Advertise Here

What have you done for your GT-R today?

2016 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate - Daily commuting tardis!

2016 Nissan Squishsquash - The economical runabout!

1965 VW Beetle - (Very) Long-term Project Car!

2007 Audi RS4 Avant - 400hp load lugger!

2004 Nissan 350z - How can I squeeze another car on my driveway?!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

(I cant believe we don't already have this thread - or do we?)   3rd Service for the GT-R today (last of the Service Pack (e.g. "free") ones. This one was triggered by date, 12 months since the last (

Liberated the R from storage yesterday and this morning had Wheel Alignment done and previously fitted new tyres filled with Nitrogen - princely sum of £41.59. Oh... and I might have had a little run

With all this nice weather and despite my car being clean and sat in the garage, I decided to give her some TLC. So I've cleaned the wheels/tyres up, detailed her and then applied a Liquid Ceramic Wax

Posted Images

Shame about my mileage... but it has been well looked after 😄

• Like 1

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - "Muttley" (it was the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - "The Expensive Mistress"
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - "Dumbo"
Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R MY11 with Recaros - "The General"
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - "Dastardly"
[Volkswagen Up! GTi, 5-door, White]

• 3 weeks later...

Well nothing to interesting to report, but I have had the car for nearly a year now (24th) and the the odometer just passed 40K. Thats 7k miles in a year, which given a 3 month lockdown I dont think is too bad. Still on the same tyres and there is plenty of rubber left.

• Like 1

Current - 2009 GTR Premium, Stage 2
Current - 2010 370z Black Edition, DeCat, Milltek Exhaust, EcuTek, Custom Horsham Developments SC air 2 air, Reversing Camera, 20mm Eibach Spacers, Braded SS Brake Lines. Plus many more mods. Currently running 551/400
Black Skoda Fabia, too many mods to mention 290BHP now with the son.

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - "Muttley" (it was the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - "The Expensive Mistress"

Yep. I have 2 of these.

Current - 2010 370z Black Edition, DeCat, Milltek Exhaust, EcuTek, Custom Horsham Developments SC air 2 air, Reversing Camera, 20mm Eibach Spacers, Braded SS Brake Lines. Plus many more mods. Currently running 551/400

Yep. I have 2 of these.

Work ok? Do they drop out when jack lowered?

I have some similar John :thumbs:

2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads, Flat bottomed steering wheel
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

I went to visit my R yesterday and decided to check the brake pad and disk wear (with my new micrometer). So, one wheel off at a time and this is what I found at just under 36k miles.

Pads. All sets have plenty left on them and I took photos to record.

Disk Fronts. Spec: New = 32.6 mm, min = 30.6.

Actual: n/s = 32.0, o/s = 32.1.

Disk Rears. Spec: New = 30mm, min = 28.

Actuals: n/s = 29.2, o/s = 29.2.

I've known for many years my driving style is not hard on brakes but nice to be reassured especially as at last service was told that at next service, due in Oct, I would need new pads and disks all round...

(I ache a bit today though!)

• Like 3

That's reassuring John. Being kind on brakes does save you £££!

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Z* with a plethora of minor bespoke mods'

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

• 2 months later...

In preparation for spending even more money on my R, I today insured and taxed ready for release from storage.

VED: £580pa

Insurance: £257.70pa to put it back on my multi-car policy (which is halfway through its 12 month period so only actually paid: £127.79).

• Like 1

In preparation for spending even more money on my R,

Do tell sir ............... :D

2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads, Flat bottomed steering wheel
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

G3 Service + Optimisation + MOT. Nothing too exciting I'm afraid!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Liberated the R from storage yesterday and this morning had Wheel Alignment done and previously fitted new tyres filled with Nitrogen - princely sum of £41.59. Oh... and I might have had a little run out to get the rust of the disks...

• Like 4

That's good to hear John. I bet if felt like a space rocket after not having driven it for a long time :teeth:

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Z* with a plethora of minor bespoke mods'

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

• 4 weeks later...

That time of year. MOT. Passed without issue :thumbs:

• Like 3

That time of year. MOT. Passed without issue :thumbs:

Funnily enough, I've just booked my service and MOT in with Litchfield - for FRIDAY 13TH NOVEMBER!!! :wacko: Eeeek.

Vehicle health check revealed a worn bush on rear anti-roll bar (potential MOT fail).

I havent owned a 5 year old GT-R before 😄 so would this be considered fair wear and tear at 35k miles?

Sounds a bit fishy to me. Who checked it?

My previous 7.5 year old one at 77,000 miles never had any suspension bush issues.

2016 GT-R Recaro Black. Stage 1 engine and gearbox remap epic!

No 1 GT-R Black Black from Marshalls. Helmet signed by Mizuno...

Paul_S Reversing Camera - Sold.

Sept 01 2004 Z GT gunmetal Alezan gone but not forgotten

I saw it for myself. Definitely knackered.

Trawling the forums there are a few cases of that but looks very rare.

Will add that to the buyers guide.

2016 GT-R Recaro Black. Stage 1 engine and gearbox remap epic!

No 1 GT-R Black Black from Marshalls. Helmet signed by Mizuno...

Paul_S Reversing Camera - Sold.

Sept 01 2004 Z GT gunmetal Alezan gone but not forgotten

Cheers Paul. Anyway... this years Optimisation done, G3 service done, and MOT passed. I wonder if I'll still have it this time next year...

Had a service and inspection today. All good.

Also fitted a custom DSC controller for the suspension to make it completely active. I replaced the original Nissan battery as it was starting to struggle after 2 days on none driving, but 11 year on the original battery is OK i think.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Passed it's MOT today and had the 108K service (car has about 43,000 on the clock). Having to replace the sump as it's corroding and I'm upgrading the ait filters to K&N. 

Won't be picking her back up from Litchfield to till the morning but the service from them has been great as always.