Jump to content

Tarmac Sportz 370Z V2 Resonated Short Tails - Anyone Fitted?


Recommended Posts

Currently considering a few small mods to do in the summer and one thing I've been looking at is exhausts. I want something that's road (MOT) legal, up on sound, but not obnoxiously so if that's possible.

I found this on offer from Tarmac Sportz and was wondering if anyone had fitted one to their car, or even heard it on someone else's 370Z?

Tarmac Sportz V2 Nissan 370z Nismo Resonated Short Tail Exhaust

Thanks as always.

2017 370Z Nismo / 2020 SEAT Ateca FR Black Edition / 2001 BMW E39 540i 4.4 V8 Sport / 2015 French C1 Thingy....

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

I think they're quite loud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zv7awpaNVg

There are other videos too.

Yeah, I saw this and another longer one where that same guy from TS goes out in the car and films inside and out. It's louder for sure, but unfortunately no amount of audio gives a true account of the sound in real life.

So if you can't hear it for real beforehand, you pays yer money and takes a chance...

  • Like 1

2017 370Z Nismo / 2020 SEAT Ateca FR Black Edition / 2001 BMW E39 540i 4.4 V8 Sport / 2015 French C1 Thingy....

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's, really difficult to tell... I spent months trawling YouTube trying to decide but you just can't tell. I had a 350Z previously and I took a punt on an aftermarket exhaust on that but ultimately didn't like the sound (it was too 'raspy'). So if you can, try to (legally and within social distance rules) hear the car/exhaust combo you're interested it.

I'm sure someone on here fitted short tails to a Nismo last year...? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Dave G said:

I'm sure someone on here fitted short tails to a Nismo last year...? 

I was hoping so, but no one's come forward yet!

What's fitted on yours, or are you standard?

2017 370Z Nismo / 2020 SEAT Ateca FR Black Edition / 2001 BMW E39 540i 4.4 V8 Sport / 2015 French C1 Thingy....

Link to post
Share on other sites

I went for an Invidia Gemini cat back system. There's quite a bit written about this system on here, and there are a number of us with that exhaust. I love it. It's louder than stock but quiet enough on a run that you can cruise all day. However when you step on the loud pedal it wakes up! 😜

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I think the cheapest 'proper' solution to the lack of a gorgeous exhaust note on the 370 is an Invidia Gemini cat back exhaust system (about £1,100, plus fitting). More expensive, but it replaces everything from the cats to the tailpipes, it fits well and it's a quality piece of kit. Several people here (including me) have gone down this route. It's loud, but only when you want it to be (okay, that's at least 50% of the time, but you know what I mean).

https://www.funkypower.com/index.php/shop-by-vehicle/nissan/invidia-gemini-cat-back-exhaust-system-944.html

You can pay less, but many people find the result too loud, or you can pay more (sometimes a lot more) and get a better sound or a valved system.

Ultimately, you pays yer money...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dave G said:

I went for an Invidia Gemini cat back system. There's quite a bit written about this system on here, and there are a number of us with that exhaust. I love it. It's louder than stock but quiet enough on a run that you can cruise all day. However when you step on the loud pedal it wakes up! 😜

lol you just beat me to it!

  • Haha 1

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

Link to post
Share on other sites

I fitted my system during the Workshop day a year and a bit ago. It was much easier with the car in the air.  I intend on going this year (if we can have the event, fingers crossed) and if we're legally allowed within half a mile of each other, I'd happily help you fit one if that's an option you'd consider... I'm sure there would be other willing volunteers! 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dave G said:

I fitted my system during the Workshop day a year and a bit ago. It was much easier with the car in the air.  I intend on going this year (if we can have the event, fingers crossed) and if we're legally allowed within half a mile of each other, I'd happily help you fit one if that's an option you'd consider... I'm sure there would be other willing volunteers! 

Cheers Dave, that's very kind of you to offer assistance. However, I'm not quite sure how I'd get all the new kit up to Cambridge from Surrey!  😬

2017 370Z Nismo / 2020 SEAT Ateca FR Black Edition / 2001 BMW E39 540i 4.4 V8 Sport / 2015 French C1 Thingy....

