Horsham Developments

Dead Battery

Due to the car not being used I now have a dead battery, now I have heard of horror stories of people jump starting a z and frying the ECU.

Are these just scare stories or is it okay to jump start a Z as long as you are properly earthed?

Or is it just a case of buy a new battery?

Did the car get serviced by a dealer? If so you can likely call Nissan Recovery and they will start it - I called them when mine failed. They came to mine last year when the battery finally gave up - tested it and got it started. If you still have the original battery you have done over a year longer than me. Its done really well.

• Like 1

Current - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button. GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System. Custom Blank Button Delete Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Current - 2020 (20) Juke Tekna Plus, Gun Metal Grey/Red Contrast, DCT Gearbox, Clever Little Commuter Car

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Did the car get serviced by a dealer? If so you can likely call Nissan Recovery and they will start it - I called them when mine failed. They came to mine last year when the battery finally gave up - tested it and got it started. If you still have the original battery you have done over a year longer than me. Its done really well.

Still original battery, guess doing long miles as a daily helped but cars not moved for a month now. Am surprised it's gone flat.

Service was due during lockdown so not been able to re-new main dealer home start but will ring them and see what they say