Adrian Flux

Infiniti Q50 driver wins BTCC championship

Nothing to do with the racing but I must admit not being able to consider the Infiniti range when looking for a new set of wheels has really disappointed me.

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - "Muttley" (it was the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - "The Expensive Mistress"
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - "Dumbo"
Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R MY11 with Recaros - "The General"
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - "Dastardly"
[Volkswagen Up! GTi, 5-door, White]

On 11/15/2020 at 5:13 PM, John_K said:

Thanks for putting the result in the title John 🤬 Sadly, some of us hadn't watched it live and didn't know the result (for those that don't know, there is also the ability to put a a 'spoiler' setting on to hide text for those that may not have seen results of races but wish to discuss it with those that have)

Having now watched it anyway, it was a great drive by Ash and showed a lot more maturity in his driving. A shame Colin Turkington didn't have a better car to make it more of a battle but it was another great days racing.

On another note - great to see another young talented British driver in the Porsche Carrera Cup - namely Harry King. Hopefully good things to come from that young man.

2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads, Flat bottomed steering wheel
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

My sincere apologies

Off to learn how to use a spoiler setting...

• Like 1

Black Pearl 2010 (60) 370Z Auto GT Pack Connect Premium - 'Cool Dad'
EBC Ultimax (slotted) front discs and Ferodo DS2500 front pads
- auf wiedersehen pet
Storm White 2014 (64) 370Z Nismo #376 - the new 'Cool Dad'

Does anyone know what happened to Jordon this year - I know he lost his main sponsor at the end of last season and the same sponsor his Dad had on all his cars - but I have not seen him in any formula's - seems strange a champion who was still putting in the results would just disappear.  

Current - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button. GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System. Custom Blank Button Delete Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Current - 2020 (20) Juke Tekna Plus, Gun Metal Grey/Red Contrast, DCT Gearbox, Clever Little Commuter Car

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

I remember ITV interviewing him earlier in the year Les and I think he said it was down to the pandemic. Due to the lockdown and the contracted season, I think it was a 'mutual' decision not to race. There doesn't seem to be any clear reason though so maybe an internal spat?

I have a feeling it was the Pandemic that did it for Jason Potato too. He decided to focus on 2021 as he and the Powermax team put it.

2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads, Flat bottomed steering wheel
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

Thanks - I thought it was strange when I didn't see him of the grid.  I see Cain'y once in a while.  I have a lot of time for Jordon, his dad was a great guy and I remember Andrew cycling around the TVR paddock at the age of 6 or 7.    I have hardly seen a race this year to be honest.   Amazing though the car that won it.

• Like 1

Current - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button. GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System. Custom Blank Button Delete Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Current - 2020 (20) Juke Tekna Plus, Gun Metal Grey/Red Contrast, DCT Gearbox, Clever Little Commuter Car

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

There's been some epic races as usual in the BTCC this year Les. I'd persoanlly like to see Tom Ingram win one and the Corolla has come on strong this year so you never know for 2021.

The same can be said for the supporting races, as mentioned I've loved watching Harry King in the Porsche Cup, he was head and shoulders above the rest and teh new Mini's that replaced the Clio Cup have been brilliant. And the Ginetta's are always guaranteed o give you a good race (particularly the juniors!).

• Like 1