CongratulationZ

GT-R Seat Choices and Opinions

I couldn't find a truly appropriate sub-forum in the GT-R section for this question, so I'll post here.

Do any of you wonderful GT-R owners have any experience of, or comments concerning, the comfort level of Recaro seats in the car, particularly over longer distances?

There seem to be a lot of Recaro models on the second hand market atm and I wondered what the seats were like.

Thank you.

Fred I - 350Z 2007 Gunmetal. 6 CD changer, full leather, reverse sensors. SOLD.
Fred II - 370Z GT 2011 Gunmetal. Premium connect. GT spec. Seriously un-modified. See-through windows, and a wheel at each corner. Sold 13 July 14. Gone.
Fred III - 2014 facelift 370GT. Magma red. Reversing sensors. Invidia Gemini CBE. Sold 2 April 2016.
Fred IV - 2016 Daytona Blue 370Z GT. Reversing sensors. K & N panel filters. Invidia Gemini CBE. Full front wrap - Ventureshield II.

There's an interesting question. I've had both types of seat and current car has the Pure because I was getting hip ache from the previous Recaros but it seems this was due to increasing girth! 

However, having lost 7k due to lurgi eating-out restrictions they would probably be okay now. My rule of thumb was I could sit in them for 2hours ok, but 3 was too(sic) much.

Best Nissan seats I have experienced (so far) were the Recaros in the Juke mk1 Nismo.

One other thing I've learnt is not to sit in any type with my wallet in my back pocket. Does my back in very rapidly!

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - "Muttley" (it was the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - "The Expensive Mistress"
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - "Dumbo"
Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R MY11 with Recaros - "The General"
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - "Dastardly"
[Volkswagen Up! GTi, 5-door, White]

P.s. If you want to corner quickly then the Recaros will give the required side support.

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - "Muttley" (it was the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - "The Expensive Mistress"

11.5 years in recaros now and no complaints. For track use they are a must. The wife’s e class has all the pump up support bags in the seats and they seem less comfortable. 

2016 GT-R Recaro Black. Stage 1 engine and gearbox remap epic!

No 1 GT-R Black Black from Marshalls. Helmet signed by Mizuno...

Paul_S Reversing Camera - Sold.

Sept 01 2004 Z GT gunmetal Alezan gone but not forgotten

100% agree about the wallet comment

Personally i just cannot get on with the Recaros. I took a 370Z v2 Nismo out on a test drive and hated it, and you all know how much i love my v1. My preference in all cars i've ever owned so far has been - good looking from the outside, decent performance under the bonnet, maximum comfort level inside - all of which are personally subjective

Possibly not a lot of help, sorry, as i think the answer is you need to try them 

Black Pearl 2010 (60) 370Z Auto GT Pack Connect Premium - 'Cool Dad'
EBC Ultimax (slotted) front discs and Ferodo DS2500 front pads
- auf wiedersehen pet
Storm White 2014 (64) 370Z Nismo #376 - the new 'Cool Dad'

Thanks for the replies so far. I'm not in a position to buy yet, but the car would have to suit long distance drives, and neither of us is getting any younger. I rather think the wallet problem - referred to by JohnFK above - would disappear with the purchase of said car.

This advice from owners will also help me be rather more particular in which adverts I drool over, and which I choose to disregard.

Further input appreciated, but John_K is correct at the end of the day - you have to try them.

• Like 2

Fred II - 370Z GT 2011 Gunmetal. Premium connect. GT spec. Seriously un-modified. See-through windows, and a wheel at each corner. Sold 13 July 14. Gone.
Fred III - 2014 facelift 370GT. Magma red. Reversing sensors. Invidia Gemini CBE. Sold 2 April 2016.
Fred IV - 2016 Daytona Blue 370Z GT. Reversing sensors. K & N panel filters. Invidia Gemini CBE. Full front wrap - Ventureshield II.

There are some other choices:

1) The Prestige model has "more luxurious" seats.

2) The Nismo has very sporty seats.

I've sat in both sorts but not long enough to review them (except the Nismo ones were very huggy!)

John, I see the other topic you have made for this discussion - if only I knew how to move the posts .....

4 hours ago, Jeff-W said:

Thanks for the replies so far. I'm not in a position to buy yet, but the car would have to suit long distance drives, and neither of us is getting any younger. I rather think the wallet problem - referred to by JohnFK above - would disappear with the purchase of said car.

This advice from owners will also help me be rather more particular in which adverts I drool over, and which I choose to disregard.

Further input appreciated, but John_K is correct at the end of the day - you have to try them.

Mine's the 2011 Premium Version - not sure if the Cream Alcantara seats were an upgrade option but they sure are comfy. I suffer with back problems in general and as long as I make sure my bum is pushed back in the seat (ie I'm not slumping) then I have no problems.

I've no doubt they aren't as supportive as a Recaro when pulling any decent G in a corner but I'll worry about then when I get on track next year. For the road they are great.

2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads, Flat bottomed steering wheel
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

Mine is also a premium and I have to say I like the seats. I get no back issues or leg.

I have driven it spirited and have no issues with cornering, but there will be an advantage for the Recaro's on track.

Only think I will say about the Recaros seats is that they are black and red. Now thats fine on a Black, or white GTR, but no so sure on a blue, Orange or Grey. Feels like wearing shoes with a tracksuit, it just doesn't go in my opinion.

• Like 1

Current - 2009 GTR Premium, Stage 2
Current - 2010 370z Black Edition, DeCat, Milltek Exhaust, EcuTek, Custom Horsham Developments SC air 2 air, Reversing Camera, 20mm Eibach Spacers, Braded SS Brake Lines. Plus many more mods. Currently running 551/400
Black Skoda Fabia, too many mods to mention 290BHP now with the son.

I like the Black Edition GT-R seats I put in my 370Z.  I would say they are a seat that would suit some body shapes and not others because they're obviously not designed to be comfy like your average runabout would have but they hold you really well in the corners :)

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Z* with a plethora of minor bespoke mods'

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY