What have you done for your 370z today? (3)

@Chubbs @Dave G

The LED side indicators that you've both fitted obviously don't throw up any errors on the dash? 

2017 370Z Nismo / 2020 SEAT Ateca FR Black Edition / 2001 BMW E39 540i 4.4 V8 Sport / 2015 French C1 Thingy....

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I finally found some time to give the Z (and Juke) a little TLC.  To my shame, this is the first proper clean and vacuum they've had this year.  The Z looked very unloved. The final r

Here a short video.    

Not what I've done for my Zed but more what it has done for me... 3 year anniversary today!!! Loved every year, month, day, hour, minute and second. Did I mention that I like it...?  Here's to ma

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Loadmaster said:

@Chubbs @Dave G

The LED side indicators that you've both fitted obviously don't throw up any errors on the dash? 

No - no errors. I've never had any canbus issues with the Z - Does its technology pre-date all that interfering stuff? I think maybe it does?

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

1 hour ago, Chubbs said:

No - no errors. I've never had any canbus issues with the Z - Does its technology pre-date all that interfering stuff? I think maybe it does?

Maybe you're right there - but then again, do that sort of stuff with my 20 year old BMW and the dash lights up in a Christmas tree stylee! 

• Haha 1

2017 370Z Nismo / 2020 SEAT Ateca FR Black Edition / 2001 BMW E39 540i 4.4 V8 Sport / 2015 French C1 Thingy....

10 minutes ago, Loadmaster said:

Maybe you're right there - but then again, do that sort of stuff with my 20 year old BMW and the dash lights up in a Christmas tree stylee! 

Yes, annoying, isn't it? Having put LED bulbs into my motorhome DRLs, every time I drive it I get a message on the dashboard telling me there's a problem (they were supposed to be canbus-friendly, but clearly they aren't).

• Like 1

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

On 3/9/2021 at 3:45 PM, Dave G said:

Ahh, good tip. No I hadn't. When I do, it says the same as yours. At Atherstone...they did share the same plane! Or, there's only one parcel and the Royal Mail have to flip a coin to see which one of us gets it! 

Edit: I missed some posts, looks like Gav is still in the running! 

Arrived today but no one in to take the parcel, I`ll collect them in the morning 👍

• Like 2

Current: Metallic pearl white 2012 370z GT Edition, Invidia stainless cat back exhaust, Stillen Gen 3 Intakes and K&N filters and a UpRev remap

On 3/10/2021 at 2:07 PM, Chubbs said:

A million thanks to DieselPit for letting us know about these LED side markers. They're excellent. Easy to fit (30 seconds each side). They are nice & bright, nice & orange and in real life the 'flow' of the LEDs is more pronounced than on the video.

Totally chuffed! They help bring the old dinosaur into the 21st Century a bit!

I don't normally like animated indicators but I do like that :)

• Like 1

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Z* with a plethora of minor bespoke mods'

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

On 3/10/2021 at 4:21 PM, Chubbs said:

Just ordered a replacement red 'GT-R' style Start button, to replace the white one and make me go faster. £7.93, including tax. Ebay sell them for over £37!!!!! (I'm only getting the red insert, but that's all you need, isn't it?)

CLICK HERE FOR LINK

Anyone fancy a 'Race From China'?

That's just the plastic button top by the looks of it, not the whole 'switch' you get from Nissan.

I still have my old white button so if you want that I can post it to you in case you damage the your original swapping the parts over.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Paul_S said:

That's just the plastic button top by the looks of it, not the whole 'switch' you get from Nissan.

I still have my old white button so if you want that I can post it to you in case you damage the your original swapping the parts over.

Thanks Paul - that's very kind of you. I have a very nice 'how to' video* of how to dismantle the button without damaging it, but I'll bear your offer in mind, if I may, just in case I prove to be ham-fisted or unlucky.

Yes, as I said, it's just the red plastic insert (but you don't need anything else really, do you?).

*Here's a link to the video, which is within the advert, provided by the seller on aliexpress - LINK TO ADVERT

• Like 1

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

On 3/13/2021 at 6:22 PM, Chubbs said:

Thanks Paul - that's very kind of you. I have a very nice 'how to' video* of how to dismantle the button without damaging it, but I'll bear your offer in mind, if I may, just in case I prove to be ham-fisted or unlucky.

Yes, as I said, it's just the red plastic insert (but you don't need anything else really, do you?).

*Here's a link to the video, which is within the advert, provided by the seller on aliexpress - LINK TO ADVERT

Ah, cunning.  Let us know how you get on :)

• Like 1

Lenses popped off the LED side repeaters and sanded down ready for intricate masking of the Z

PXL_20210316_173205163.jpg

• Like 2

Current: Metallic pearl white 2012 370z GT Edition, Invidia stainless cat back exhaust, Stillen Gen 3 Intakes and K&N filters and a UpRev remap

2 hours ago, Gav C said:

Lenses popped off the LED side repeaters and sanded down ready for intricate masking of the Z

PXL_20210316_173205163.jpg

now you've got me interested! Silver background?

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

5 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

now you've got me interested! Silver background?

No, Pearl White 😉

Not touched a rattle can in years so we`ll see how it turns out 😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gav C said:

No, Pearl White 😉

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out my friend :thumbs:

• Like 1

2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads, Flat bottomed steering wheel
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

1 hour ago, Gav C said:

No, Pearl White 😉

Prep is important - although it should be keyed, it must be smooth & dust-free. Patience is the key with rattle cans (not something I'm too good at). Very thin coats and wait for it to dry before the next spray. Good luck!

Edited by Chubbs
typo correction :)
  • Like 2

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

Masking these was a real pita, never again 😂 two light coats of etching primer then flat it tomorrow with some 2500 wet and dry.

PXL_20210317_191409855.jpg

PXL_20210317_192327357.jpg

• Like 2

Not what I've done for my Zed but more what it has done for me... 3 year anniversary today!!! Loved every year, month, day, hour, minute and second. Did I mention that I like it...? 

Here's to many many more years! 🙂

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Dave G said:

I hope you tested them before you set to work Gav?!? Looking forward to seeing the fruits of your labour. 

Tested.... Err nope 😂 it crossed my mind but I got too busy prying the lenses off.

My main reason for doing it is that I wanted the Z to stand out and I just didn't think it did that with the all smoked look. Also it will be more like the black Z burgers on the front and back. 

Just hope they end up looking how I imagined they would 👍

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Gav C said:

Masking these was a real pita, never again 😂 two light coats of etching primer then flat it tomorrow with some 2500 wet and dry.

PXL_20210317_191409855.jpg

PXL_20210317_192327357.jpg

Looks like we got our spray booths from the same supplier!

Edit - Nice idea, by the way. I can picture it in my mind's eye. Hope it works out for you.

Edited by Chubbs
  • Like 1

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

3 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

Looks like we got our spray booths from the same supplier!

Can`t beat Amazon for those 😆

• Haha 1

So I made a schoolboy error in not reading the instructions on the pearlescent paint, I'd primed the side repeaters with grey etching primer and then when I went to add the pearlescent it even up silver 🙃 so I've now rubbed then down again and primed then with white primer, should work out ok this time round 😄

PXL_20210323_220420112.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Simple one for me, had my Zed serviced by my local independent garage. Nothing major, just an oil and filter change as well as new coolant. I'll do the other bits myself (new pollen filter, clean the K&N air filters). Another stamp in the book...