Advertise Here

What have you done for your GT-R today?

JohnFK

Got my car back from Litchfield yesterday with a spangly new intercooler from a hardly used 2019 GTR (sadly they didn't have any of the upgrades in stock and I didn't want to wait with the CAT day fast approaching). A great deal  by Neil at Litchfield and not having spent a fortune, still leaves me the option to upgrade to a higher stage including new intercooler at that point.

So, to celebrate I've just spent 3 odd hours cleaning her. Started with Espuma wheel cleaner, then a good hose down and wash with Simoniz Car Wash, microfibre and thorough dry and then gave it the CPS Liquid Gold treatment (Ceramic protection with Carnuba in it) before applying with Chemical Guys tyre dressing. Quite pleased with the results ..........

GTR 250421.jpg

• Like 6

2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads, Flat bottomed steering wheel
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

So was the intercooler the cause of the alarming warning light?

Oh, and the car looks beautiful!

Fred I - 350Z 2007 Gunmetal. 6 CD changer, full leather, reverse sensors. SOLD.
Fred II - 370Z GT 2011 Gunmetal. Premium connect. GT spec. Seriously un-modified. See-through windows, and a wheel at each corner. Sold 13 July 14. Gone.
Fred III - 2014 facelift 370GT. Magma red. Reversing sensors. Invidia Gemini CBE. Sold 2 April 2016.
Fred IV - 2016 Daytona Blue 370Z GT. Reversing sensors. K & N panel filters. Invidia Gemini CBE. Full front wrap - Ventureshield II.
Billy – 2022 Jaguar F-Type R 575PS. Portofino blue. Front ppf and full ceramic finish.

That is great news. 

ive been having “fun” with my windscreen change after a crack appeared.  Now on my 8th visit to get the auto light and wiper function working after they have had 3 attempts at changing it and a second windscreen. The idiots cut the wires and shorted it out blowing a fuse and causing no power to the OBD port and caused the heater control memory to be lost. 

Also had numerous attempts at getting new Vodafone trackers to pair with the car. They didn’t realise they had changed the frequency the remote works at!

5 year service and mot all went well with no surprises and got new Dunlop’s. 

• Like 1

2016 GT-R Recaro Black. Stage 1 engine and gearbox remap epic!

No 1 GT-R Black Black from Marshalls. Helmet signed by Mizuno...

Paul_S Reversing Camera - Sold.

Sept 01 2004 Z GT gunmetal Alezan gone but not forgotten

1 hour ago, Neutreus said:

Got my car back from Litchfield yesterday with a spangly new intercooler from a hardly used 2019 GTR (sadly they didn't have any of the upgrades in stock and I didn't want to wait with the CAT day fast approaching). A great deal  by Neil at Litchfield and not having spent a fortune, still leaves me the option to upgrade to a higher stage including new intercooler at that point.

So, to celebrate I've just spent 3 odd hours cleaning her. Started with Espuma wheel cleaner, then a good hose down and wash with Simoniz Car Wash, microfibre and thorough dry and then gave it the CPS Liquid Gold treatment (Ceramic protection with Carnuba in it) before applying with Chemical Guys tyre dressing. Quite pleased with the results ..........

GTR 250421.jpg

Great news mate.  Looking very good too! B)

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Z* with a plethora of minor bespoke mods'

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

1 hour ago, paul_k said:

That is great news. 

ive been having “fun” with my windscreen change after a crack appeared.  Now on my 8th visit to get the auto light and wiper function working after they have had 3 attempts at changing it and a second windscreen. The idiots cut the wires and shorted it out blowing a fuse and causing no power to the OBD port and caused the heater control memory to be lost. 

Also had numerous attempts at getting new Vodafone trackers to pair with the car. They didn’t realise they had changed the frequency the remote works at!

Flip!  What a nightmare mate.

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Z* with a plethora of minor bespoke mods'

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

2 hours ago, Neutreus said:

GTR 250421.jpg

Shiny! 👌

Black Pearl 2010 (60) 370Z Auto GT Pack Connect Premium - 'Cool Dad'
EBC Ultimax (slotted) front discs and Ferodo DS2500 front pads
- auf wiedersehen pet
Storm White 2014 (64) 370Z Nismo #376 - the new 'Cool Dad'
GT-R Brake Fluid II

2 hours ago, Jeff-W said:

So was the intercooler the cause of the alarming warning light?

Oh, and the car looks beautiful!

Yes it was mate. I had a look at the one that came off the car and you could see where it was cracked. So basically under max torque the various sensors knew the car wasn't getting the good stuff and went into 'take me home' mode.

Tested her thoroughly on the way back just to be sure :teeth:

2 hours ago, paul_k said:

That is great news. 

That is the sort of fun you don't need Paul - sorry to hear of the problems fella.

• Like 1

2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads, Flat bottomed steering wheel
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

Auto light and wiper sensor changed by Nissan Aldershot and fault finally sorted. Well done westway Nissan! They also had to re solder the wires that had been cut and incorrectly wired up by Autowindscreens Reading when they broke the plug then shorted it out and fused the car. 
Avoid Autowindscreens Reading. 
A few photos of there disgraceful workmanship enclosed. 

