CAT Driver Training

So its bad news for anyone with a V1.  Looks like Nissan Europe do not show these as parts anymore, I did get costs from the US - but to be honest I am not sure I want to chuck £600 at 4 stripes. 

So I plan to go to a car graphics company who have quoted me £100 to remove and refit and ask them to replicate them, given in years to come its likely to be the only option anyway.  But I am now in a Dilemma.  Do I keep the Nismo Red - or go for another colour - such as Yellow?  What's everyone's views - keep it near stock colour or change it?

I have had the Lime Green we used in racing banned already by Cazza - but if I am changing all 4.....

• Like 2

Current - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button. GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System. Custom Blank Button Delete Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Current - 2020 (20) Juke Tekna Plus, Gun Metal Grey/Red Contrast, DCT Gearbox, Clever Little Commuter Car

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

This is just my humble opinion Les but I like being a bit different (Mrs N would say I'm VERY different :lol:).

My car has the red nismo stripes on but I'm considering at some point changing the colour to something different. For example, I really like this combo:

6.jpg.26c1134089d1300b79d42b2e90d73dcf.jpg

So for my tuppence worth Les, I would say be brave and go with something different - but then that's just me :D

• Like 2

2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads, Flat bottomed steering wheel
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

Funnily enough I was looking at Nismo stripes for a GT-R on Amayama today. I stumbled across the back bumper set and they were priced at £31 from Japan. Of course there would be carriage, import taxes, etc bit I didnt think that was unreasonable. Did you look on there for the 370 ones?

• Like 3

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - "Muttley" (it was the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - "The Expensive Mistress"
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - "Dumbo"
Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R MY11 with Recaros - "The General"
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - "Dastardly"
[Volkswagen Up! GTi, 5-door, White]

Thanks John - I hadn't looked I could not remember the site to be honest - but I just checked all 4 part numbers and they all come up as permanently out of stock so guess I am back to having them reproduced.  Think I will get a second set made at the same time and keep them for a few years.    Could explain why they want stupid money for them - if they are not available anymore.  I did say to the dealer I though there was an arrangement to keep spare parts for discontinued models - they agreed with me its very poor.  But not £600 poor I don't think.

Current - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button. GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System. Custom Blank Button Delete Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Current - 2020 (20) Juke Tekna Plus, Gun Metal Grey/Red Contrast, DCT Gearbox, Clever Little Commuter Car

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Les, more info on parts later today. Make sure you keep part numbers handy...

• Like 1

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - "Muttley" (it was the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - "The Expensive Mistress"

I have a couple of suggestions. These are based on experience, particularly of Amayama, over the last few years of maintaining my 350Z. Bear with me...

I recently wanted a Door Switch Panel Trim unit. I went on Amayama and although I found the part, they only showed a LHD door and the part is handed. So I messaged them and asked how do I find the RHD part number. They came back with 80960 CD700.

So I did a search on that and got "part no longer available". So I msg'd again and was told to try another site called: products@nengun.com. This also said not available but nengun performance suggested I put in a request for it and they would do a search through suppliers. They said this was because Nissan and various other suppliers are bad at keeping their stock status up to date (can't believe that 😁)

After a couple of days they came back and said they could get it and gave me a quote. However in the meantime I'd had another idea... On Amayama I'd been searching for "80960 CD700", so I tried a search for "80960CD700", a format I'd used in the past. Lo and behold it took me straight to stock in Japan. Its worth noting that I've also found in the past that searching in the format "80960-CD700" also sometimes gets a result whereas the other two may not!

Anyway, both Amayama (UAE and JPN based) and Nengun (JPN based) are good at getting results but you may have to wait for a day or two for msg responses.

So bottom line is, if you cant find it on their websites, it does seem to be worth messaging. They will also probably want VIN number.

Cheers!

P.s. Another, UK based supplier has been suggested to me on the GTRDC forum but I'm still trying to clarify the name given as searching for it gives no exact matches but lots of variations by differing companies!!

• Like 3

Thanks for the help John will try this and see where it goes.

Do either of these part nos look similar? 

99032-6AW0A and

99032-89S0A ?

They are for the GT-R Nismo and I suspect the 99 series indicates a Nismo only part. And I'm speculating that 89S0A might well indicate a stickon stripe....

Oh, and here's the other part source. This one is UK-based but I find their website quite confusinghttps://nissangenuine.com/

Just thought... Might be worth talking to Parts @ Glyn Hopkins (Colchester or Chelmsford?) as they always seem keen to supply and offer some discounts...

Cheers John, the 4 Part Numbers I found were:

K9044-1A30A - (RH) Passenger 2013-2014 NISMO
K9045-1A30A - (LH) Driver 2013-2014 NISMO

And the Rear One.

Product # 

K9036-1A30A

I think this is the front one

Product # 

K9032-1A30A

While Nissan Europe accept the part is correct - they are never being supplied again.  Interestingly, after a lot of to-ing and fro-ing they have now managed I believe to setup the steering wheel on the system again - Nissan Technical Support seem to be struggling with the V1 Nismo.  Thy seem to feel its the same as a GT, likely because there were low numbers and some of them may never have seen one.  All other models pretty much came and went but the Nismo had the two generations.  The first being such a limited run, but I think I am getting there now.  Likely be about 3 months to get it in stock though.

