CAT Driver Training

Advice about up rev remap

I’m seriously considering doing the uprev remap to my 370Z, I know headline power isn’t really what it’s all about, but what I do want to know is how much does it add to driveability, throttle response and acceleration, as I find that unless you get those revs up, it’s a little lacklustre low down for my taste. I also read somewhere that the throttle is limited or deliberately made less responsive in the lower gears by the factory map, is that true?

Hi Joe ..

I find this question very interesting as i too am considering the same.

I contacted Horsham develpoments to ask what i could get after i had fitted a cat-back exhaust also if i fitted an aFe Takeda stage 2 pro-dry air induction long tube system.

I was advised that I would get heat soak into the long tubes, probably best stick with the factory fitted tubes and fit K&N panel filters (had already fitted panel filters), then best go for Ecutek as they have moved away from Uprev..

Seems like the Ecutek has more options, although I would be limited on a couple of the options as my Z is and auto..

I am sure some of the guys will answer in more detail what is best and I will be interested in what they advise..

Vicky x

• Like 2

Slight mistake … It was Abbey Motorsport who quoted me, not Horsham.

Vicky x

• Like 1

Abbey Motorsport are very good, they both are

• Like 2

07765 406665
Infiniti FX 30d premium - loved it but now gone
QX70d S Design and owner and lovin' it - Alas, she has now gone too

350Z Chilli Red 2006, with full Do-Luck Kit and still looks as good as new!
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube

I’ve got the stillen gen 3 intakes on mine already and to be honest it’s fine, the air intake and filters are right at the front inside the bumper so it’s always getting cold air, admittedly there’s a chance the alloy pipes might pick up some under bonnet heat, but I don’t find it too bad.

Joe, I would go Ecutek if you have the option, as it offers more (traction control being one, iPhone / Android tweaking another). Power from both will be around the same.

I originally had uprev but changed to Ecutek once I S/C the car as it offered much better coding and protection. One big difference is that Uprev can be removed and the license refunded, but once you go Ecutek thats it, but this is a small price to pay in my opinion.

You'll be looking at around 40-60bhp increase (from what I remember), but the mid range pickup and throttle response is much better. The car also revs more freely.

Sprint7 on here has a number of youtube videos that explain the Ecutek dongle etc. check them out.

• Like 3

Current - 2009 GTR Premium, Stage 2
Current - 2010 370z Black Edition, DeCat, Milltek Exhaust, EcuTek, Custom Horsham Developments SC air 2 air, Reversing Camera, 20mm Eibach Spacers, Braded SS Brake Lines. Plus many more mods. Currently running 551/400
Black Skoda Fabia, too many mods to mention 290BHP now with the son.

Looked into the ecutek, it’s double the price of an uprev, all I’m really wanting is to wake it up in the lower gears, it’s supposed to be a 5 second car, and it doesn’t feel it, granted in gear and if you let the revs get up to the red line it goes like a scalded cat, but low down I’m not and never been happy with it, and I think a remap would make it more to my liking.

I think blobbish pretty much summed it up.

I've had UpRev for years (in fact, Abbey Motorsport used my car for some of their development work back in 2011 - 2013) and love it. With UpRev you can get 5(?) different maps that you can change on the fly with the steering wheel controls which can alter the map, rev limiter, throttle response, etc. With Ecutek there are a whole load of other options and toys to play with over and above that.

If you have forced induction then I think you have to go Ecutek to get the most out of your investment.

With just air intakes and an exhaust I'm not sure if you get any more performance with Ecutek Vs UpRev but I am prepared to be corrected.

• Like 1

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Z* with a plethora of minor bespoke mods'

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

I think blobbish pretty much summed it up.

I've had UpRev for years (in fact, Abbey Motorsport used my car for some of their development work back in 2011 - 2013) and love it. With UpRev you can get 5(?) different maps that you can change on the fly with the steering wheel controls which can alter the map, rev limiter, throttle response, etc. With Ecutek there are a whole load of other options and toys to play with over and above that.

If you have forced induction then I think you have to go Ecutek to get the most out of your investment.

With just air intakes and an exhaust I'm not sure if you get any more performance with Ecutek Vs UpRev but I am prepared to be corrected.

Blobbish???

Joe, I would go Ecutek if you have the option, as it offers more (traction control being one, iPhone / Android tweaking another). Power from both will be around the same.

I originally had uprev but changed to Ecutek once I S/C the car as it offered much better coding and protection. One big difference is that Uprev can be removed and the license refunded, but once you go Ecutek thats it, but this is a small price to pay in my opinion.

You'll be looking at around 40-60bhp increase (from what I remember), but the mid range pickup and throttle response is much better. The car also revs more freely.

Sprint7 on here has a number of youtube videos that explain the Ecutek dongle etc. check them out.

Here you go :)

Sent from my Nokia 8.1 using Tapatalk

When I had my 370Z I had an UpRev done at Horsham (having had Stillen Gen 3's etc fitted) and I can clearly remember seeing the difference in the torque curve particularly mid range. It was definitely more responsive throughout and I seem to recall that you're right about the limiting in lower gears - which was removed by the tune. On the Dyno my 370 then showed as 362.8 BHP (see pic below)

I think whichever way you go, you will be very pleased with the result.

post-5732-0-87756100-1604083476_thumb.jpg

Flywheel Dyno.pdf

• Like 2

2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads, Flat bottomed steering wheel
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

I know that the 350Z doesn't give you full throttle in the first 2 gears without a tune, but I think the 370Z isn't quite so restricted.

Sent from my Nokia 8.1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I know that the 350Z doesn't give you full throttle in the first 2 gears without a tune, but I think the 370Z isn't quite so restricted.

That's perhaps not quite the whole story, but if you want to spin the wheels in a 350Z then third gear is your friend.

Second is your friend if you want to hit sixty-two or so with only a slight chirrup from the rear. In all honesty though you would struggle to feel short-changed by the amount of beans you're given in second as opposed to third, etc.

The fewer restrictions that remapping allows does appeal, but being happy with the character of the car as it is makes me think twice. Power, torque, etc is just numbers. I'd rather beat someone, or make their life harder (if they're in a "bigger" car - and particularly if I'm in something much more modest), in the corners or the more technical stuff.