CongratulationZ

Well this is a new one on me. My GTR has been sat in the garage on trickle charge since early December I think. I've started her up and kept her running for 20-30 minutes every few weeks (last time was about 3 weeks ago).

Anyway, today I went out to do the same and the fob didn't work. OK I thought, probably battery. Changed battery, still nothing when I press the unlock (or boot release) button. 

I've got into the car using the physical key and the car will start provided I put the fob into it's receptacle in the dash. But even having run the car for 30 minutes, the fob still wouldn't then lock the car or do anything.

It seems to me as if somehow the car is not 'hearing' the signal from the fob. Anyone come across this or have any ideas?

Thanks.

2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads, Flat bottomed steering wheel
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

Fob battery? I've now learnt my lesson and always keep a spare in my home...

P.s. Do you not have a second fob?

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - "Muttley" (it was the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - "The Expensive Mistress"
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - "Dumbo"
Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R MY11 with Recaros - "The General"
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - "Dastardly"
[Volkswagen Up! GTi, 5-door, White]

I've also read you can insert it in the fob holder around 10 times to get the car to register with it. Apparently the indicated will flash once its done.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Current - 2009 GTR Premium, Stage 2
Current - 2010 370z Black Edition, DeCat, Milltek Exhaust, EcuTek, Custom Horsham Developments SC air 2 air, Reversing Camera, 20mm Eibach Spacers, Braded SS Brake Lines. Plus many more mods. Currently running 551/400
Black Skoda Fabia, too many mods to mention 290BHP now with the son.

4 hours ago, JohnFK said:

Fob battery? I've now learnt my lesson and always keep a spare in my home...

P.s. Do you not have a second fob?

Did you read my post John? :hrhr:  Said in it that I replaced with a new battery pal. Re the second fob, yeah, I did try that fob too and the same result sadly.

2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads, Flat bottomed steering wheel
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

3 hours ago, blobbish said:

I've also read you can insert it in the fob holder around 10 times to get the car to register with it. Apparently the indicated will flash once its done.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

I'll give that a try tomorrow Rob, cheers. :thumbs:

I thought you meant you'd changed the car battery!

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - "Muttley" (it was the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - "The Expensive Mistress"
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - "Dumbo"
Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R MY11 with Recaros - "The General"
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - "Dastardly"
[Volkswagen Up! GTi, 5-door, White]

13 hours ago, JohnFK said:

I thought you meant you'd changed the car battery!

:hrhr: Ah, I see. Nothing so dramatic thankfully. Will be popping out to try Robin's suggestion shortly. Will report back in case others get a similar issue at any point.

FOB action everywhere today!

• Like 1

2017 370Z Nismo / 2020 SEAT Ateca FR Black Edition / 2001 BMW E39 540i 4.4 V8 Sport / 2015 French C1 Thingy....

Any joy Neil? Massive long shot, but one of our other cars (Passat) says in the user manual not to press the key fob button too many times when the car is out of range as the fob and car can get out of sync. If this happens, there's a procedure to follow to resync the fob and car. Might be worth a 5 min Google search to see if the GTR has something similar (not sure if this is the same as Blobbishs' suggestion)? Doesn't explain the second fob not working though... :(

• Like 1

No, no joy yet. Blobbish had a coupe of good suggestions but neither have worked sadly (one of those included trying to re-programme the fob by inserting into the recpticle in the dash a few times). I'm taking her up to Litchfield a week tomorrow and they are going to sort it but they are also going to ensure that the original Tracker on the car is not causing an issue (which whilst I'm pretty sure is not linked - I have recently let my subscription expire).

Bit of a long shot. I have heard of interference from other sources causing this. 
have you tried the remotes with the car in another location?

2016 GT-R Recaro Black. Stage 1 engine and gearbox remap epic!

No 1 GT-R Black Black from Marshalls. Helmet signed by Mizuno...

Paul_S Reversing Camera - Sold.

Sept 01 2004 Z GT gunmetal Alezan gone but not forgotten

On 2/20/2021 at 4:50 PM, paul_k said:

Bit of a long shot. I have heard of interference from other sources causing this. 

No I haven't Paul but there's nothing different in the close that I'm aware of. I might try this quickly on Friday morning before I head up to Litchfield just in case though :thumbs: 

On 2/20/2021 at 4:50 PM, paul_k said:

Tried this today Paul and also took the car for a longer drive with the fob in the recepticle and no joy from doing either/both. On the bright side, oh my was it good to get in the GTR and go for a drive for the first time this year. It just feels special every time but moreso for the time gap.

Well over to Litchfield on Friday to sort it out then (and another excuse to drive).