6C25A239-B4EF-47AA-8825-98CB5D8DC4B6.png

2B70D92B-E072-4758-A505-BB1F4CD3745A.png

4E39D626-DCDA-40D1-96AB-E574CEE4D1A5.png

Wow, that's ridiculous. Have you sent them a strongly worded letter I assume Paul? (Autowindscreens that is - well done to Westover)

• 9 months later...

After having plugged my car battery into it's intrevenious drip charger/reconditioner and covered the car up last November, I today uncovered the GTR and started her up (first time without missing a beat) and let the engine run for a good 30 minutes. 

Planning on re-taxing in March but noticed the front left is flat. However, the two fronts need changing anyway so as long as I can get plenty of air in and a short drive to Litchfield, that'll be remedied.

Starting to think about all the post winter checks and cleaning now, in readiness for a (hopefull) busy year!

I thoroughly enjoy driving the GTR, but driving it all year, in all weather, with the condition of the roads can take its toll. Last MOT showed a nail in the inner 3rd of a newish rear tyre. Nail removed with no loss of air and all is good. Roll on January....... First really cold weather and I noticed the same tyre losing air. 5 days, then 4 days then every day. So a dry weekend I decided to remove the wheel and have a look.

PXL_20211228_145101343~2.jpg

So off I went in search of a some replacement's. So changed them up for some newer DBA wheels

tapatalk_-50150339.jpeg

However, me being me didn't fancy them a standard colour, plus they had a little scuffing.

So.

PXL_20220113_123542326.MP~2.jpg

A nice satin bronze.

Although using the car for a few weeks and the weather not being so great the car now looks a little sorry for itself.

PXL_20220210_123224095.MP.jpg

PXL_20220210_123203490.MP.jpg

PXL_20220210_123209122.MP.jpg

• Like 1

Current - 2009 GTR Premium, Stage 4.25
Current - 2010 370z Black Edition, DeCat, Milltek Exhaust, EcuTek, Custom Horsham Developments SC air 2 air, Reversing Camera, 20mm Eibach Spacers, Braded SS Brake Lines. Plus many more mods. Currently running 551/400
Black Skoda Fabia, too many mods to mention 290BHP now with the son.

Yes, had the cracked inner rear rim problem on my 09. No problems so far on the DBA wheels. 

2 hours ago, paul_k said:

Yes, had the cracked inner rear rim problem on my 09. No problems so far on the DBA wheels. 

To be fair, its not the first time. I had the front go when I was in Munich. Most inconvenient.

Current - 2010 370z Black Edition, DeCat, Milltek Exhaust, EcuTek, Custom Horsham Developments SC air 2 air, Reversing Camera, 20mm Eibach Spacers, Braded SS Brake Lines. Plus many more mods. Currently running 551/400

• 2 weeks later...

Have re-taxed the GTR from today and she is booked in to Litchfield to have 4 new MPSS 4's fitted along with unseizing a track rod. Should all be ready then for a very busy spring/summer.

• Like 2

Straight through the MOT with no advisories and 6 year service completed. 
just needed rusty under tray hardware replacing. Shame Nissan have done nothing  to stop this since the CBA days. 
Bellhousing all good though. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Latest service completed. Just turned 60k (that 30k since I've owned it)miles and I had to top the oil up for the first time.

Ash at SRD kindly washed off all of the pollen

Switched to 10w60 and added and engine breather to help with the oil burn

This service was a little expensive as the ball joints on the lower arms where completely worn, and Nissan in their wisdom require you to replace the lower arms, but ordered them from Amayama and saved £400.

Also needed to replace the y-pipe due to leaks on the flexi.

engine breather.jpeg

clean.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Yes Litchfield picked up lower ball joints on mine 2 years ago. Was never mentioned on my 09 car. £1500 I think. 

I spot a trend. When I had my tyres replaced in March, Litchfield pointed out that one of my lower ball joints was wearing - didn't say it needed replacing yet though.

Considering I'm not mechanically minded, can someone advise at what point I should consider replacing it - when I hear a knocking or is there other signs to look for?

(Had a chance encounter with an RX7 and a Skyline R34 while driving through the Peak District on Sunday and the suspension seemed fine on our 'spirited' drive)

I noticed a knocking when the car was cold, especially when staggering speed humps. My friendly MOT guy let me have a look underneath and pointed out that the bush was worn.

I contacted SRD and they confirmed that given age and mileage that the arms were the likely cause, so at the next service I got them to check. 

I made the decision then to order the arms (i replaced both as it makes sense) which came to £1200 including delivery and import duties versus £1600+ from Nissan.

I didnt get them changed until the next service which would have been around 4500k miles, so I likely did 7-8000k miles with them worn. This decision was made from talking to Lee @SRD  who said as long as I could live with the knocking nothing much would happen, only concern was it the failed entirely and popped out. Obviously they didnt.

As I say I never had an issued driving spirited as the suspension is under load, its generally slower driving over bumpy roads/speedhumps that cause the issue.

Personally I would replace both as it saves costs and if one is wearing then so is the other.

Oh and you'll need a geo done.

• Like 1