The stickers I am going to a local company that quoted me £100 to re-do them and while they won't be a Nismo part - they are just stickers and I really am struggling with spending so much on what are just pin stripes.  So I am going over next Wednesday.  Only thing I think I will get next week at the dealer is the replacement Fuel Cap.   Certainly a challenge dealing with Nissan Technical Support.

I think the whole v1 v2 Nismo saga hurts heads 🤣

Robyn, at Norton Way, understands, but she may be on mat leave?

She certainly helped me when i was trying to source a v1 Nismo inside door handle, as someone had replaced one of mine with a v2 version. Rebecca was the first to notice that they are different colours! The part numbers are, I believe, the same for a v1 and v2 despite the obvious colour change! And, even less obviously, the vent surround is included in the door handle part no. !

ps...does anyone need a spare used set for a v2? 🤣...

• Like 1

Black Pearl 2010 (60) 370Z Auto GT Pack Connect Premium - 'Cool Dad'
EBC Ultimax (slotted) front discs and Ferodo DS2500 front pads
- auf wiedersehen pet
Storm White 2014 (64) 370Z Nismo #376 - the new 'Cool Dad'

I guess the 380RS owners have the same issues as us.  Limited run and with really only a 12 month production run whereas the V2 nismo was 5 years.    I even suggested their technical support watch GT Academy on YouTube to get some idea 🤣

• Like 1

Just had the stripes redone with 3m Metallic Red. I saw the two colours (old and new) together and they are pretty much spot on. I decided to go right across on the front and also the wing mirrors. All the sticker fitted at the local graphics company for £100.

Nissan looked to be close to £450 not fitted. Took about 40 minutes of while I waited. Superb service. I used AR Vehicle graphics in Over (near Cambridge)

0023413af11f0e1e422264b052043701.jpg
7cae77c7ea7b2cecb6c45efef16060cb.jpg
f619bca66417c6045f86bdcd134f39c3.jpg
f2ee0bda76abc0776432362600f4437e.jpg
811fbdd4b411c98fcbaf376ad1563ecc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Les, did they put a lacquer coating over the stripes or do they just sit on top?

2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads, Flat bottomed steering wheel
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

The originals seem to put a clear film Over the top but they could not see what that did apart from another edge to catch polish. So it’s just the 3M film which they use to wrap a car. They just said watch the edge but to be honest it’s now my mission to treat it better than I did. I think some of the cleaning products I used faded it. I don’t have pictures but it had gone white in a few places.

• Like 1

Hi Les. Can you tell me width (or depth) of lower body / bumper stripes? Did it get changed in repro? Ta.

And.... Is it / was it, reflective or just bright red?

Hi John

If it’s the rear one I left it as it was ok and was not going to be as quick to replace or reproduce although the guy said he was happy to do it. It is in good condition.

The wrap used is a metallic red 3M wrap not sure of what colour exactly but it’s metallic.

Rear Strip is .5cm high by about 140cm allowing for the bends on each side

Wing mirrors are .5cm high by 30cm but they are now longer than OEM although the height is the same.

Front splitter is .8cm high by 70cm wide but again they are wider than oem.

Thanks Les. .5cm sounds much less than I expected and even a deeper .8cm at front surprises. I was expecting thickness (depth) to be 10 to 12 mm.

On 2/17/2021 at 3:26 PM, JohnFK said:

Thanks Les. .5cm sounds much less than I expected and even a deeper .8cm at front surprises. I was expecting thickness (depth) to be 10 to 12 mm.

OEMs on a v1...

2001434746_IMG_3046(002).thumb.jpg.a545e98b34b327cd5cc8aea26cd6ac16.jpg1551223592_IMG_3047(002).thumb.jpg.799ec65209dc493c0a6d98d3ee36e19d.jpg

Black Pearl 2010 (60) 370Z Auto GT Pack Connect Premium - 'Cool Dad'
EBC Ultimax (slotted) front discs and Ferodo DS2500 front pads
- auf wiedersehen pet
Storm White 2014 (64) 370Z Nismo #376 - the new 'Cool Dad'

On 2/10/2021 at 11:49 AM, LESmo said:

Just had the stripes redone with 3m Metallic Red. I saw the two colours (old and new) together and they are pretty much spot on. I decided to go right across on the front and also the wing mirrors. All the sticker fitted at the local graphics company for £100.

Nissan looked to be close to £450 not fitted. Took about 40 minutes of while I waited. Superb service. I used AR Vehicle graphics in Over (near Cambridge)

0023413af11f0e1e422264b052043701.jpg
7cae77c7ea7b2cecb6c45efef16060cb.jpg
f619bca66417c6045f86bdcd134f39c3.jpg
f2ee0bda76abc0776432362600f4437e.jpg
811fbdd4b411c98fcbaf376ad1563ecc.jpg

Very good Les :clap:

Nice garage too!

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Z* with a plethora of minor bespoke mods'

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY