Horsham Developments

Events 2021 - Discussion & Suggestion

It is my sincere hope that after an exceptional year for all the wrong reasons, with a vaccine on the horizon, Covid rules will start to become relaxed throughout the course of 2021. At this point in time of course, we do not know when this will be, how the rules may still effect meets and one of the clubs priorities will always be the safety of our members.

We all want to see a return to the norm so with that in mind, it is my and the Committee's plan to start getting some events organised in the hope that they are able to proceed. So to that end please use this thread for exactly what the title suggests!

Please post up/discuss any ideas in this thread and whether you are willing to get invovled with or organise said idea. Any events agreed to as a Club will then get a dedicated thread to discuss details and will be added to the Club diary/calendar (I will add these once the first event has been confirmed).

Thanks and here's to a 2021 where we all get to meet up and enjoy each others company and motors in safety again!

Neil.

• Like 1

2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads, Flat bottomed steering wheel
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

Other clubs have managed some meets that are within Covid rules this year.  Such as, a handful of people meeting up in their cars and going for a drive together.  They didn't even get out of their vehicles so it wasn't a particularly social one, but at least they enjoyed a fun run out.

• Like 1

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Z* with a plethora of minor bespoke mods'

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2020 at 4:36 PM, Paul_S said:

Other clubs have managed some meets that are within Covid rules this year.  Such as, a handful of people meeting up in their cars and going for a drive together.  They didn't even get out of their vehicles so it wasn't a particularly social one, but at least they enjoyed a fun run out.

So as a bit of a count of hands, if I or someone more local to the majority, organise a little drive out, how may people are up for it? (It's likelyto be literally meet up, wave from the cars and then head off a nice convoy hopefully taking in some interesting roads). I'm assuming a Sunday for no work, less traffic etc but please say where you are in the country if you reply in the affirmative. I will add your details to this post.

Interested / located:

John K / N.Herts

• Like 1

2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads, Flat bottomed steering wheel
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

I've counted my hands, and i have 2 - not sure if that counts as 2 votes? 😄

Anyway, I'm in, date and weather dependent, and bizarrely, Saturdays are better for me, or Sundays as 2nd choice.

Black Pearl 2010 (60) 370Z Auto GT Pack Connect Premium - 'Cool Dad'
EBC Ultimax (slotted) front discs and Ferodo DS2500 front pads
- auf wiedersehen pet
Storm White 2014 (64) 370Z Nismo #376 - the new 'Cool Dad'

• 3 weeks later...

Sadly I think the mulptiple Tier 4 areas have put the kybosh on this as you are of course only allowed out for work or essential journey's.

Let's hope the vaccine will start to relax some of the current restrictions and maybe it will be timed with some nicer weather so we can arrange a meet up!

Some clubs are trying virtual meets - someone can explain something, a process.  A point in question was the recent discussions about chargers and the process for connecting where people have questions that the expert can answer.  A quiz is more complicated to do I think, not a meeting but a - meet.

We did the Silver Ball Cafe back in I think 2014?  What was a brilliant event I thought, met at the Cafe and drove out towards the Shuttleworth Collection - simple is often better.

Happy to do something around Royston / Cambs / Norfolk.

Current - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button. GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System. Custom Blank Button Delete Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Current - 2020 (20) Juke Tekna Plus, Gun Metal Grey/Red Contrast, DCT Gearbox, Clever Little Commuter Car

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Are you only Tier 3 Les?

The drive out was a great idea I thought but only John_K responded in the positive. I'm not sure of the reasons why but I might do a poll to see what people would like to do whilst in virtual lockdown. Leave that latter one with me. 

• Like 1

No Tier 4.  All of East Anglia is Tier 4 at the moment - I was thinking trying to fit it in when Tiers drop but don't completely go to 1.

• Like 1

Current - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button. GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System. Custom Blank Button Delete Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Current - 2020 (20) Juke Tekna Plus, Gun Metal Grey/Red Contrast, DCT Gearbox, Clever Little Commuter Car

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Away from the subject of local club meets, does this or any other Nissan club routinely display at the Bromley Pageant?

Last year's was obviously cancelled, but the one for June this year is confirmed.

2017 370Z Nismo / 2020 SEAT Ateca FR Black Edition / 2001 BMW E39 540i 4.4 V8 Sport / 2015 French C1 Thingy....

5 hours ago, Loadmaster said:

Away from the subject of local club meets, does this or any other Nissan club routinely display at the Bromley Pageant?

Last year's was obviously cancelled, but the one for June this year is confirmed.

It's not one that I'm aware of us having attended - at least not as an organised club in my time. Has anyone else experience of Bromley?

Have you been before Loadmaster?

27 minutes ago, Neutreus said:

It's not one that I'm aware of us having attended - at least not as an organised club in my time. Has anyone else experience of Bromley?

Have you been before Loadmaster?

Yes I have for a few years up to 2019, with the BMWCC GB.  Billed as the world's largest one day classic car show, though that's debatable.

An excellent day out.

Bromley Pageant of Motoring | Classics World

2017 370Z Nismo / 2020 SEAT Ateca FR Black Edition / 2001 BMW E39 540i 4.4 V8 Sport / 2015 French C1 Thingy....

On 1/3/2021 at 4:11 PM, Loadmaster said:

Yes I have for a few years up to 2019, with the BMWCC GB.  Billed as the world's largest one day classic car show, though that's debatable.

An excellent day out.

Bromley Pageant of Motoring | Classics World

Great to hear. Certainly one to have a look at :thumbs:

• Like 1