Horsham Developments

Nissan A-Z video shows new 400Z design / Nissan Z Proto Launch

Alex_C

10 hours ago, LESmo said:

VR30DDTT

Good that Nissan have brought this out probably one of the last non hybrid sports cars. Just should have done this in 2016 around the time of the Infiniti Q60 which uses that direct injection engine at 400hp. 

Be interested to know how the launch control works on a manual!

No mention if the 9 speed auto is a twin clutcher and liking the mechanical LSD option. 

overall I don’t think this design is cutting edge enough but would like to see it in the metal. The platform I assume is a slightly modified 370z so aging quite a bit now  

At least they have a tft dash but should have two 12 inch displays.

Cant  help thinking this should have been all electric based on a lower performance taycan. Perhaps this will be launched in 2030…

Nissan are falling behind in this area and using an engine to power a small battery and motors is a dead end IMO.   

• Like 1

2016 GT-R Recaro Black. Stage 1 engine and gearbox remap epic!

No 1 GT-R Black Black from Marshalls. Helmet signed by Mizuno...

Paul_S Reversing Camera - Sold.

Sept 01 2004 Z GT gunmetal Alezan gone but not forgotten

I really want to see one in the metal. 

There are a some details I'm not fond of but I'm starting to quite like it which might be a problem!

• Like 1

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Z* with a plethora of minor bespoke mods'

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

32 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

This is an interesting analysis of parts of the styling, if you've got a spare fifteen minutes:

Thanks for sharing this👍yes its interesting, still not keen on it but maybe with some choice mods it could look better 

Edited by Short Paul
  • Agree 1

On 8/18/2021 at 9:14 AM, Chubbs said:

This bloke, at the launch, claims he's going to compare the Z to the Supra - Don't believe him, he lies (I've watched the video).

However, there are two noticeable things - Firstly he claims that the new Z shaves 50% off the 370z's 0-60mph performance. That brings it down to well under 3 seconds. Is he lying again? Possibly not.

You are right to doubt him - the claimed difference in 0-60mph is 15% not 50%. A simple misunderstanding but you'd think if you are going to plaster yourself on Youtube and have any respect, you'd get the details right! (And 50% would mean a 0-60 time of about 2.6 seconds :lol: - depending on model of 370 of course). 

Should mean though that it's going to be c.4.5 seconds for the 0-60mph dash. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads, Flat bottomed steering wheel
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2021 at 1:48 PM, Neutreus said:

You are right to doubt him - the claimed difference in 0-60mph is 15% not 50%. A simple misunderstanding but you'd think if you are going to plaster yourself on Youtube and have any respect, you'd get the details right! (And 50% would mean a 0-60 time of about 2.6 seconds :lol: - depending on model of 370 of course). 

Should mean though that it's going to be c.4.5 seconds for the 0-60mph dash. 

I've just listened to it again - at 11:48, where he talks about the 0-60, he is probably saying 15%, but the audio goes a bit funny and it sounds like 50%. Thanks mate. I thought it was a bit far-fetched.

• Like 1

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

• 2 weeks later...

I keep hearing rumours that someone high up in Renault is pressing hard for the new Z to be sold in Europe.  There maybe a glimmer of hope.

On 9/11/2021 at 12:30 PM, Paul_S said:

I keep hearing rumours that someone high up in Renault is pressing hard for the new Z to be sold in Europe.  There maybe a glimmer of hope.

Personally - and selfishly - I hope it doesn't come to the UK. I'm not getting one and I'd like my car to retain its rarity/value.

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

On 9/11/2021 at 12:30 PM, Paul_S said:

why would Renault want competition for the Alpine?

Black Pearl 2010 (60) 370Z Auto GT Pack Connect Premium - 'Cool Dad'
EBC Ultimax (slotted) front discs and Ferodo DS2500 front pads
- auf wiedersehen pet
Storm White 2014 (64) 370Z Nismo #376 - the new 'Cool Dad'

I thought that too...

Plus I think the days of Renault influencing Nissan decisions disappeared with Nissan's management retrenchment that followed the Carlos (Fandago) case.

Sorry!

• Haha 1

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - "Muttley" (it was the only Z in the village ....)
Storm White R35 GT-R MY21 Track Edition… “Fully Loaded”

Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - "The Expensive Mistress"
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - "Dumbo"
Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R MY11 with Recaros - "The General"
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - "Dastardly"
[Volkswagen Up! GTi, 5-door, White]

True!  Also, if they aren't sold in the UK the imported ones will be special.

It would be a killer to go to the hassle and expense to import one then have a UK version launched a year later.