Advertise Here

Photobucket.com - grrrrrrr - really angry...

Chubbs

May I apologise to everyone, although it's not my fault...

I've used Photobucket.com for several years to store & host many of the images I've posted on this forum. Sadly they seem to be getting a bit greedy (unless there's a blip in the system somewhere). They've retrospectively blocked my images to this site and having followed their link to 'change my settings' I find that they want $399.99 per year for the privilege of me linking you to my own images on their site!

Ermmmm - I think I may not take up their kind offer!

Instead, I shall gradually remove everything from their duff website and go elsewhere.

Please be patient if you see one of photobucket's stupid images below, instead of one of my lovely photos. Grrrrrrrrr...

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g78/chubbylover88/Hookaloogie.jpg

...unless of course someone knows how I can circumvent their blocking of my hotlinking?

• Like 4

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

You're spot on there, Geoff.

Up until a few months ago I hadn't used it for a year or two, and the standard (free) version seemed then to be very slow due to all the adverts and consequently they were pushing the speed of their paid-for service. It now seems they've gone even more extreme. Or silly. Or selfish.

Like you, my hope is that there's either a way around it or that they see sense and go back to the two-speed system. I don't at all mind a slower or more delayed service with a few adverts if it's free, with the option of paying a repeat fee if you want the faster service. I bet they'll lose a lot of visits and goodwill if they persist with their new policy.

• Like 1

They've employed an 'interesting' tactic in trying to get more revenue. I can't see them being in business much longer...

Tim's whole amazing build thread has been hit hard too :angry:

• Like 2

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Z* with a plethora of minor bespoke mods'

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

Way to put off a load of customers and advertisers. I think Paul is right. Welcome to the new world of Amazon, Google or Microsoft. They will be prime real estate. Shame when companies disrespect their customer and even if they are not paying anything they are still customers. Sounds like desperation from the boardroom.

Its the lack of notice. Apparently its really hit Ebay and Amazon Marketplace.

Current - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button. GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System. Custom Blank Button Delete Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Current - 2020 (20) Juke Tekna Plus, Gun Metal Grey/Red Contrast, DCT Gearbox, Clever Little Commuter Car

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

That explains it. I've been trying to check out your photos as I'm very close to buying a grey 370 myself and am finding it hard to find any decent current photos of the colour. Frustrating I see the threads with exactly what I'm after than when I click on it I can't see anything :(

I've used www.flickr.com for absolutely years. $25 a year for unlimited storage. suits me.

The irony is I do have my own webspace but flickr is just so convenient.

• Like 1

That explains it. I've been trying to check out your photos as I'm very close to buying a grey 370 myself and am finding it hard to find any decent current photos of the colour. Frustrating I see the threads with exactly what I'm after than when I click on it I can't see anything :(

I've moved my sig pic from Photophucket.com, so you can see the grey colour just below this sentence vvvvvv

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B