CongratulationZ

What have you done for your 370z today? (3)

I'm looking forward to seeing the final result Gav :)

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Z* with a plethora of minor bespoke mods'

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

3 hours ago, Paul_S said:

I'm looking forward to seeing the final result Gav :)

Me too but it's not gone as well as planned, the white primer has reacted with the pearlescent paint so now I need to save them right down and start again 🤬

PXL_20210324_182039253.jpg

• Sad 2

Current: Metallic pearl white 2012 370z GT Edition, Invidia stainless cat back exhaust, Stillen Gen 3 Intakes and K&N filters and a UpRev remap

11 hours ago, Gav C said:

Me too but it's not gone as well as planned, the white primer has reacted with the pearlescent paint so now I need to save them right down and start again 🤬

PXL_20210324_182039253.jpg

How about spraying them black? Might look nice.

• Haha 1

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

55 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

How about spraying them black? Might look nice.

I might as well as left them alone doing that 😂

No I`m going to persevere as I think the black Z on the white background with the black ring around the edge will look good, a bit like the black Z burgers.

Current: Metallic pearl white 2012 370z GT Edition, Invidia stainless cat back exhaust, Stillen Gen 3 Intakes and K&N filters and a UpRev remap

1 minute ago, Gav C said:

I might as well as left them alone doing that 😂

No I`m going to persevere as I think the black Z on the white background with the black ring around the edge will look good, a bit like the black Z burgers.

lol yes - it was a joke.

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

40 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

lol yes - it was a joke.

Yeah I got it 😁

• Haha 1

I took her out for a lovely sunshine drive with the roof down, sounding awesome with the invidia making all the right noises :) only trouble is I noticed my roof down light on the dash still illuminated even when closed, I did a bit of research and sure enough the rear window de-mister doesn't work so it looks like a sensor issue.

I couldn't find anything on a decent home fix but wondered if anyone had found out anything specific so I could at least tell the mechanic what to fix rather than them mull it over for 4 hours at a cost to me :)

thanks as always for any advice shared 

On 3/10/2021 at 4:21 PM, Chubbs said:

Just ordered a replacement red 'GT-R' style Start button, to replace the white one and make me go faster. £7.93, including tax. Ebay sell them for over £37!!!!! (I'm only getting the red insert, but that's all you need, isn't it?)

CLICK HERE FOR LINK

Anyone fancy a 'Race From China'?

The very cheap red starter button has arrived in the UK, cleared customs and is now sitting in the Royal Mail sorting office in Birmingham.  I know you were all waiting for an update :)

Apologies for quoting myself!

• Like 2

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

The very cheap red starter button has arrived in the UK, cleared customs and is now sitting in the Royal Mail sorting office in Birmingham.  I know you were all waiting for an update
Apologies for quoting myself!

At least 10 BHP cheap mod

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, milanored said:

At least 10 BHP cheap mod

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

That's because red ones go faster

• Haha 1

Like this Nismo?WP_20160906_001.thumb.jpg.c1126f6178b9b82a195f7b9a4406c3e9.jpg

• Like 2

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - "Muttley" (it was the only Z in the village ....)
Storm White R35 GT-R MY21 Track Edition… “Fully Loaded”

Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - "The Expensive Mistress"
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - "Dumbo"
Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R MY11 with Recaros - "The General"
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - "Dastardly"
[Volkswagen Up! GTi, 5-door, White]

Sorry if I put that question in the wrong thread fellas 👀.

I checked out that link you put up Chubbs for your starter button, theirs a wealth of 370Z loveliness to be bought from their! 

Unfortunately being fuloughed has hit me quite hard so ive had to manage the pennies and not had the opportunity to use the Z much but I'm be adding some fine touches to get this summer.

I hope everyone's got through the lockdown ok and looking forward to a great summer of enjoying these beautiful cars we cherish 😎🙂

• Like 3

On 3/25/2021 at 12:13 PM, GLR CHRIS said:

I took her out for a lovely sunshine drive with the roof down, sounding awesome with the invidia making all the right noises :) only trouble is I noticed my roof down light on the dash still illuminated even when closed, I did a bit of research and sure enough the rear window de-mister doesn't work so it looks like a sensor issue.

I couldn't find anything on a decent home fix but wondered if anyone had found out anything specific so I could at least tell the mechanic what to fix rather than them mull it over for 4 hours at a cost to me :)

thanks as always for any advice shared 

Hi Chris - you've probably not had any help because nobody's got a roadster. Have you tried the370z.com? There are many more roadsters in America. I just did a search for 'roadster roof' - it may be worth a try.

A quick search brought this up, for example:

http://www.the370z.com/nissan-370z-roadster-convertible/107170-370z-roof-wont-move-warning-light.html

I admit I haven't read much of it, but there's one comment about 'the limit switches at the top of the windshield' and there's also a suggestion to disconnect the battery for 10 minutes (bearing in mind you'd need to do the window motor re-set after you re-connect the battery - it's an easy procedure).

Hope this helps.

