Advertise Here

Hi

I have just purchased a 2007 350Z and pretty pleased with the overall package.

Could anyone tell me if the sat nav - which does not use postcodes can be upgraded? Can the maps be updated?

Finally, the plastic shroud around the window and door lock buttons is very scratched - anywhere were I can get replacements?

Many thanks

Steve

Hi Steve and welcome :hello:

Not sure about the sat nav, I know there was an upgrade disc though

Sarah :)

07765 406665
Infiniti FX 30d premium - loved it but now gone
QX70d S Design and owner and lovin' it - Alas, she has now gone too

350Z Chilli Red 2006, with full Do-Luck Kit and still looks as good as new!
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube

Welcome Steve.

I reckon the easiest solution is to fit a smartphone holder and downoad something like the HereweGo app. It's free, it runs on your phone offline and the maps are up-to-date, with postcode entry. I use it in my motorhome and it's at least as good as my 2016 Nissan satnav - possibly better.

If you want traffic information you can also run it online, but I don't.

I've just found this official Nissan page (I have no idea if it will be compatible with your car) - https://nissan.navigation.com/product/Catalog/Catalog_350Z_2007/Connect-Premium-2-X7-EUROPE-2013/sku/T1000-20764/en_GB/NissanEMEA/GBP

£150 and it'll probably still not do postcodes?

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

Regarding the drivers door switch panel, I took mine off, removed the switches and then got it rubbed down and repainted. I'd been given a spare and you may find one on eBay for you to use whilst yours gets sorted.

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - "Muttley" (it was the only Z in the village ....)
Storm White R35 GT-R MY21 Track Edition… “Fully Loaded”

Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - "The Expensive Mistress"
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - "Dumbo"
Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R MY11 with Recaros - "The General"
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - "Dastardly"
[Volkswagen Up! GTi, 5-door, White]

Hi Steve - we used to have upgrade discs for the 370, but I’m really not sure if anybody has them for your 350. I’ll watch this thread to see if anybody can produce them from the back of a cupboard! That said, there are several 350 owners on here and you might just be pleasantly surprised!

And welcome!

Jeff.

Fred I - 350Z 2007 Gunmetal. 6 CD changer, full leather, reverse sensors. SOLD.
Fred II - 370Z GT 2011 Gunmetal. Premium connect. GT spec. Seriously un-modified. See-through windows, and a wheel at each corner. Sold 13 July 14. Gone.
Fred III - 2014 facelift 370GT. Magma red. Reversing sensors. Invidia Gemini CBE. Sold 2 April 2016.
Fred IV - 2016 Daytona Blue 370Z GT. Reversing sensors. K & N panel filters. Invidia Gemini CBE. Full front wrap - Ventureshield II.

I thought the club had some 350 ones, way back when. I’ll check my drawers here.

• Like 1

07765 406665

:lol: funny Chubbs, and that’s not all I keep in them :P

07765 406665

Hi Steve!

Welcome to the club and I hope you're enjoying ownership. Post a couple of pics up when you get chance, we all like the opportunity to ogle each others motors.

Re your questions, I can't help on the trim but I think re the Sat Nav, map updates were only supported up to a certain year on the old head units from the 350, so any discs are still likely to be out of date (this is my understanding anyway).

I tihnk what I would do is consider a complete upgrade to the head unit (double din). I'm not suggesting or recommending this one, but it gives you an idea of what is out there https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/323843762226

Whether this still gives you the steering wheel button functionality I'm not sure and I'd be getting someone who knows what they are doing to wire it in as I haven't a scooby but it's an option to consider maybe.

• Like 3

2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads, Flat bottomed steering wheel
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

No, I need to get into the office, I know where it will be if I have them. Later tonight I will look.

• Like 2

07765 406665

Welcome to the club.

Nissan Birdview Sat Nav was not known to be any good!, pretty sure early 350z had a CD based system with the later years 07 up had a DVD system, neither of which were updated past 09.

