Advertise Here

Help Needed - Unsecure Zed

J Hutch

So recently my 6 year old battery died suddenly, but my Zed is only doing short journeys.

Bosch battery fitted eventually after deconstruction of my engine bay and my engine started first time in a week and most of electrics work.

Now my driver window is 2/3 down and every time I open the door the window drops a little more as it would usually but doesn't rise.

My electric windows aren't working or my electric seats.

Westway will look at it but can't fit me in until 18 April.

Can anyone help, I'm possibly looking at taking my Zed to my local garage who service it, but not sure if this has to be sorted by Nissan?

<del class='bbc'>2007 Azure Blue 350Z GT 300</del><br />

2011 Twilight Grey 370Z GT Auto<br />

Dreaming of a GT-R

There is a window reset procedure you can do yourself. From memory...

Put the window to the top.

Press and hold the button to put the window all the way down and keep pressing the button a couple of seconds

Put the window all the way up and keep your finger on the button a couple of seconds.

I think that's it. If not, have a search on here

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Z* with a plethora of minor bespoke mods'

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

I think the window information is in the manual, I have a Nismo 370z. Loss of electric seats is strange has a fuse has blown? Just wonder whether taking the negative battery lead off for a few minutes might have an effect, like a computer hard reset. Hope you can get it fixed soon and make the vehicle secure.

Previous 2010 370Z Coupe GT Premium Connect Vibrant Red. My introduction to the world of Zed.

Previous 2014 370Z Nismo v2 Vibrant Red. Sold.

Current Range Rover Evoque Autobiography 2 litre petrol turbo 290bhp.

The manual only refers to the fix that Paul suggested before. Then refers me to a dealership.

Looks like I'm going to hand over a chunk of my hard earned money to Westway. :cc_hang:

Dreaming of a GT-R

Please blast me I hate saying things like this as it may just be a fuse - but doesn't the Body Control Module control both the seats and the Windows? But not the heating of the seats... Can you switch the heater seats on - if you have leather of course (I only have a cheap Nismo they don't have those seats :oops: )

The fact the window is dropping suggests the motor is ok. I have attached some technical info - but cannot see a direct symptom vs problem listed. I confess I haven't read through the whole document though.

2014-nissan-370z-45222.pdf

• Like 1

Current - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button. GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System. Custom Blank Button Delete Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Current - 2020 (20) Juke Tekna Plus, Gun Metal Grey/Red Contrast, DCT Gearbox, Clever Little Commuter Car

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

I've had a look at the fuse. The power windows fuse is in a sealed triple fuse next to ABS, I saw nothing referring to the electric seats.

The heated seats and every other electrical system works.

Dreaming of a GT-R

It should just pull out, and I think it's going to be a trip to Nissan.

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Z* with a plethora of minor bespoke mods'

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

It's booked in Tuesday but if can avoid going I will.

I think it's criminal charging £120 for diagnostic then £95 per hour of labour after. I can't rationalise the cost.

Dreaming of a GT-R

Wow I thought the BMW was expensive at £75 to plug the laptop in. I hope its something simple like the fuse. I don't suppose the old trick of disconnecting the battery - leaving it for a few hours and plugging it back on will help. Just in case something got itself confused.

Current - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button. GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System. Custom Blank Button Delete Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Current - 2020 (20) Juke Tekna Plus, Gun Metal Grey/Red Contrast, DCT Gearbox, Clever Little Commuter Car

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

The battery dying caused the issues. I hope it is just a fuse as the windows move down when I open the door so the motor seems to work just not the switches.

I'll try and get the fuse out again. It been sat there for 6 years so well and truly fixed in place.

Dreaming of a GT-R

Did you fit the battery or did someone else do it for you? There is absolutely no way the polarity got accidently swapped during install and then put right is there?

I swapped the battery and everything went back from where it came.

I find it hard to see how fuse would blow by the battery diving and new one being installed.

Dreaming of a GT-R

That's great - that's ruled out damage due to polarity being reversed.

I cannot find anything on the net for the 370z - but I found this.... Its not the same car but given they share so many bits - I have many bits I have added from GT-R's which of course make the car soooo much faster :D

http://forums.nicoclub.com/07-max-se-locks-windows-and-power-seat-not-working-t550328.html

Don't like the sound of a new BCM, see it going to be expensive but it basically same issues I have.

I going to dis connect battery tonight and reconnect and see if I can at least get the windows up and watertight rather then blue plastic I've had to tape onto the car.

Little worried about paint work but used packaging tape and scotch tape as I figure there less likely to take the paint off.

Dreaming of a GT-R

Should come off nicely with Polish. We used to Bodge Tape race cars all the time huc hum... when they gave a Porsche a little love tap. So that should be fine.

Lets hope a power off fixes it. I hope its not the BCM - I really do. Lets stay positive :thumbs:

I've just had this about 10 mins ago!

Turned the car off, opened the door and the window lowered a bit. Closed the door, opened it and it lowered again.

I was and able to get the window back up again, but had to climb out the passenger side in the end to lock the car without the drivers window opening.

I'm a little concerned, I'm going to try and reset the window now and see if that resolves the issues.

White 370Z GT with Invidia Gemini CBE

Update on my Zed:

It went to Westway this morning and the fault has been tracked to a seat wire that had rubbed and burnt out, tripping the other components.

The wire can be repaired without the need fir a new wiring harness. :kicking:

If anybody is looking for a Zed they had a 2 year old facelift white 370z manual outside with 4586 miles on the clock for £24k.

• Like 3

Dreaming of a GT-R

Which Westway is that Hutch?

Fred I - 350Z 2007 Gunmetal. 6 CD changer, full leather, reverse sensors. SOLD.
Fred II - 370Z GT 2011 Gunmetal. Premium connect. GT spec. Seriously un-modified. See-through windows, and a wheel at each corner. Sold 13 July 14. Gone.
Fred III - 2014 facelift 370GT. Magma red. Reversing sensors. Invidia Gemini CBE. Sold 2 April 2016.
Fred IV - 2016 Daytona Blue 370Z GT. Reversing sensors. K & N panel filters. Invidia Gemini CBE. Full front wrap - Ventureshield II.

At least its fixable - thats great news. And its not the very expensive BCM.... that would have hurt looking at the prices on the net. Do you adjust your seat very much?