Help with my trickle ......

......... charger.

My Trickle Charger arrived today so I went out to the garage thinking "oh, I'll just connect this quickly" and realised very quickly that nothing in life is ever that easy it seems.

Can someone with a GTR give me a bit of guidance? As you can see from the picture below, the red cover on the positive won't lift sufficiently to connect the clamp. Therefore, I undid the screw holding the battery in place thinking it should be easy to slide forward and gain access but nope, she ain't budging. I may be missing something obvious (oft the case) so can someone shed some light for me?

Battery.thumb.jpg.c3caf75883e097ea181431a40bf540c2.jpg

2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads, Flat bottomed steering wheel
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

Is that under the bonnet? Not my department Guv...

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - "Muttley" (it was the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - "The Expensive Mistress"
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - "Dumbo"
Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R MY11 with Recaros - "The General"
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - "Dastardly"
[Volkswagen Up! GTi, 5-door, White]

Here you go and as you can see mine fits perfectly.

2c08fd686044c0b44f28c86fb508b04a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Current - 2009 GTR Premium, Stage 2
Current - 2010 370z Black Edition, DeCat, Milltek Exhaust, EcuTek, Custom Horsham Developments SC air 2 air, Reversing Camera, 20mm Eibach Spacers, Braded SS Brake Lines. Plus many more mods. Currently running 551/400
Black Skoda Fabia, too many mods to mention 290BHP now with the son.

If you use it it will charge itself!😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2016 GT-R Recaro Black. Stage 1 engine and gearbox remap epic!

No 1 GT-R Black Black from Marshalls. Helmet signed by Mizuno...

Paul_S Reversing Camera - Sold.

Sept 01 2004 Z GT gunmetal Alezan gone but not forgotten

18 hours ago, Neutreus said:

......... charger.

My Trickle Charger arrived today so I went out to the garage thinking "oh, I'll just connect this quickly" and realised very quickly that nothing in life is ever that easy it seems.

Can someone with a GTR give me a bit of guidance? As you can see from the picture below, the red cover on the positive won't lift sufficiently to connect the clamp. Therefore, I undid the screw holding the battery in place thinking it should be easy to slide forward and gain access but nope, she ain't budging. I may be missing something obvious (oft the case) so can someone shed some light for me?

Battery.thumb.jpg.c3caf75883e097ea181431a40bf540c2.jpg

Did your charger come with the eyelet connector? This does away with the clamps and offers a better long term usage.

Current: Metallic pearl white 2012 370z GT Edition, Invidia stainless cat back exhaust, Stillen Gen 3 Intakes and K&N filters and a UpRev remap

23 hours ago, blobbish said:

Here you go and as you can see mine fits perfectly.

2c08fd686044c0b44f28c86fb508b04a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Hmmm, I can't have opened the clamp wide enough because when I tried that it didn't stay put. Will give it another go tomorrow subject to Gav's comment re the eyelets.

Cheers Rob. :thumbs:

2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads, Flat bottomed steering wheel
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

7 hours ago, Gav C said:

Did your charger come with the eyelet connector? This does away with the clamps and offers a better long term usage.

Hey Gav, yes it did. How would they connect and stay put? 

4 hours ago, Neutreus said:

Hey Gav, yes it did. How would they connect and stay put? 

Take the nut off each clamp and then put the respective eyelet on the bolt and re attach the nut and tighten it up, you can then just plug the charger into the connector each time you want to use it.

Lesmo has a picture in the battery charger thread in the 370z section of his Eyelet M8 attached and it`s the same thing 👍

Looking at how little room you have there a ratchet ring spanner would be best for that.

• Like 2

Current: Metallic pearl white 2012 370z GT Edition, Invidia stainless cat back exhaust, Stillen Gen 3 Intakes and K&N filters and a UpRev remap

All good now thanks for the help folks. Not sure if my screw on the positive is longer than Rob's but I've had to open the clamp fully and it only just fits over and stays in place but I thought this would be easier than taking off screw etc (purely because I was doing this whilst in the garage where I have very little room to the side of the bonnet).

It is now charging/re-conditioning the battery - great result from the collective help of this great club once again! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Neutreus said:

All good now thanks for the help folks. Not sure if my screw on the positive is longer than Rob's but I've had to open the clamp fully and it only just fits over and stays in place but I thought this would be easier than taking off screw etc (purely because I was doing this whilst in the garage where I have very little room to the side of the bonnet).

It is now charging/re-conditioning the battery - great result from the collective help of this great club once again! 

Glad you got it sorted 👍