CongratulationZ

Welcome and what do you think so far?

PaulS has been working tirelessly to get us up and running and we very much appreciate it, thanks Paul we know it’s been challenging.

hopefully you will all find you way round, but if you have any questions post here and we will help out. Remember it’s new for us all though so you may not get an instant answer 

********THINGS TO LOOK INTO AND SORT ********

JFK NOTED - One thing I have noticed is that on both my mobile and laptop the first page (Unread) seems to take a long time (several seconds!) to load. Much slower than other sites in my Favourites or Shortcuts... APPEARS SORTED BY JFW

MILANORED NOTED - Has anyone else noticed that the advertisement banner at the top is not seen on there phone it is way over to the right taking the selection icon with it.phone is 4a in portrait mode 

JFK NOTED - So here's a new little problem... When browsing to main site on my Android phone the resulting display has overlapping text. See here: FRONT PAGE MIXED AND BLENDING WORDS - SEE IMAGE BELOW

if we keep the questions together it may help others

• Sad 1

07765 406665
Infiniti FX 30d premium - loved it but now gone
QX70d S Design and owner and lovin' it - Alas, she has now gone too

350Z Chilli Red 2006, with full Do-Luck Kit and still looks as good as new!
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube

I'm waiting for a guided tour of the new bits - if there are any surprises - but otherwise I think it looks really good.  Much less dusty than the old one, which I suppose was the point. ;)

The round avatars could prove interesting too.  If anyone had a good Rays or LMGT4 picture handy - or handy for a picture - that could look good.

There are a lot of features which make the site easier to use - Youtube videos that do not need the address changing from https to http as an example and the way it handles graphics.  Even the emoji have a fresh new look.  Its a real leap.  But the big thing for me is the site is hpps now - which adds a level of re-assurance to the data.    Really good.

• Thanks 1

Current - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button. GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System. Custom Blank Button Delete Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Current - 2020 (20) Juke Tekna Plus, Gun Metal Grey/Red Contrast, DCT Gearbox, Clever Little Commuter Car

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

On 10/31/2020 at 10:42 PM, A Pair Of Flabby Wings said:

I'm waiting for a guided tour of the new bits - if there are any surprises - but otherwise I think it looks really good.  Much less dusty than the old one, which I suppose was the point. ;)

The round avatars could prove interesting too.  If anyone had a good Rays or LMGT4 picture handy - or handy for a picture - that could look good.

There is a  wheel picture on my album, not a brilliant one … but it is there !

Vicky x

I haven't had a chance to go very far yet but congrats to PaulS for getting us to here.

One thing I have noticed is that on both my mobile and laptop the first page (Unread) seems to take a long time (several seconds!) to load. Much slower than other sites in my Favourites or Shortcuts...

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - "Muttley" (it was the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - "The Expensive Mistress"
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - "Dumbo"
Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R MY11 with Recaros - "The General"
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - "Dastardly"
[Volkswagen Up! GTi, 5-door, White]

2 hours ago, JohnFK said:

I haven't had a chance to go very far yet but congrats to PaulS for getting us to here.

One thing I have noticed is that on both my mobile and laptop the first page (Unread) seems to take a long time (several seconds!) to load. Much slower than other sites in my Favourites or Shortcuts...

Ditto John. And that's from my work laptop and home (different IP's/connection speeds etc)

2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads, Flat bottomed steering wheel
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

3 hours ago, JohnFK said:

1 hour ago, Neutreus said:

Ditto John. And that's from my work laptop and home (different IP's/connection speeds etc)

Surprisingly, that's not something I've really noticed. Phone/tablet/laptop all seem to bring the first page up in good time for me.

One thing I have noticed and that I do like - other than the round avatars (if I haven't mentioned them before) - is the darker text on the sections of the forum where I/you have unread content. It was probably there before - I have seen it elsewhere - but with the paler background it seems more noticeable now.

I’m getting the first page almost immediately on PC, iPad and IPhone. I too am finding the clarity of presentation a great improvement.

Fred I - 350Z 2007 Gunmetal. 6 CD changer, full leather, reverse sensors. SOLD.
Fred II - 370Z GT 2011 Gunmetal. Premium connect. GT spec. Seriously un-modified. See-through windows, and a wheel at each corner. Sold 13 July 14. Gone.
Fred III - 2014 facelift 370GT. Magma red. Reversing sensors. Invidia Gemini CBE. Sold 2 April 2016.
Fred IV - 2016 Daytona Blue 370Z GT. Reversing sensors. K & N panel filters. Invidia Gemini CBE. Full front wrap - Ventureshield II.

Congrats every one involved, a very fresh look/feel

I'll begin to explore now...

Black Pearl 2010 (60) 370Z Auto GT Pack Connect Premium - 'Cool Dad'
EBC Ultimax (slotted) front discs and Ferodo DS2500 front pads
- auf wiedersehen pet
Storm White 2014 (64) 370Z Nismo #376 - the new 'Cool Dad'

Jeff & Michael, what page do you go to on first opening the site? My link goes straight to the "unread" page and I wonder if its the associated search that holds up the response...

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - "Muttley" (it was the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - "The Expensive Mistress"

John, I have my link set to forums.nissansportz.com which takes me to the home page. However, if I just use the club name I go straight to the landing page (no delay) and then selecting the forum again goes to the home page (no delay).

Fred II - 370Z GT 2011 Gunmetal. Premium connect. GT spec. Seriously un-modified. See-through windows, and a wheel at each corner. Sold 13 July 14. Gone.
Fred III - 2014 facelift 370GT. Magma red. Reversing sensors. Invidia Gemini CBE. Sold 2 April 2016.
Fred IV - 2016 Daytona Blue 370Z GT. Reversing sensors. K & N panel filters. Invidia Gemini CBE. Full front wrap - Ventureshield II.

Thats interesting Jeff and may help Paul looking in to this. I use: https://forums.nissansportz.com/discover/unread/ as my first move. Once you are in, how long does it take you to get to the Unread page?

1 hour ago, JohnFK said:

Thats interesting Jeff and may help Paul looking in to this. I use: https://forums.nissansportz.com/discover/unread/ as my first move. Once you are in, how long does it take you to get to the Unread page?

John try this 

https://forums.nissansportz.com/discover/

It works for me 🙂

On 11/3/2020 at 10:42 AM, JohnFK said:

Perhaps because so far you don't have this site cached... 

Nissan 370z "Zoe" Roadster "1 FHL" - Porsche "Maddie" Macan 3.0dS - MIni "Tommy" Coupe JCW "2 FHL"

3 hours ago, JohnFK said:

About 6 seconds, having started from this thread.

14 hours ago, Jeff-W said:

John, I have my link set to forums.nissansportz.com which takes me to the home page. However, if I just use the club name I go straight to the landing page (no delay) and then selecting the forum again goes to the home page (no delay).

I tend to do the same, and similarly with no delay.

The discover or discover/unread routes were almost as quick too - I'd need Fergie-time to stretch it even to six seconds.

I'm convinced that it is the search for the Unread that causes the delay. I'll change my shortcuts and do some checks.... The cache(ing) doesn't apply as by its nature Unread is always different and has to be constructed...

So here's a new little problem... When browsing to main site on my Android phone the resulting display has overlapping text. See here:

Screenshot_20201105-173449_Edge.jpg

Ok. As long as someone knows. Is there a list being kept somewhere? I have some suggestions for topic groups tidying 😄

I will try and extract a list and put in the first post.  Then we can tick them off as they are sorted 

thanks

07765 406665

List added to first post.

07765 406665

On 11/6/2020 at 5:13 PM, JohnFK said:

Ok. As long as someone knows. Is there a list being kept somewhere? I have some suggestions for topic groups tidying 😄

Also, only the forum element has been updated. The website is as it was, never touched since 1999 (or earlier)

• Like 1

Current - 2009 GTR Premium, Stage 2
Current - 2010 370z Black Edition, DeCat, Milltek Exhaust, EcuTek, Custom Horsham Developments SC air 2 air, Reversing Camera, 20mm Eibach Spacers, Braded SS Brake Lines. Plus many more mods. Currently running 551/400
Black Skoda Fabia, too many mods to mention 290BHP now with the son.