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Loadmaster said:

Cheers Dave, that's very kind of you to offer assistance. However, I'm not quite sure how I'd get all the new kit up to Cambridge from Surrey!  😬

All the component parts of the exhaust will fit into the car, for transportation. Paul_S posted a photo to prove it, once upon a time!

 

Edit: Found it! God, I'm so sad. Don't I have anything better to do with my life?... https://forums.nissansportz.com/gallery/image/4784-invidia-in-the-bootjpg/

Edited by Chubbs
  • Like 1

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have AAM non resonated short tails fitted to my V1. It’s loud on start up but  reasonably quite once warmed up. Above 3,000 rpm it’s interesting but I have got used to it and tbh I like it as it adds character! It’s also my weekend toy so I’m not driving it everyday.

I currently have standard cats but I may be changing these in the future which means it will probably increase the noise levels so I may need to do something different.

Where do you live, noting you bought the car from Coulsdon Audi? I’m not far from there. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chubbs said:

All the component parts of the exhaust will fit into the car, for transportation. Paul_S posted a photo to prove it, once upon a time!

 

Edit: Found it! God, I'm so sad. Don't I have anything better to do with my life?... https://forums.nissansportz.com/gallery/image/4784-invidia-in-the-bootjpg/

You beat me to it today!  I too managed to get everything in my boot as per the link (I too have a photo somewhere!).  I can't claim any credit for this, it was Pauls' great boot packing that inspired me :)

EDIT: Whilst waiting for the kettle to boil (yes, that's actually true...), I couldn't help myself...my equivalent photo

 

20190913_193207.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dave G said:

You beat me to it today!  I too managed to get everything in my boot as per the link (I too have a photo somewhere!).  I can't claim any credit for this, it was Pauls' great boot packing that inspired me :)

EDIT: Whilst waiting for the kettle to boil (yes, that's actually true...), I couldn't help myself...my equivalent photo

 

20190913_193207.jpg

That makes it 1-1?

  • Haha 1

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cloudy said:

I have AAM non resonated short tails fitted to my V1. It’s loud on start up but  reasonably quite once warmed up. Above 3,000 rpm it’s interesting but I have got used to it and tbh I like it as it adds character! It’s also my weekend toy so I’m not driving it everyday.

I currently have standard cats but I may be changing these in the future which means it will probably increase the noise levels so I may need to do something different.

Where do you live, noting you bought the car from Coulsdon Audi? I’m not far from there. 

 

I think I've seen the AAM short tails being fitted and sound demo'd by Bros FourSpeed in the US on Youtube.

I'm 10 miles further down the A23 from Coulsdon in Horley.  I'd be interested to hear how yours sounds sometime, if it could be arranged when all restrictions lifted!

2017 370Z Nismo / 2020 SEAT Ateca FR Black Edition / 2001 BMW E39 540i 4.4 V8 Sport / 2015 French C1 Thingy....

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cloudy said:

Yes those are the ones. I wasn’t keen at first but they have grown on me a lot.

I also live in Horley.

Perhaps we can arrange a micro meet (as we call them in BMWCC GB 😄) when restrictions fully lifted?

I'm on Langshott. 

2017 370Z Nismo / 2020 SEAT Ateca FR Black Edition / 2001 BMW E39 540i 4.4 V8 Sport / 2015 French C1 Thingy....

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Cloudy said:

Sounds good to me... especially as I’m also on Langshott. 

Blimey! Small world. 

The Acres or Smallfield end?!

I've never seen, nor heard, another Z in the area.

 

 

2017 370Z Nismo / 2020 SEAT Ateca FR Black Edition / 2001 BMW E39 540i 4.4 V8 Sport / 2015 French C1 Thingy....

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Loadmaster said:

Blimey! Small world. 

The Acres or Smallfield end?!

I've never seen, nor heard, another Z in the area.

 

 

Small world indeed. I’m towards the Smallfield end. 

The car doesn’t get used all that much as it’s just a weekend toy... and then I seem to spend most weekends doing the DIY! Covid has meant it has probably been used just a handful of times, although I did manage a trip to Wales, when we were allowed, which made up for it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...