I learnt today about ESSO Supreme+ 99.  Sorry if I've missed a thread on this already.

Apparently they don't use methanol at the moment (which might change):

Although our pumps have E5 labels on them, our Synergy Supreme+ 99 is actually ethanol free (except, due to technical supply reasons, in Devon, Cornwall, the Teesside area, Scotland and NW England). Legislation requires us to place these E5 labels on pumps that dispense unleaded petrol with ‘up to 5% ethanol’, including those that contain no ethanol, which is why we display them on our Synergy Supreme+ 99 pumps.

There’s currently no requirement for renewable fuel, like ethanol, to be present in super unleaded petrol although this could change in the future, in which case we would comply with any new legislation.

So it looks like it might be a good alternative to Shell V Power (especially as they shut the Shell garage in Ashford).  Also, it's great for the 240Z because of the lack of methanol too :)

Source: ESSO website

Edited by Paul_S
Quotation box
  • Like 1

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Z* with a plethora of minor bespoke mods'

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

Paul, I believe you mean “ethanol” in your text.

Don’t put methanol in your fuel or your stomach. Ethanol is allowed in both, in limited quantities.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fred I - 350Z 2007 Gunmetal. 6 CD changer, full leather, reverse sensors. SOLD.
Fred II - 370Z GT 2011 Gunmetal. Premium connect. GT spec. Seriously un-modified. See-through windows, and a wheel at each corner. Sold 13 July 14. Gone.
Fred III - 2014 facelift 370GT. Magma red. Reversing sensors. Invidia Gemini CBE. Sold 2 April 2016.
Fred IV - 2016 Daytona Blue 370Z GT. Reversing sensors. K & N panel filters. Invidia Gemini CBE. Full front wrap - Ventureshield II.

13 hours ago, Jeff-W said:

Paul, I believe you mean “ethanol” in your text.

Don’t put methanol in your fuel or your stomach. Ethanol is allowed in both, in limited quantities.

Just in case any children or serial killers are reading this thread, Ethanol can be very harmful, if drunk.

Edit: unless it's already part of an alcoholic beverage, of course :)

Edited by Chubbs
  • Like 1

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

Guys, do I tell you how to live your life?! :lol:

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

I put some of this in the Honey Monster's tank today.  It's gone in on top of some old VPower so not a great test, but I'll report back if I notice anything different (not that the car is doing many miles at all at the moment).

I had a little trouble finding the right pump because the Esso garage in Ashford only sells the 99ron fuel from one pump at the moment.

As an aside, I got an email from Nectar the other day and pre-loaded my card with their kind offer of an extra 500 points for filling up with at least 20ltrs of Esso fuel.

• Like 2