Adrian Flux

I got my hands on a Shenzhen special android unit straight from a supplier!

It's an android box with a plug and play harness for the 370z.

Specs:
Android 6.0 (soon to be 8.0), T3 1.2ghz Quad-Core processor, 2gb RAM, 16gb ROM, with support for mirrorlink (for phones), micro SD, USB ports, GPS, Bluetooth, WiFi etc.

The good points:
It's easy to install, integrates well with existing Nissan system. All plug and play and hidden away behind the centre console. I had the centre console stripped, the kit fitted and everything put back together again in just over an hour or so.

It displays any android app on the premium connect touchscreen - I've got Google Maps, Waze, Play store, Music, Voice Search, Samsung browser and Torque installed on mine. It also accepts audio/video playback via sdcard and usb. As well as the ability to set a password or code to lock it all down.

It's a dual boot system. You can switch between the premium connect and Android systems easily by cycling through the aux button or holding down on a back button for 2 secs.

Steering wheel controls still work. Up & down cycles through music, and vol controls change the volume.

Info button is the home button on android.

Day/night display dimming button works as normal.

Reversing camera works as normal.

Not so good points:
The install instructions it comes with aren't great. I spent a lot of time confirming things with the supplier before installing. But once I had cleared up a few things, physical install is straightforward.

The stock launcher is a bit basic for my liking, so I've installed a 3rd party car dash app and set it to be the default home launcher, and I think you might agree it looks much better!

Audio out is currently only via a 3.5mm cable, plugged into a usb converter and then plugged into the usb port in the centre cubby. Not the tidiest setup. But there are loads of phono/RCA cables in the kit for AV in and out, so maybe I could run them to the Bose box in the boot? TBC.

I've only had it for a couple of days, so still playing around with it. But I'm pretty impressed with it so far!

LIST OF THOSE INTERESTED IN A GROUP BUY FOR THIS MOD:

cozzie
Ste_ac

post-9513-0-96624800-1558039687_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-09026700-1558039710_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-52672900-1558039730_thumb.jpg

Edited by Neutreus
Group info added
  • Like 8

Looking good. And something I need because my 59 plate GT unit is pretty much broken.

I currently have a samsung tablet mounted over the top, and connected to aux in.

What did it replace? Difficult to strip out old?

Laurence

• Like 1

Hmm, thanks for that.

'Premium connect' already tells me that it's a different unit - nothing premium about the 59 version.

At the moment the tablet serves but it's a real cludge.

Will read with interest any changes/updates you make.

Laurence

• Like 1

I got my hands on a Shenzhen special android unit straight from a supplier!

It's an android box with a plug and play harness for the 370z.

Specs:

Android 6.0 (soon to be 8.0), T3 1.2ghz Quad-Core processor, 2gb RAM, 16gb ROM, with support for mirrorlink (for phones), micro SD, USB ports, GPS, Bluetooth, WiFi etc.

I've only had it for a couple of days, so still playing around with it. But I'm pretty impressed with it so far!

What a great modification for the car and a great post with your experience. Thanks for taking the time to get that on - I've no doubt it will prove very useful and will have a few people thinking about that now!

• Like 1

2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads, Flat bottomed steering wheel
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

What a great modification for the car and a great post with your experience. Thanks for taking the time to get that on - I've no doubt it will prove very useful and will have a few people thinking about that now!

Thanks buddy. I've been searching for an android solution from the day I got the car over a year ago. Finally found something and it's just what I wanted.

If there's interest, I'm happy to arrange some more orders.

Very neat :notworthy:

Which launcher did you decide on? I've got an Android head unit in mine but I'm still using the default one.

• Like 1

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Z* with a plethora of minor bespoke mods'

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

This one. Free trial then costs £1.99. No brainer. Looks OEM.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=altergames.carlauncher

Thanks for that :thumbs:

I'll definitely give it a go. Some of the feedback suggests it might not work with my Android radio, etc. but it's definitely worth a go :)

• Like 1

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Z* with a plethora of minor bespoke mods'

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

Good idea. Should be able to bring the cost down a little too if we get enough orders. No idea where to start with a group buy on here though?

Hi StormtrooperZ. Sounds like a really good the setup you have. I would be up for a group buy.

Out of interest. Did you look into any other android alternatives (if available) that are integrated? Did you use bluetooth dongle on your OBDII port for the Torque app?

• Like 1

Hi StormtrooperZ. Sounds like a really good the setup you have. I would be up for a group buy.

Out of interest. Did you look into any other android alternatives (if available) that are integrated? Did you use bluetooth dongle on your OBDII port for the Torque app?

Hi buddy. This is the only integrated system as far as I'm aware. Not seen anything like it before.

And yes, I have an OBD2 Bluetooth dongle for torque.

I'll start adding names to my first post. Will give it another week or so, to see if anyone else is interested.

Can't edit the blooming first post!ha. List of 2 names so far;

cozzie

Ste_ac

Can't comment on why you can't edit but I've added the names of those interested in a Group Buy to your first post. If anyone else interested posts up here, either I or one of the other mods can add them :thumbs:

• Like 1

2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads, Flat bottomed steering wheel
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

Hi Dave, it was supplied direct by the manufacturer/supplier. I can get some more in if you're interested?

Hi StormtrooperZ

Thanks for all of the info you have posted. It's a little expensive for me right now so I'll give the group buy a miss.

Dave

• Like 1