I painted silver enamel on the Z's in the door panel air outlets. You could never see them :)

This could form the basis of a good thread - thanks DT.

• Like 3

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

My Wife said if thats what you want and makes you happy.

I love the Zed its a car you can keep doing bits too from the day you buy it to the day you wave goodbye. From Large projects we have seen here with Turbo's and alike to stickers - it just allows people to make it the way they want. Their car. No two really are alike for very long.

I guess if it was such a bad idea - Nissan wouldn't have bothered with it on the V2 Nismo...... oh yes they did.... :bleh:

• Like 4

Tracking says it has been delivered :)

Thanks for your order, Les!

• Like 1

torqen-logo-forum.jpg

WEB SHOP:

http://www.torqen.uk

We're available via email at sales@torqen.uk or via telephone/text/iMessage/WhatsApp/Viber on 075 99 13 99 99.

PRICE MATCH:

We operate a Price Match policy, please don't be afraid to use the feature present throughout our webshop

SUPPORT:

Not sure if a product or package is right for you? Please don't be afraid to ask, PM us and we'll do our best to help you in the shortest possible time.

Check our TRADER and FEEDBACK sections!

ABOUT US:

Find out more about us HERE.

Thanks for the great service - yes got it. I took a quick peak... but now I have to hand it over to become my XMAS present. Roll on Boxing Day!!

• Like 3

Thanks for the great service - yes got it. I took a quick peak... but now I have to hand it over to become my XMAS present. Roll on Boxing Day!!

That'll be a nice surprise for you. Make sure you're good for the next 2 weeks, or you might be lumbered with that little white button.

Out of interest, why the f*** aren't you fitting it on Christmas day?

• Like 1

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to be a pain could you put up a night shot please

Sorry for the delay mate. I did take a picture last night and realised I had the flash on :bang:

A picture of the old one and the new one in the dark.

post-123-0-06008200-1483556260_thumb.jpg

post-123-0-68586500-1483556262_thumb.jpg