Horsham Developments

What have you done for your 370z today? (3)

• Like 1

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - "Muttley" (it was the only Z in the village ....)
Storm White R35 GT-R MY21 Track Edition… “Fully Loaded”

Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - "The Expensive Mistress"
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - "Dumbo"
Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R MY11 with Recaros - "The General"
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - "Dastardly"
[Volkswagen Up! GTi, 5-door, White]

As far as I know there are two alarms or functions of the alarm one senses a voltage drop ie open a door and the other is a motion sensor which can be switched off behind the seat. Mine goes off occasionally even if I switch of the motion one which only leaves a voltage drop

This is my take on it and I know nothing about anything to do with alarm just what I have read and tried, the moisture thing should have nothing to do with anything in that case but like I say if it works great but would be interested to know why out of interest

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

• Jeff-W pinned this topic
On 1/29/2021 at 11:30 AM, milanored said:

As far as I know there are two alarms or functions of the alarm one senses a voltage drop ie open a door and the other is a motion sensor which can be switched off behind the seat. Mine goes off occasionally even if I switch of the motion one which only leaves a voltage drop

This is my take on it and I know nothing about anything to do with alarm just what I have read and tried, the moisture thing should have nothing to do with anything in that case but like I say if it works great but would be interested to know why out of interest

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

interesting thoughts, thanks

still monitoring, hopefully dry enough tomorrow morning so i can get out and start her/giver her some tlc

Black Pearl 2010 (60) 370Z Auto GT Pack Connect Premium - 'Cool Dad'
EBC Ultimax (slotted) front discs and Ferodo DS2500 front pads
- auf wiedersehen pet
Storm White 2014 (64) 370Z Nismo #376 - the new 'Cool Dad'

MOT pass :)

As I've got an aftermarket multi-function light replacing the rear foglight - and the regulations have changed within the last 12 months - I took the car to the MOT station a couple of weeks ago to see if he would fail it on that light. in theory, it could fail. (I'd taken the precaution of fitting it with plugs, so that various functions can be disabled if necessary), but it turns out he said he'd pass it anyway.

So - as he HAD to find something wrong, he gave me 2 advisories for 'cuts on tyres'. Well - try as hard as I might, I couldn't see any cuts on the front tyre, and the cut on the rear tyre is so miniscule that you need a magnifying glass to find it!

Whatever - He passed it!

• Like 3

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

On 03/02/2021 at 7:26 PM, Chubbs said:

MOT pass :)

As I've got an aftermarket multi-function light replacing the rear foglight - and the regulations have changed within the last 12 months - I took the car to the MOT station a couple of weeks ago to see if he would fail it on that light. in theory, it could fail. (I'd taken the precaution of fitting it with plugs, so that various functions can be disabled if necessary), but it turns out he said he'd pass it anyway.

So - as he HAD to find something wrong, he gave me 2 advisories for 'cuts on tyres'. Well - try as hard as I might, I couldn't see any cuts on the front tyre, and the cut on the rear tyre is so miniscule that you need a magnifying glass to find it!

Whatever - He passed it!

Hey Chubbs

I still have a similar aftermarket rear fog light that I'm yet to fit. Thanks to your help, I have the plug and play harness connector so I just need to decide what configuration to wire it up in and get round to doing it. I'm wondering, what changed with regards to the MOT and rear lights? 

Thanks

Dave 

On 2/5/2021 at 1:40 PM, Dave G said:

Hey Chubbs

I still have a similar aftermarket rear fog light that I'm yet to fit. Thanks to your help, I have the plug and play harness connector so I just need to decide what configuration to wire it up in and get round to doing it. I'm wondering, what changed with regards to the MOT and rear lights? 

Thanks

Dave 

I've been searching for the past 40 minutes and I can't find the MOT change that concerned me. Maybe I dreamt it! I'll post it up if I find it.

Edit: - Here's a bit of corroboration, but it's still not the detail I remember having read - https://forums.nissansportz.com/topic/41034-led-rear-fog-tail-stop-light/?do=findComment&comment=425197

Edited by Chubbs

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

On 06/02/2021 at 10:54 PM, Chubbs said:

I've been searching for the past 40 minutes and I can't find the MOT change that concerned me. Maybe I dreamt it! I'll post it up if I find it.

Edit: - Here's a bit of corroboration, but it's still not the detail I remember having read - https://forums.nissansportz.com/topic/41034-led-rear-fog-tail-stop-light/?do=findComment&comment=425197

Thanks for taking the time to look this up. I'm thinking if I fit switches/connectors to disable everything apart from the fog light function, then I can just turn them off if needs be. 

1 hour ago, Dave G said:

Thanks for taking the time to look this up. I'm thinking if I fit switches/connectors to disable everything apart from the fog light function, then I can just turn them off if needs be. 

That's exactly what I've done, just in case I get a snotty testerman. It's not hard for me to make my lamp perform simply as a foglight, by uncoupling a couple of plugs. Trouble is, stupidly I put the connectors behind the boot trim. It would have been more sensible to have them inside the boot, so trim removal wasn't needed.

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

32 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

That's exactly what I've done, just in case I get a snotty testerman. It's not hard for me to make my lamp perform simply as a foglight, by uncoupling a couple of plugs. Trouble is, stupidly I put the connectors behind the boot trim. It would have been more sensible to have them inside the boot, so trim removal wasn't needed.

Indeed, that would be a little easier! If it's all the same with you, I'll use your benefit of hindsight and pop the switches/connectors in an easy-to-reach location :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Re-inflated the tyres a couple of days ago - pressures down to 24-27 psi because of under-use.

