Adrian Flux

F1 2021

Neutreus

The 2021 season kicks off today with Qualifying at 3pm in Bahrain.

I'm hoping it's going to be another cracker like last year; we have some new exciting drivers like Tsunoda and whilst his car won't be quick, the famous Schumacher name is bakc in F1 again. A long year ahead with 22 races scheduled, including I'm glad to see, the return of Portimao.

The biggest news though is that the Mercs are not favourites going into the first race. After problems with rear end stability in pre-season practice, they appear to have made in-roads but the Red Bulls might be the ones to beat and brilliant news that the McLarens look like they will be mixing it up near the sharp end too hopefully! 

Fingers crossed that it will be a closely fought battle all the way but hoping Lewis will make it 8 before he decides whether or not to jack it in at the end of the year.

• Like 1

2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads, Flat bottomed steering wheel
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

Yeah, what happened to the ability to hide text behind a spoiler? Can we have that back?

And as to the race, what an absolute cracker, throughout the field too. This certainly bodes well for the season I hope!

• Agree 1

2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads, Flat bottomed steering wheel
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

• 3 months later...

Wow!...no comments from this weekend?!

Anyway, if you fancy being there, on race day next year, as a guest of McLaren, use a search engine for "dofe McLaren"...

and if you win, remember who told you about it, for your 'plus one' 😉

Black Pearl 2010 (60) 370Z Auto GT Pack Connect Premium - 'Cool Dad'
EBC Ultimax (slotted) front discs and Ferodo DS2500 front pads
- auf wiedersehen pet
Storm White 2014 (64) 370Z Nismo #376 - the new 'Cool Dad'

20 hours ago, John_K said:

Wow!...no comments from this weekend?!

Anyway, if you fancy being there, on race day next year, as a guest of McLaren, use a search engine for "dofe McLaren"...

and if you win, remember who told you about it, for your 'plus one' 😉

Don't know what you mean John, there were no controversial moments or anything, just racing incidents from what I saw :whistle:

In reality I have plenty of opinion on it and have had several discussions with fans/haters of both LH & MV. What's your thoughts John?

24 minutes ago, Neutreus said:

Don't know what you mean John, there were no controversial moments or anything, just racing incidents from what I saw :whistle:

In reality I have plenty of opinion on it and have had several discussions with fans/haters of both LH & MV. What's your thoughts John?

I'm probably biased towards LH, however, I was there Friday and Saturday and it was building all weekend.

Going in to Copse, Lewis pulled the same move on Max on Sunday, that Max pulled on him in Sprint Qualifying on Saturday. They didn't crash on Saturday because Lewis gave in. Max didn't give in. 100% racing incident.

The penalty was harsh, but not as harsh as the one for Russell on Saturday - absolute joke. The stewards need to understand it's motorsport, not a parade!

Just my opinion...

• Agree 1

- auf wiedersehen pet

19 hours ago, John_K said:

I'm probably biased towards LH, however, I was there Friday and Saturday and it was building all weekend.

Going in to Copse, Lewis pulled the same move on Max on Sunday, that Max pulled on him in Sprint Qualifying on Saturday. They didn't crash on Saturday because Lewis gave in. Max didn't give in. 100% racing incident.

The penalty was harsh, but not as harsh as the one for Russell on Saturday - absolute joke. The stewards need to understand it's motorsport, not a parade!

Just my opinion...

For what it's worth John, I'm of the same opinion. Particularly because it was the first lap when these things used to be considered more of a race incident. You saw Max notice Lewis on the inside so straighten the wheel slightly and then turn back in, he just assumed Lewis would back off in my opinion. Fair play for him not doing so, Lewis has been very respectful to Max several times this season already by pulling out of a 50/50 whereas Max just doesn't.

On the flip side, Lewis did run slightly wide so when you bear in mind that Lando and Perez got penalised for similar incidents at Austria, I suppose they were being consistent (consistently wrong in my opinion because as you say this is wheel to wheel racing), but why a 10 second penalty and not 5 like the others? Was it because you had Christian 'Dramatically Over the Top' Horner bleating on on the radio (don't get me started on Helmet Marko and his absurd comments). Strange in my opinion.

It's also interesting that Leclerc (who was right behind them) and Alonso have both said they felt it was a racing incident too.

At the end of the day though, what an amazing come back despite the harsh penalty. Should make the next few races a little more spicy too! 

• Agree 1

Max is totally at fault in my opinion. The onboard clearly shows him turn in, straighten up when he notices Lewis on the inside and then turn hard right assuming Lewis would back off. Copse has so much tarmac run off he could easily have kept straight and still been ahead on the exit. Also Lewis was pretty much level and the collision was Lewis's front tyre to Max's rear tyre so Lewis had braked earlier and was backing off. The nonsense that redbull are now saying Lewis would not have made the corner ignoring the fact Max therefore definitely wouldn't have!!

Horner and Verstappen are really starting to annoy me, both behaving like spoilt brats completely ignoring that they have already been found cheating this year!!