As for the switch panel, try here (they do more than one version)

https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/350z/body-styling/interior/12683-350z-nissan-oem-80961-cd80e-window-switch-finisher-lh-black-80961-cf40b.html

• Like 4

<p class='bbc_center'>If you cant explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.</p>

Welcome to the OC.

Did (Huc Hum) the 350z use copy protection on its Nissan Sat Nav - like the 370z does. Something tells me it didn't - I didn't have posh Sat Nav in my 350z so I never knew. But If someone tripped and accidently dropped the Sat Nav update into the CD player and it started to upgrade and you didn't have time to stop it (horrified that you were) did it work.... Hypothetically of course.

• Like 4

Current - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button. GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System. Custom Blank Button Delete Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Current - 2020 (20) Juke Tekna Plus, Gun Metal Grey/Red Contrast, DCT Gearbox, Clever Little Commuter Car

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Welcome to the OC.

Did (Huc Hum) the 350z use copy protection on its Nissan Sat Nav - like the 370z does. Something tells me it didn't - I didn't have posh Sat Nav in my 350z so I never knew. But If someone tripped and accidently dropped the Sat Nav update into the CD player and it started to upgrade and you didn't have time to stop it (horrified that you were) did it work.... Hypothetically of course.

I'm sure you're right Les. I can remember being at a MOD day, when there must have been a lot of dew on the ground. This made a lot of people slip and drop the CD's someone brought along into the CD slot. Having to nurse their injuries, they didn't have time to stop the discs updating. It was terrifying to behold.

• Like 5

2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads, Flat bottomed steering wheel
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

I'm sure you're right Les. I can remember being at a MOD day, when there must have been a lot of dew on the ground. This made a lot of people slip and drop the CD's someone brought along into the CD slot. Having to nurse their injuries, they didn't have time to stop the discs updating. It was terrifying to behold.

Thank goodness Nissan cares for the well being of its customers ...and introduced security keys on later models, so people didn't keep on accidentally slipping and hurting their profits themselves.

• Like 5

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

Hi Steve!

Welcome to the club and I hope you're enjoying ownership. Post a couple of pics up when you get chance, we all like the opportunity to ogle each others motors.

Re your questions, I can't help on the trim but I think re the Sat Nav, map updates were only supported up to a certain year on the old head units from the 350, so any discs are still likely to be out of date (this is my understanding anyway).

I tihnk what I would do is consider a complete upgrade to the head unit (double din). I'm not suggesting or recommending this one, but it gives you an idea of what is out there https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/323843762226

Whether this still gives you the steering wheel button functionality I'm not sure and I'd be getting someone who knows what they are doing to wire it in as I haven't a scooby but it's an option to consider maybe.

If it doesn't give you the steering wheel controls I'm sure there would be a patch lead available so you can use them.

• Like 2

Current: Metallic pearl white 2012 370z GT Edition, Invidia stainless cat back exhaust, Stillen Gen 3 Intakes and K&N filters and a UpRev remap

Who knew owning a 350Z was so hazardous to health...

• Like 3

Hello and welcome, Steve. :welcometonissansportz:

I have an '07 350Z like you - old school sat nav, etc. The sat nav and the stereo head-unit are completely separate units. You can update the stereo head-unit - which I did late last year, as my CD player ceased working - but it won't have any effect on the in-built sat nav. The sat nav is driven from the DVD unit behind the driver's seat. In theory that just requires a newer disc to update it (I say in theory, because apart from occasionally using the mapping to remind me of the layout of a rarely used road I hardly ever use it - although more up-to-date maps would perhaps be useful). :)

• Like 1

Welcome Steve. Loads of friendly banter and knowledge in this OC.

A great place to be. Get involved and enjoy the Z and the people you meet. Truly a great bunch.

Look forward to meeting you and your family if you fancy a day out at any of the events or just need a bit of help on your motor. We are all from different parts of the country and have various backgrounds so don’t go it alone. Always someone happy to help.

That’s what someone said to me a few years ago when I got the Z bug.

Now It’s a family thing and a grandkid thing. Odd but true.

Enjoy your Z and welcome. Mick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2