CAT Driver Training

Things To Fix Next Year - What Else?

I have been going around the Zed now it has retired and looking at things which need to be sorted on the car - to make it a bit less "used"

1. New Nismo Steering Wheel (Mine the black die has come off and the Alcantara is worn)

2. Need new Red Stripes (Wing Mirrors, Front & Rear)

3. Need a New Fuel Cap Assembly (apparently the teather can't just be replaced according to the web)

Other Things

1. Will need to apply another layer of Can Coat - impressed with how its held up this year.

2. Spark Plugs - Probably will need replacing, I am on the originals and it will be 7 years next March.

Is there anything else I should consider having done or checked next year - looking towards those who have had their Zeds for as long or longer. Its on about 46,450 Miles as of today. So I suspect it will be on 47k at service or about 6700 miles a year averaged out. It has only run on V-Power with about 5 fills of the Tescos stuff - beyond that VPower.

• Like 1

Current - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button. GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System. Custom Blank Button Delete Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Current - 2020 (20) Juke Tekna Plus, Gun Metal Grey/Red Contrast, DCT Gearbox, Clever Little Commuter Car

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

I’m surprised you steering wheel is wearing! That’s not good, not like you do thousands of miles a month!

• Like 2

07765 406665
Infiniti FX 30d premium - loved it but now gone
QX70d S Design and owner and lovin' it - Alas, she has now gone too

350Z Chilli Red 2006, with full Do-Luck Kit and still looks as good as new!
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube

Its cos he sits in the car stroking it and going Brmmm, brmmm, brmmm ...

• Like 3

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - "Muttley" (it was the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - "The Expensive Mistress"
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - "Dumbo"
Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R MY11 with Recaros - "The General"
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - "Dastardly"
[Volkswagen Up! GTi, 5-door, White]

I have had the steering wheel re-dye'd once already and that lasted about a year. Its because the steering wheel on the Zed doesn't move enough so I hit it getting in and out, being so short I have to keep the seat close to the steering.

Juke is square based and moves in all directions, up/down 0 in and out. Squared off I think is better for shorter people.

Current - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button. GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System. Custom Blank Button Delete Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Current - 2020 (20) Juke Tekna Plus, Gun Metal Grey/Red Contrast, DCT Gearbox, Clever Little Commuter Car

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

One of the things I loved in my Lexus test drive was the seat memory also remembered steering wheel height and reach and when you turned ignition off the wheel retracted in to shortest reach and highest position.

Nissan seems to lack this in their sportcar models...

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - "Muttley" (it was the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - "The Expensive Mistress"
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - "Dumbo"
Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R MY11 with Recaros - "The General"
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - "Dastardly"
[Volkswagen Up! GTi, 5-door, White]

Do you want to keep the steering wheel standard Les?

if not, then I would recommend getting it refurbed, and you could even get it reshaped if you wanted to. I like the look and feel of an Alcantara wheel but I opted to stick to a leather one when I had my wheel redone. I couldn't be doing with the maintenance.

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Z* with a plethora of minor bespoke mods'

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

Hello Les,

Mine is 10 years old now. Stuff I have had done above standard P1, P2, P3 service schedules are the following:

Gearbox and differential oil change.

Torque up rear hub nuts (to solve rear axle click).

Exhaust gaskets.

Big jubilee clips around the cat heat shields as they tend to corrode and start hanging off.

Pollen filter every 2 years.

Next thing to do:

Clean throttle bodies and perform the reset procedure.