• Agree 1

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

Hey Chubbs, thanks for the info mate, I didn't realise there weren't too many of the rag tops around in old Blighty 😂

I'l have a read through and give the relevant info to my trusted independent mechanic 👍

I had to get the convertable as for my sins I am a hairdresser so I am duty bound to follow the rhetoric of what we drive, it completes the cliche😃

That link to the bits off Ali Express has certainly given me some ideas, I hope the button works out well for you, it does look a lot sportier 👍

• Like 2

On 3/26/2021 at 5:16 PM, JohnFK said:

Like this Nismo?WP_20160906_001.thumb.jpg.c1126f6178b9b82a195f7b9a4406c3e9.jpg

Haha, perhaps!  I do love a red Z :)

I like red NISMO's too, but I would have to do something with the red NISMO accents because they are a different red from the body.  I couldn't live with that!

I finally found some time to give the Z (and Juke) a little TLC.  To my shame, this is the first proper clean and vacuum they've had this year.  The Z looked very unloved.

1217124620_Dirty370Z.jpg.2a8b2acb6c6f91b7bf974e80bc286104.jpg

171841052_CleaningCars1.jpg.53f499a5e88b245100fa88df6e9e614e.jpg

The final result was pretty good.  They both need a good detail, but at least they look cared for again.

1981027558_CleaningCars2.jpg.6920a434831f05db10debe0484d6c0cc.jpg

• Like 6

Finally got my car back last night. Instead of the usual SORN over the winter months it went off to a mate of mine for the winter months while I contemplated what to do with her and he got to drive it and sort out a few things for me that needed doing whether I was gonna sell her or not. Since figuring out I was able to keep her it was good to finally get her back. I must admit firing her up for the first time in over 3 months I was actually a bit nervous and yes, I'd forgottten just how loud she was!

So here she is all shiny looking (I don't suppose that'll last!!) newly painted black wheels and matching wheel nuts, new rear tyres, ding taken out of wing and dent taken out of exhaust tail.

The big question now is, what to do about the wheel centres and brake calipers?? And yes badges are tentatively on my list...

IMG_20210330_094232.jpg

IMG_20210330_094349.jpg

• Like 3

Great to hear Chas and I always thought your car was really quiet, don't know what you're on about  :P

As for the badges, got to be black burgers in my book (I assume that's what you mean). Did the same on my 370Z before Gav stole bought her from me. And something I was toying with before she went was funnily enough calipers - I always thought light blue or cyan coloured calipers would look great (and a little different) on a white car.

3e8dc4a55b898cae900cdbe9cfd64b98.jpg

• Haha 1

2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads, Flat bottomed steering wheel
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

5 hours ago, Neutreus said:

Great to hear Chas and I always thought your car was really quiet, don't know what you're on about  :P

As for the badges, got to be black burgers in my book (I assume that's what you mean). Did the same on my 370Z before Gav stole bought her from me. And something I was toying with before she went was funnily enough calipers - I always thought light blue or cyan coloured calipers would look great (and a little different) on a white car.

3e8dc4a55b898cae900cdbe9cfd64b98.jpg

Oi!!! I resemble that remark 😂

On another note I`m glad you didn`t get round to painting the callipers, blue or otherwise, I like them just the way they are 👍

• Like 2

I dropped the Z in for a service today, only a minor one S/P1 whatever it is these days, fresh fully synthetic oil ready for 15th May, though it was overdue by 5 months 🤐

I blame the lockdown 😂

I`ve also given the side repeaters a final coat of white primer ready for flatting and pearlescent lacquer tomorrow.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Neutreus said:

Yes you're right, I meant the burgers and actually I had similar thoughts about the brake calipers and going for something a bit leftfield, although white could be good too. I suppose the question is do I want to be the guy that people say "Why did he paint them THAT colour?". And part of me is thinking that's exactly why I would. On the other hand I suppose once they'yre covered in unwashed dirt and brake dust it's not gonna matter too much anyway.

• Like 1

Final flatting done, just one area where there is a mark that needs touching up, quite happy with it though given the intricacies of the Z.

Mask it again and pearlescent paint tomorrow then fingers crossed I can get them fitted on Friday.

PXL_20210331_175209020.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ChasGFL said:

Yes you're right, I meant the burgers and actually I had similar thoughts about the brake calipers and going for something a bit leftfield, although white could be good too. I suppose the question is do I want to be the guy that people say "Why did he paint them THAT colour?". And part of me is thinking that's exactly why I would. On the other hand I suppose once they'yre covered in unwashed dirt and brake dust it's not gonna matter too much anyway.

My thoughts on that would be, who cares what other people think - do what you want although you are probably right, they wll be a mixture of grey/brown before long :teeth:

29 minutes ago, Gav C said:

Final flatting done, just one area where there is a mark that needs touching up, quite happy with it though given the intricacies of the Z.

Mask it again and pearlescent paint tomorrow then fingers crossed I can get them fitted on Friday.

PXL_20210331_175209020.jpg

That looks really good Gav, I think this is going to look brilliant!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads, Flat bottomed steering wheel
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

Thank you Neil, they`re not perfect but I`m happy with them.