CongratulationZ

Sexy Aftermarket 370z Tail Lights, by Morimoto...

It looks like Morimoto are about to release (end of April 2021) some lovely LED tail lights for the 370z. I wonder how much they'll be. I remember that when the first LED tail lights arrived for the 350z (2006?) Nissan charged about £285.00 for the pair. I bet these will be quite a bit more expensive.

If you can get through the frantic first half of the video, you can see the indicators in action - LOVELY!...

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

Ooohh, very nice...

2017 370Z Nismo / 2020 SEAT Ateca FR Black Edition / 2001 BMW E39 540i 4.4 V8 Sport / 2015 French C1 Thingy....

They are brilliant - wonder if they are like the 350z ones - just plug and play,  I remember swapping them on the 350z and how much brighter they were

Current - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button. GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System. Custom Blank Button Delete Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Current - 2020 (20) Juke Tekna Plus, Gun Metal Grey/Red Contrast, DCT Gearbox, Clever Little Commuter Car

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Posted (edited)

Just found someone else who is planning to sell them, from around the end of March 2021. I've emailed them for details...

Edit: - Looks like these people might actually be the manufacturers.

Edited by Chubbs

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Dave G said:

I like those. In fact, I like the front lights too but they are rather pricey! Group buy...? 

Looks like I was being way too optimistic about price. They can be pre-ordered through CoPlus's UK distributor (Torqen, who often charge top dollar, in my experience*), for £999!!!! That's a ridiculously high price, so, nice as they undoubtedly are, I probably won't be buying them :(

I wonder how much Morimoto will be selling them for in the USA.

*for example, Torqen charge £129 for aftermarket foglights that you can buy on AliExpress for £45!!!

Edited by Chubbs

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

45 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

Looks like I was being way too optimistic about price. They can be pre-ordered through CoPlus's UK distributor (Torqen, who often charge top dollar, in my experience*), for £999!!!! That's a ridiculously high price, so, nice as they undoubtedly are, I probably won't be buying them :(

I wonder how much Morimoto will be selling them for in the USA.

*for example, Torqen charge £129 for aftermarket foglights that you can buy on AliExpress for £45!!!

These are the headlights I was looking at, they`re around $1300. The problem you have is if you get any issues you will have to sort it out with the supplier unless you can deal directly with Morimoto, this still more preferable than dealing with Torquen for these, they only offer a 1 year warranty and claim that they`re the manufacturer, all the US retailers give a five year warranty.

A few people have had paint bubbling under the projectors which has put me off spending a shed load of money, Maybe in a years time when the issues have been ironed out it might be worth it, specially if you can get a black Friday deal.

Current: Metallic pearl white 2012 370z GT Edition, Invidia stainless cat back exhaust, Stillen Gen 3 Intakes and K&N filters and a UpRev remap

14 minutes ago, Gav C said:

These are the headlights I was looking at, they`re around $1300. The problem you have is if you get any issues you will have to sort it out with the supplier unless you can deal directly with Morimoto, this still more preferable than dealing with Torquen for these, they only offer a 1 year warranty and claim that they`re the manufacturer, all the US retailers give a five year warranty.

A few people have had paint bubbling under the projectors which has put me off spending a shed load of money, Maybe in a years time when the issues have been ironed out it might be worth it, specially if you can get a black Friday deal.

Headlights? The Torqen price I'm quoting is for tail lights. However, I totally agree with the rest of your post.

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

2 hours ago, Chubbs said:

Headlights? The Torqen price I'm quoting is for tail lights. However, I totally agree with the rest of your post.

When I was looking at the headlights these tail lights weren`t out but I`d say the same still stands regarding Torquens attitude to the warranty, the tail lights won`t be subjected to the same issues of paint bubbling (caused by the sun reflecting off the projectors) so would be a viable option buying from the US, a group buy would get the postage costs to a reasonable cost.

• Like 1

Current: Metallic pearl white 2012 370z GT Edition, Invidia stainless cat back exhaust, Stillen Gen 3 Intakes and K&N filters and a UpRev remap

It's just a chance you take when ordering mechanical or electrical stuff from overseas - the faff and cost of sending it back if it fails or doesn't function in the first place.

Personally, for big ticket items like these lights I'd only purchase from a reliable UK supplier. 

• Like 1

2017 370Z Nismo / 2020 SEAT Ateca FR Black Edition / 2001 BMW E39 540i 4.4 V8 Sport / 2015 French C1 Thingy....

Long shot this but why don't you ask Amayama for a quote? I'm sure they do more than Car Manufacturers own parts but you'd need to give them full manufacturer details - they may be able to get them from Japan...

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - "Muttley" (it was the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - "The Expensive Mistress"
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - "Dumbo"
Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R MY11 with Recaros - "The General"
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - "Dastardly"
[Volkswagen Up! GTi, 5-door, White]

16 minutes ago, Loadmaster said:

It's just a chance you take when ordering mechanical or electrical stuff from overseas - the faff and cost of sending it back if it fails or doesn't function in the first place.

Personally, for big ticket items like these lights I'd only purchase from a reliable UK supplier. 

Which takes you back to Torquen and their mythical manufacturers claim and one year warranty. Without seeing any proof of then being morimoto lights of avoid them like the plague

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Gav C said:

Which takes you back to Torquen and their mythical manufacturers claim and one year warranty. Without seeing any proof of then being morimoto lights of avoid them like the plague

Wish there was an 'agree' button - so many posts I agree with here today.

I'm very confused. Are these lights manufactured by Morimoto or by COPLUS in Taiwan? Both are manufacturers and they are both about to start selling identical 370z tail lights. I emailed Coplus, where I got the impression they were the manufacturer - and they reckon their UK dealer is Torqen. Their website is quite interesting - https://www.coplus.com.tw/home

I wonder if they are 2 branches of the same company. I cannot find out where Morimoto are based. Is it the USA? Is it Japan?

My tiny brain is getting frazzled here.

EDIT: Think I have the answer to my own question. I believe Morimoto and Coplus are one & the same company, because aspects of their corporate videos on both sites are identical.

Edited by Chubbs

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

I really wanted to like these but they're just a bit too bling for me.  I'm not a fan of animated indicators on any car.

I do like the side Z repeaters though...

• Haha 1

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Z* with a plethora of minor bespoke mods'

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY