What have I done for my Nismo today?

weekly warm through and turn around on the drive...

692360275_Zdash.jpg.9cf9a9dbfd3c81e44eff9e09ad0cd94e.jpg

Happy Boxing Day!

• Like 3

Black Pearl 2010 (60) 370Z Auto GT Pack Connect Premium - 'Cool Dad'
EBC Ultimax (slotted) front discs and Ferodo DS2500 front pads
- auf wiedersehen pet
Storm White 2014 (64) 370Z Nismo #376 - the new 'Cool Dad'

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

rear plate...  

Dear Friends, I will cover your concerns as such. Mr Chubbs I liken myself to one Mr Jenson Button smooth on the controls and sympathetic to the equipment.. I did wonder if you would notice the W B

Washed her again.     How does she get dirty? 0 miles in 8 weeks!   Keep safe all

Posted Images

after a 15 mile round journey on New Year's Day, delivering essentials, i took a break from operation 'clear out the garage' to give her a clean...

Clean030121.jpg.390771dcb4b6caeedd92a5a230de4fbb.jpg

it's now raining...

• Like 2

- auf wiedersehen pet

Top Job there John.  Only thing that will come form this Pandemic is I think our house has about 2 Tonnes of less stuff in it 😄

Current - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button. GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System. Custom Blank Button Delete Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Current - 2020 (20) Juke Tekna Plus, Gun Metal Grey/Red Contrast, DCT Gearbox, Clever Little Commuter Car

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

22 minutes ago, LESmo said:

Top Job there John.  Only thing that will come form this Pandemic is I think our house has about 2 Tonnes of less stuff in it 😄

yep, late 2019 was operation 'clear out the loft'...guess where the 'we need to keep that' stuff ended up...🤣

very early 2021 is operation 'clear out the garage'...🤣...

it keeps me fit!

I'm not far away from the car fitting back in the garage ☺️ - does anyone have any recommendations for a garage floor hoover? Mine is very dusty/and it's a job i've been meaning to do. I'm not looking to go F1 style garage floor clean, but not getting the car mats dirty would be nice - Karcher WD5?

• Like 1

- auf wiedersehen pet

42 minutes ago, John_K said:

yep, late 2019 was operation 'clear out the loft'...guess where the 'we need to keep that' stuff ended up...🤣

very early 2021 is operation 'clear out the garage'...🤣...

it keeps me fit!

I'm not far away from the car fitting back in the garage ☺️ - does anyone have any recommendations for a garage floor hoover? Mine is very dusty/and it's a job i've been meaning to do. I'm not looking to go F1 style garage floor clean, but not getting the car mats dirty would be nice - Karcher WD5?

A problem I know well that one. My garage has a concrete floor and no matter what I do, it constantly has concrete dust everywhere. I've tried hosing out the entire garage and sweeping it all out but it's like the Terminator, it just keeps coming back.

I toyed with getting the garage treated or laying down some sort of surface but have done nowt about it yet. 

2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads, Flat bottomed steering wheel
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

The previous house owner had finished the garage floor with some form of concrete paint (about the only maintenance they did do) so I blow all the dust out with the leaf blower. If I'm feeling enthusiastic, it then gets mopped.

The floor paint is effort well-spent.

(Edit: Especially if somebody else did it).

• Like 1

Fred I - 350Z 2007 Gunmetal. 6 CD changer, full leather, reverse sensors. SOLD.
Fred II - 370Z GT 2011 Gunmetal. Premium connect. GT spec. Seriously un-modified. See-through windows, and a wheel at each corner. Sold 13 July 14. Gone.
Fred III - 2014 facelift 370GT. Magma red. Reversing sensors. Invidia Gemini CBE. Sold 2 April 2016.
Fred IV - 2016 Daytona Blue 370Z GT. Reversing sensors. K & N panel filters. Invidia Gemini CBE. Full front wrap - Ventureshield II.

I have a dust sheet down at the moment and the mini sits on top of that. I have no idea if its better but it seems to be.  I painted the floor last Summer but the tyres lift the pain and the ground sheet seems to have stopped that.

• Like 1

Current - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button. GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System. Custom Blank Button Delete Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Current - 2020 (20) Juke Tekna Plus, Gun Metal Grey/Red Contrast, DCT Gearbox, Clever Little Commuter Car

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

A few bits need sorting on the Nismo as it comes to its 7th Birthday in March - the daily commute and living outside.  I think I also want to take the opportunity to get the car ready for events later this year (fingers crossed).

So contacted the dealer to get costs - couple of items I will fit myself and the other I will have the dealer fit.

New Front, Rear and Wing Mirror Stripes - as the Mirror and Front Stripes are showing their age now - I may as well do the rear as that's the same ago and has cleaning product on the edge.  (Possibly the most expensive stickers in the world 🙂 )

New Fuel Filler Cap and tether (as the tether has snapped this winter) - Its a complete unit so have to swap the whole thing out.

New Nismo Steering Wheel - as mine is warn and I will keep the old one and get it re-trimmed when I need a swap in years to come.  Hopefully with less mileage the new one will see the car for a number of years.

There are a few other small signs of age and use - but these are the main things I think need to be sorted.  Hopefully I can get the steering wheel swapped at the Service and MOT in February and I will do the other items in the workshop at work when the weather is better.  I know one owner removed their stripes but I want to get them back to how they were on day 1.

• Like 2

New mats have arrived and even have small mats for behind the seats.

bc8f74d2c109382664f7eed853cca412.jpg
33a2484ab5c8fd6e8ea20fe88ccdf0ee.jpg
702fb2f933c9360d30f2a8dc1cda3b1c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Very nice Les :)

Don't forget to wipe your feet before you get in the car!

• Like 1

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Z* with a plethora of minor bespoke mods'

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

I discovered the other day that I have two tread depth gauges in the Up!

Thanks CATDT!

• Like 1

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - "Muttley" (it was the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - "The Expensive Mistress"
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - "Dumbo"
Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R MY11 with Recaros - "The General"
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - "Dastardly"
[Volkswagen Up! GTi, 5-door, White]