• Agree 1

gallery_245_423_13930.png

8 hours ago, PaulW said:

Horner and Verstappen are really starting to annoy me, both behaving like spoilt brats completely ignoring that they have already been found cheating this year!!

Couldn't agree more Paul, I've now seen on Tweetbookagram that Red Bull (via Helmut and Horner) have instructed a lawyer to investigate whether the penalty given was just and whether the punishment should be greater or some such nonsense. I mean talk about a childish tantrum because things didn't go how you felt they should. They really are showing themselves up to be proper princesses and by doing so, all they are doing is re-affirming to Max that he did the right thing. Absolute Joke. 

They should be fined for bringing the sport into disrupute!

I did wonder if Horner's original ranting was partly frustration with his own driver for not seeing the bigger picture and throwing away a 33 point lead when all he had to do was let Hamilton take the lead and even if he didn't retake the lead at some point with his faster car the impact of a Hamilton victory would have been minimal. But going on his continued ranting he is clearly just deluded. 

Verstappen lost out in a racing incident, get over it and move on.

• Agree 1

This is interesting: British Grand Prix: F1 teams could face penalties if they visit race stewards without an invitation - BBC Sport

According to the blurb, Toto was invited but Christian Horner rushed after him uninvited! Tw*t. 

• Agree 1

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - "Muttley" (it was the only Z in the village ....)
Storm White R35 GT-R MY21 Track Edition… “Fully Loaded”

Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - "The Expensive Mistress"
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - "Dumbo"
Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R MY11 with Recaros - "The General"
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - "Dastardly"
[Volkswagen Up! GTi, 5-door, White]

P.s. Given the Red Bull hysterics, one can only hope Jos is having a word with Max to explain the facts of life(in F1 racing).

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - "Muttley" (it was the only Z in the village ....)

Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - "The Expensive Mistress"

Do I detect a note of back-pedalling in this latest Red Bull / Horner press release/whinge? https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/57949190

I am afraid Its racing - I didn't see anything wrong with what happened, It was nothing like when Bourdais hit us at Le Mans because he couldn't find a way to get past - taking us out after 17 hours, nearly identical smash into the tyres for our car at the time.  We just moved on, some people felt sorry for us, as sorry that a few months later in Champ Car - Bourdais got taken out and the team who did it sent a message to us to say it was pay back.  I still hate the guy to today and probably will for the rest of his life - not that he knows it or would probably care.  But as far as last weekend its just what happens in racing.  RB were not so outraged the several times their own cars took each other out...  

• Agree 2

Current - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button. GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System. Custom Blank Button Delete Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Current - 2020 (20) Juke Tekna Plus, Gun Metal Grey/Red Contrast, DCT Gearbox, Clever Little Commuter Car

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

• 2 weeks later...

Well... today was a race and a half! Couldnt take my eyes off it...

Absolutely bonkers race -  ***SPOILERS BELOW***

Can't believe that Hamilton didn't pit on the re-start. I know there is no pit to driver comms on the parade lap now, so he didn't know if rain was incoming but someone (maybe Brundle) always says be on the right tyres for the current conditions. Created one heck of a comeback though on an extremely difficult track to pass on.

Fair play to Ocon too, he didn't put one wheel wrong all day - unlike Bottas :blackeye:

I think Lewis was in a no win position. As Merc are first pit if he had stopped he would have had to wait for the whole field to go past before he could have been released and then if he had pitted how many behind would have taken the start to get a jump on him?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

gallery_245_423_13930.png

• 1 month later...

***SPOILERS***

Argghhhhhh, I am so fed up with the Red Bull/Verstappen rhetoric that it is always Lewis' fault (and the flippin haters on certain forums). What was the difference between corner 4 on lap 1 where Lewis backed out because Verstappen pushed him wide and then corner 2 where the accident happened. As usual Verstappen just expects him to move out of the way and was clearly desparate because he knew Lewis would be away and gone if he stayed in front.

On the plus side, I am soooo happy for McLaren, a phenominal result for them!!

100% agree.

If Max doesn’t get a penalty, neither of them will back out next time.

Imagine if today was the last race of the season, Max would be champion having taken his rival out.

Now imagine no penalty today, and at the last race of the season, Lewis is ahead in the championship and just takes Max out to win…

- auf wiedersehen pet

Yep. If that wasn't a 'predominantly to blame' on Max's side, you have to wonder what Lewis is supposed to do in these situations.

**BREAKING NEWS** - Max given 3 place grid penalty at the next race for being just as I've said above (thought I'd check before posting this haha). 

Good! The right flippin decision and maybe he won't think he's so invincible and can do anything he wants now. We want fair but firm racing!

correct decision, rubbish penalty. They were probably going to take a new engine, and the penalty for that, at the next race anyway...

- auf wiedersehen pet

18 hours ago, John_K said:

correct decision, rubbish penalty. They were probably going to take a new engine, and the penalty for that, at the next race anyway...

Yeah, good point. Makes that a no brainer now.

thanks for the prompt, I've bagged a few 😁

• Like 1

- auf wiedersehen pet