Today I remembered that the MOT inspector had offered some kindly words last March concerning the rear tyres, so thought I better check before this year’s test. Couldn’t get the depth gauge into the tread in the dark - got an LED torch out and discovered why.

Two new rears ordered (Michelin PS4S - £214 ea through Black Circles). Fitting (Monday) included in the price.

As I knew the tyres were at the end of their lives, the lesson learnt here is how much they deflated in the garage just by not being used.

• Like 1

Fred I - 350Z 2007 Gunmetal. 6 CD changer, full leather, reverse sensors. SOLD.
Fred II - 370Z GT 2011 Gunmetal. Premium connect. GT spec. Seriously un-modified. See-through windows, and a wheel at each corner. Sold 13 July 14. Gone.
Fred III - 2014 facelift 370GT. Magma red. Reversing sensors. Invidia Gemini CBE. Sold 2 April 2016.
Fred IV - 2016 Daytona Blue 370Z GT. Reversing sensors. K & N panel filters. Invidia Gemini CBE. Full front wrap - Ventureshield II.

I should have stated the the tyres being replaced are the original Potenzas after 21.5k miles of my best driving!?

Fred I - 350Z 2007 Gunmetal. 6 CD changer, full leather, reverse sensors. SOLD.
Fred II - 370Z GT 2011 Gunmetal. Premium connect. GT spec. Seriously un-modified. See-through windows, and a wheel at each corner. Sold 13 July 14. Gone.
Fred III - 2014 facelift 370GT. Magma red. Reversing sensors. Invidia Gemini CBE. Sold 2 April 2016.
Fred IV - 2016 Daytona Blue 370Z GT. Reversing sensors. K & N panel filters. Invidia Gemini CBE. Full front wrap - Ventureshield II.

19 hours ago, Jeff-W said:

I should have stated the the tyres being replaced are the original Potenzas after 21.5k miles of my best driving!?

21.5k miles on one set of tyres must be pretty good on these cars!

2017 (67) 370Z NISMO - Ecutek - Cobra HFCs - HKS filters -  Japan Racing 15mm spacers all round - roof wrapped in Avery Dennison "Gloss Burgundy" - heavy tint rear screen - "Z" burgers

2020 SEAT Ateca FR Black Edition /  2015 French C1 Thingy /  2016  Aygo (a 50% Japanese fleet!) :)

And you should see the wheelies he does..... Oh, no, those are on his skateboard...

• Haha 1

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - "Muttley" (it was the only Z in the village ....)
Storm White R35 GT-R MY21 Track Edition… “Fully Loaded”

Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - "The Expensive Mistress"
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - "Dumbo"
Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R MY11 with Recaros - "The General"
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - "Dastardly"
[Volkswagen Up! GTi, 5-door, White]

Finally got her washed today, it`s either been too wet, to cold or too windy for a decent wash, it seems like ages since I`ve washed her,  but in my defense she hasn`t been out much either.

I`m out of the Gtechniq snow foam now and I`m not that impressed with Meguires Ultimate car wash and wax, I thought the NXT generation was far better.

Also one of the headlights is distinctly yellow now and both are in need of attention, I`m tempted to bite the bullet and get a pair of Morimoto LED headlamps but then I might get buyers remorse as they`re quite expensive.

• Like 2

Current: Metallic pearl white 2012 370z GT Edition, Invidia stainless cat back exhaust, Stillen Gen 3 Intakes and K&N filters and a UpRev remap

1 minute ago, Dieselpit said:

Just upgraded my side indicators to LED, full black and sequential flashing... 😃

Hope you like it and that the Dropbox link will work, the gif was to big for attachment  😉

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rp7q4a49oi5ijwc/GIF-210227_160640.gif?dl=0

The link works for me. Wow - they look great. Got any details, such as where did you get them? Very impressive. Easy to fit?

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

I purchased them from Ebay Kleinanzeigen (Ebay classified?) here in Germany. No trader or manufacturer visible. 

I shared my post also in the german 370Z Facebook group and people are asking where to purchase too. I guess sooner or later somebody will come up with a link (hopefully 😉) then I'll post it here too. 

They fit very well, but are a little bit harder to remove than the stock ones. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dieselpit said:

I purchased them from Ebay Kleinanzeigen (Ebay classified?) here in Germany. No trader or manufacturer visible. 

I shared my post also in the german 370Z Facebook group and people are asking where to purchase too. I guess sooner or later somebody will come up with a link (hopefully 😉) then I'll post it here too. 

They fit very well, but are a little bit harder to remove than the stock ones. 

Just found them on aliexpress (£16.92 = 19.36 euros) - and bought some! Thanks for the idea.

AliExpress link

• Like 4

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

2 hours ago, Dieselpit said:

Just upgraded my side indicators to LED, full black and sequential flashing... 😃

Hope you like it and that the Dropbox link will work, the gif was to big for attachment  😉

They look great 👍

• Like 2

Current: Metallic pearl white 2012 370z GT Edition, Invidia stainless cat back exhaust, Stillen Gen 3 Intakes and K&N filters and a UpRev remap

3 hours ago, Dieselpit said:

Wow!  Very nice Peter.  Thank you for sharing!

• Like 1

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Z* with a plethora of minor bespoke mods'

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

5 hours ago, Chubbs said:

...but slower than you to buy some! By the way, I ordered the black ones too. I think they might look good on a grey car.

How did you order them? I can`t click the buy button as I get a caption "Please provide the missing information" only there isn`t anywhere to add anything.

6 hours ago, Gav C said:

How did you order them? I can`t click the buy button as I get a caption "Please provide the missing information" only there isn`t anywhere to add anything.

You have to choose from the 2 little thumbnail pics, by clicking on one of them - do you want clear or do you want black, then you're good to go. Both types are the same price.

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B